IGNORED

I dont know what to post now?

Andy082005

I started to believe that LJ really was the real deal and a bright young manager. But since the cup run ended we have gone from bad to worse. All the good has turned bad.  What I cannot understand is how can LJ not stop the rot and turn the form around. If he is a bright young manager then surely he could have done this by now.

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

We got rid of Danny Wilson after finishing 3rd for two seasons running with a squad packed with local lads and getting us to a play off final...so, no, it wouldn’t be laughable...

You could argue it’s what a ambitious club would do? Has the club out grown LJ?

3 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Fair enough but you could argue his selection has been pretty poor throughout this year? He’s certainly not getting anywhere near as much from his players this year, the question is why?

I can’t argue against that and I don’t know the answer. I’m as disappointed as anyone with the decline and today was horrific - but nonetheless, he’s still in credit for me. And despite everything we still have a chance of a play off place, which suggests our rivals aren’t that great themselves.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We got rid of Danny Wilson after finishing 3rd for two seasons running with a squad packed with local lads and getting us to a play off final...so, no, it wouldn’t be laughable...

That was in the third tier though, which could therefore more reasonably be considered underachievement.

15 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Well I'm not over emotional or attention seeking. Lee Johnson is out of his depth and IMO the team's performance today showed signs that all is not well in the first team squad and the coaches. I feel he may have or be on the verge of losing some part of the dressing room. 

Yes.

1 minute ago, KeepUpLino said:

You could argue it’s what a ambitious club would do? Has the club out grown LJ?

That’s an interesting point...I argued on here that when we walked league one to become champions we should then have thanked Steve Cotterill for his success, given him an appropriate ‘bonus’ and then moved on to start life in the championship with a more experienced manager at a level where Cotterill has unfortunately never excelled....but obviously most people thought he deserved his chance to manage us in the championship because he won league one....club’s are quick to get rid of players when they get promoted as they don’t think they can the step up, but they don’t do the same with managers...

44 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I like anyone, watch on reguarly and there has been times when I think he could be learning as a coach. I actually started to believe it myself. 

Then he goes and proves he isnt learning from his mistakes.

He still cant help but take teams on these abysmal runs. Not just a bad few games....im talking abysmal runs. He did it at Oldham, Barnsley, and hes done it a couple times with us now. 

His team selections at times have been baffling. Believe it or not...we were actually better when we were riddled with injuries. At least he couldnt tinker with the team like he is now. I mean starting  Kent and Walsh today? Behave...absolute dire decision 

I wont even go into how poor he is in the transfer market. 

Feel free to trawl through more of my posts. As I said...I thought he had learnt a few lessons and had started to develop as a coach. The last 3 months is proving other wise

Really? It's not the norm on this forum.

Tranfers? Some good - some not so although the permanent's seem ok at worst and very good at best.

In terms of trawling through your negative posts, Andy... well it's a bit like playing pin the tail on the donkey where the only option is is it's behind. If you asked me to trawl through your posts to find examples of your genuine support for BCFC then I'd have more chance of finding a needle in a hay stack.

I genuinely can't recall a time when the position of a Manager at this level at our club is in question whilst 7th in the Division. Smacks of irresponsible and out of touch Far/Middle Eastern owners not having a clue about the realities of the EFL.

As for @tinman85 calling for both a change of manager AND regime (i.e. Lansdowns) .... well, IMO that makes Donald Trump look like he's got his finger on the pulse of World opinion.

18 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Well I'm not over emotional or attention seeking. Lee Johnson is out of his depth and IMO the team's performance today showed signs that all is not well in the first team squad and the coaches. I feel he may have or be on the verge of losing some part of the dressing room. 

Whilst I agree with a lot of your post, I don't understand the out of his depth part... If that was the case, surely he wouldn't have got us into 2nd spot in the first place, we just would have been garbage from day 1? How could a manager who was out of his depth guide us to a cup semi final and 2nd place in the league?

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

That was in the third tier though, which could therefore more reasonably be considered underachievement.

Debatable....LJ has had some serious funds to play with...DW had nowhere near the same financial support, hence the reliance on lots of local lads...Phillips, Carey, Hill, Doherty, Burnell, Aaron Brown, Coles, Woodman...

