IGNORED

Any realist out there?

RedNight

• Admin
On 02/04/2018 at 11:03, ChippenhamRed said:

I find it remarkable that there is even a question of whether LJ is still in credit. We’re in 7th spot with a realistic play off shout! LJ’s record here is pretty much second to none. His win % is bettered only by previous managers who have benefited from managing in the third tier.

And before anyone says “so he should with the backing he’s had!”, perhaps stop to consider that the money spent is far more a reflection of the market in 2018 rather than the club suddenly deciding to splash the cash. No one was paying £10m for championship strikers in 2008 and our budget remains bottom half. It would be a bit like saying someone who bought a house in 2018 must have a bigger one than someone who bought one in 1995, because they spent three times as much on it. It doesn’t work like that.

B6FFF18B-7AA0-4FCF-92C0-C2C1AC33C6D4.jpeg

Not sure where that table came from, but Soccerbase gives him more losses. Making his % win 40.17, still reasonably respectable, but not quite as good as the table posted.

B20E10F6-CABA-47C5-AEE0-064B0FA7652B.png

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

re a central midfielder capable of dominating games....I agree....they aren’t easy to find though.  Just ask Arsene Wenger....he’s been trying to find a replacement for Vieira for 13 years.

Maybe not dominate games all the time but I think moving Brownhill to a central position would go some way to helping. Idealy in a 3with Pack and Smith sitting more and letting Josh have a freer role. I don't think we could have a dominate , creative MF'er in a 2 ,  it  would need cover.

Archived