IGNORED

IDIOTS

southvillekiddy

Who are the biggest idiots at our Club right now?

I can imagine the players are well confused about a lot of things but not who the idiots are.

They bust their balls off in the first half of the season and cup runs, giant-killing, Top 6, highest scorer in the League etc.. and then they're told by those in charge that we're not seeking promotion. (If you were thinking this, would you be stupid enough to blab it all over the media)

I'd say it's been thoroughly disappointing for an exciting young team. How can we hope to hang on to Bobby?

Surely what we have observed is that in the most difficult League in football,  you take your chances when they arrive. I give you Bournemouth and Huddersfield Town

Just now, Spoons said:

Not sure our fan base deserve promotion. Today proved that.

That’s akin to asking for Johnson to be sacked because of one bad game.

im sure you wouldn’t subscribe to such an over reaction based on one sample compared to a body of work displaying the opposite

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Not sure our fan base deserve promotion. Today proved that.

Should never jeer a player being subbed off....that’s shit.

LJ put Jent in that position.  Had he subbed him at half time, he wouldn’t have been subjected to that.

Bailey Wright had a poor game on the ball, but he defended well enough.  Disgraceful jeering of him.

On 13 Feb, the Post interviewed MA about the transfers in January and recruitment in general. The last line of which reads:

Ashton went on to confirm that the club are set up for the long term and not specifically targetting promotion this season.

3 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

On 13 Feb, the Post interviewed MA about the transfers in January and recruitment in general. The last line of which reads:

Ashton went on to confirm that the club are set up for the long term and not specifically targetting promotion this season.

Thanks for clarifying. The word specifically may make a subtle difference in Ashton's mind but I have said elsewhere that I wonder what effect his words had on the club mentality.

8 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

In that case hes done a great job not targetting promotion, i think its almost certain that he will achieve this aim.

what an ass.

17 minutes ago, 054123 said:

That’s akin to asking for Johnson to be sacked because of one bad game.

im sure you wouldn’t subscribe to such an over reaction based on one sample compared to a body of work displaying the opposite

Overreactions are weekly occurrence with our fans, and if anything are less frequent when we are doing well.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Should never jeer a player being subbed off....that’s shit.

LJ put Jent in that position.  Had he subbed him at half time, he wouldn’t have been subjected to that.

Bailey Wright had a poor game on the ball, but he defended well enough.  Disgraceful jeering of him.

Our fans shouldn't be criticised. Over 22K turned up to watch the most pathetic performance. Those players are a disgrace today and the management were woeful too. 

33 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Overreactions are weekly occurrence with our fans.

James

You needed to be there today to see how spineless ; effortless ; characterless and horrifically clueless and abysmal that whole pantomime was today 

Up,there - considering all factors - as bad as I’ve seen at home for many years

Whatever the reaction it can’t be classed as an overreaction - it was shameful

Serious concerns again over LJ right now 

And has been coming and coming - some need to take off the rose tinted specs and realise we’ve been heading towards that today since Wolves

I think it is clear that the club has had an absolutely shocking 4 months. 

From a position of being untouchable and using PR well it started souring when JL made the balls up with the St George flag and took to Twitter to roundly insult those who differed in opinion to him. 

Mark Ashton had verbal diarrhoea re the transfer window and his quote has now been dragged in as many directions as it could go. 

Then the window. What they did I can understand, but from today there is little doubt the conservative attitude was wrong. It translated to the players - who are playing conservatively, it damaged the ambition - the players don't even look like they are striving for promotion, and it has damaged the trust because the fans dont believe summer will be better or that we can keep hold of our players. 

Then you have the ticketing fiasco and the club had 3 bites of the cherry and still, fked up. 

I really hope SL is doing a bolts and braces review and is ready to sack some of those responsible for the massive errors (whether commerial or backroom staff - 2nd to 7th+ and fan divide like this... someone or probably more likely a few have been grossly negligent). Mind you, if you're a billionaire and strategically cannot keep a rugby union club in the top division, maybe sports leadership really isn't for you..

5 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Our fans shouldn't be criticised. Over 22K turned up to watch the most pathetic performance. Those players are a disgrace today and the management were woeful too. 