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Debatable....LJ has had some serious funds to play with...DW had nowhere near the same financial support, hence the reliance on lots of local lads...Phillips, Carey, Hill, Doherty, Burnell, Aaron Brown, Coles, Woodman...

I think the football league  was a very very different place back then and it's pretty difficult to draw comparisons.

Having said that I always believed that Keith Millen did brilliantly considering the mess he inherited and the starvation of funds compared to what had come before.

If investment in players  equalled success then several clubs in the Prem wouldn't be there and several clubs in our Division would never have been relegated.

It's fair to say that Villa, Middlesborough  and Derby have invested hugely more than us and are not too far away whilst Millwall and Preston haven't and are in similar positions. 

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Funding in League One in 2003 is hardly comparable to the Championship in 2018.

How many League One clubs were spending £10m+ on strikers in 2003?

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Funding in League One in 2003 is hardly comparable to the Championship in 2018.

How many League One clubs were spending £10m+ on strikers in 2003?

Steve Lansdown was chairman/owner when Danny Wilson was the manager, he was still worth zillions back then....so the funding could have been there if he wanted it to be....

2 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

mate i totally agree with you watch us upset the braindeads on here now there is only one way we are going with this clueless ***** is fighting relegation next year but hey ho lansdown is like a father to me id say hes a brown noser he will say Baker was injured yeh ok id say cause he spoke his mind thats why hes on the bench rather than realise playing kent and walsh hes ****** up again and got to use two subs to try and recktofy his mistakes  lets hope we stay up next year

What did Baker say?!

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Lee Johnson isn't good enough. What has he achieved in football as a player or a coach? There are so many better options out there who would grab hold of this squad, make the right additions and get us promoted. Sadly he is here even if we go down. Said before. Will say it again. Easiest job in football LJ. No pressure. Protected. 

g1442970226947966754.jpg

3 hours ago, Badger08 said:

7th in the championship, what a fraud. 

Jesus, what a bunch of snowflakes.  How about we pull our socks up and do our job.... Which is to ******* support.  

No wonder we haven't got a premier league club, we love a moan as a fan base. We love a bit of drama. We almost revel in failure so we can kick off and tell everyone "I told you so". 

Being right or winning an arguement is almost overtaking the welfare of the club, and I'm ******* sick of it. Look at how many posts appear when we have a bad result compared to a good one. 

We are literally the ******* fans equivalent of the French. 

If you don't like Johnson and you don't like being a place away from the playoffs, take a hard look at yourself as you are the problem. 

NOW ******* FIGHT, FOR **** SAKE, YOU BUNCH OF SELF RIGHTEOUS *****. 

dear me, we have been pretty crap for a while now it is not just a blip, why are we not allowed to be disappointed, stop making excuses for our manager, when we were beating everybody he was a tactical genius and a upcoming young manager so now we are not very good why are you criticising people for having a go it cant all be one way.

I do believe that there might have been a bit of hubris for LJ in the last 3 months, after suggesting he might be the club's most successful manager instead of his dad in the wake of our League Cup semi-final and all the associated media hype. I would also suggest that he has long way to go before overtaking Alan Dicks as our best & most successful manager.

As for today's selection it was baffling to say the least. Either he has completely over-thought the concept of "fresh legs" as he put it or he ignored how Brentford play the game and dominated us in August at their place.

Many more games like that and I am afraid that, fickle as it may seem to some, the knives will be out again for LJ, despite us being better placed than last season. It's the missed opportunity of so abjectly not making the playoffs that is likely to rankle most, especially when we were so well placed at Christmas. If only he could produce a more consistently successful team for a whole season rather than these good spells interspersed by long periods of poor results and performances, when seeming unable to identify and rectify the problems.

5 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I'd love to think we would get shot in the summer...but will never happen sadly.

We're all a bit depressed with the current drop off of form but it sounds like you are taking it much harder than most. 

I think it's extreme to be honest but if that's how you really feel I'm sure fellow Reds will rally round to help you out.