I’m glad all 22k didn’t jeer.  A lot did, and I don’t think much of "fans" that do that.  My opinion.  You are of course entitled to feel the way you do.  I can certainly see why you do.

Depends what you mean by "disgrace"....I don’t think it was lack of trying, just incredibly poor execution by too many of them.  And when you chase the ball around all game it’s tough to find energy to build an attack, name yourself available.

I do find it hard to think where that performance came from, although there’s been plenty of evidence of us not hitting the heights, but it was truly awful today.  The more worrying thing for me is that our head-coach, his assistants and the analysts found no way to do anything about it.

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

James

You needed to be there today to see how spineless ; effortless ; characterless and horrifically clueless and abysmal that whole pantomime was today 

Up,there - considering all factors - as bad as I’ve seen at home for many years

Whatever the reaction it can’t be classed as an overreaction - it was shameful

And has been coming and coming - some need to take off the rose tinted specs and realise we’ve been heading towards today since Wolves

It's a general comment BBSB, rather than one about today.

After losing to Birmingham it was "I'd take 4th bottom now"

After drawing against Burton the first time it was "we'll be lucky not to get dragged into a relegation fight" and numerous other ridiculous comments. There's been several over the last month saying we will be relegated to League 1 next season.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

After drawing against Burton the first time it was "we'll be lucky not to get dragged into a relegation fight" and numerous other ridiculous comments. There's been several over the last month saying we will be relegated to League 1 next season.

Play like we have done over last 3 months we will be

Play like we did today and we’d be down by Christmas

Do the alarm bells ringing not concern you ?

I can’t explain how horrific and shameful,that was today in each and every single aspect from selections , tactics, attitude , application .........

11 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Such an ambitious man aren’t you? Can I come and work for you please...?

41 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Thanks for clarifying. The word specifically may make a subtle difference in Ashton's mind but I have said elsewhere that I wonder what effect his words had on the club mentality.

I think they might instead represent the current mentality of the club.

Players get a feel for these things. They know, they know where a club is "at." What is acceptable. Subliminally, this comment - representing as it surely does the attitude of the powers-that-be towards what they will be happy with this season - will have crept into everything. The sloppiness, the baffling substitutions, the seeming lack of effort, the "tiredness."

The more driven players might not be too happy. The less driven - possibly the ones @spudski was referring to recently - will be upset? And can we snap out of this and do better next season?

When things were going well, the players and manager were obviously a close knit team - all hunky dory.. After watching the arguing going on around the pitch this afternooon, it appeared from the stands that things are not right. Now rumours abound about Johnson falling out with the players....? 

What has happened?

38 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Overreactions are weekly occurrence with our fans, and if anything are less frequent when we are doing well.

That's football. If you prefer sensible, moderate and proportionate reactions, SL puts on some rugby union at AG now.

52 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

So what he meant was that if we got promoted we'd be ahead of schedule, the target for this season was to consolidate after two relegation scraps. He's not saying the club doesn't want promotion, I don't know why some people on here try to rubbish our own club based on misinformation.

11 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

The more driven players might not be too happy. The less driven - possibly the ones @spudski was referring to recently - will be upset? And can we snap out of this and do better next season?

You pose the question that worries me most - can we snap out of this slump next season.

Our recent slumps took months to recover from - there is something very worrying when bad patches become so long lasting.

Perhaps LJ needs an independent assistant rather than one of the boys to offer a genuinely different perspective and help change happen without tinkering.

My belief is the players are good enough, so LJ should stop messing with the selection and get them playing better ie coach the change?

3 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

So what he meant was that if we got promoted we'd be ahead of schedule, the target for this season was to consolidate after two relegation scraps. He's not saying the club doesn't want promotion, I don't know why some people on here try to rubbish our own club based on misinformation.

What he meant is open to interpretation. What he said is not exactly Laurence Olivier playing Henry IV just before kick off at Agincourt. Not many top Championship players thinking themselves accursed they were not here, this season....

2 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

What he meant is open to interpretation. What he said is not exactly Laurence Olivier playing Henry IV just before kick off at Agincourt. Not many top Championship players thinking themselves accursed they were not here, this season....

It might be open to interpretation but he didn't say the club didn't want promotion this season

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

Been downhill ever since then.

Sums up our village pub team ambitions perfectly.

Archived