Never say never mate, if it's what you want this summer, then it won't be a problem chipping in for a contract and arranging a hitman for you, when do you want to go? June, July, August?  .... Don't want to lose a Red but if that's your wish, so be it.  :death:

5 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Lee Johnson isn't good enough. What has he achieved in football as a player or a coach? There are so many better options out there who would grab hold of this squad, make the right additions and get us promoted. Sadly he is here even if we go down. Said before. Will say it again. Easiest job in football LJ. No pressure. Protected. 

You do wonder if the comfort zone, *at times of intense pressure, and I know that sounds like an oxymoron is contributing to an inexorable falling away of form.

*The intense pressure is there because the fans want promotion even if the players and staff are under no demands to deliver it. 

Mark Ashton's remarks on that subject will quite possibly be his Ratners moment. He would have been far better, for once, keeping his mouth closed.

All of that said let us give this argument some balance; Steve Lansdown will definitely wield the axe if he feels the project is not working. However, we are miles away from it not working and that happening.

For me, barring a miracle turnaround in form, this season is over. I would far rather we are not humiliated in the play offs not least for fear it will have lasting physchological damage.

Close season clearout required and some tough questions on what went wrong with multiple loans and purchases. 

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

You do wonder if the comfort zone, *at times of intense pressure, and I know that sounds like an oxymoron is contributing to an inexorable falling away of form.

*The intense pressure is there because the fans want promotion even if the players and staff are under no demands to deliver it. 

Mark Ashton's remarks on that subject will quite possibly be his Ratners moment. He would have been far better, for once, keeping his mouth closed.

All of that said let us give this argument some balance; Steve Lansdown will definitely wield the axe if he feels the project is not working. However, we are miles away from it not working and that happening.

For me, barring a miracle turnaround in form, this season is over. I would far rather we are not humiliated in the play offs not least for fear it will have lasting physchological damage.

Close season clearout required and some tough questions on what went wrong with multiple loans and purchases. 

They bought their own hype is my only reasoning behind this latest shambles.  Owner, Chairman, Chief Operating Officer, Head Coach and players.

World's most expensive circle jerk.

8 hours ago, tinman85 said:

The point is we are a cosy/comfortable club. Won't ever be more than that with current regime and manager. 

Does this club (SL) want us to go up this season?.... probably not, tens of millions investment in the squad would be needed

Do the players want to go up this season? prob not as they don't seem that interested in doing so and most wont survive long up there anyway

Does the manager want us to go up this season? prob not as the pressure will then really be on him

To me everyone seems quite happy where they are, and no-one will be shedding too many tears if we don't go up this season. As you say cosy/comfortable club but much too nice

9 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I agree with you. The body language and arguing and blaming said as much . But don’t react to quickly .

11 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You’ve missed the point. The OP said “today’s selection alone is enough to prove his incompetence”. Hence the reference to “one game”.

Well the team selection yesterday was diabolical. It reeks of incompetence

I dont know one person who looked at that line up and thought it would work. Getting something that glaringly wrong is unforgivable

16 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

One bad team selection is "unforgivable". Behave. 

Unforgivable? Pahahaha

Its not just one bad team though is it. His team selections at times are terrible. As are his subs

Im not even going to get started on the "players need to be loved" comments he came out with post match. He all but admitted the players are not mentally strong enough to deal with the current position. 

Thats your job as coach Lee. Your meant to prepare these players

13 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Yeah your right. I probally shouldnt. I was always told not to rub it in when your proven right about something. 

In terms of being 'proven right', where did you predict we'd finish at the start of the season out of interest?

I am no fan of LJ but would certainly admit that this season has emphatically exceeded my lowly pre-season predictions (thought we'd be in a relegation battle).

11 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I genuinely can't recall a time when the position of a Manager at this level at our club is in question whilst 7th in the Division. Smacks of irresponsible and out of touch Far/Middle Eastern owners not having a clue about the realities of the EFL.

You can be 7th, and on the up, climbing the table, building a head of steam; or

You can be 7th, and not moving up or dropping down, having consistently/frustratingly been just outside the play offs most of the season; or

You can be 7th, and on the slide, having been 2nd, and playing very poorly. 

There's 7th, and then there's 7th. Are we moving forwards or slipping backwards? What is the trend here? How does the trend bode?

18 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Yeah your right. I probally shouldnt. I was always told not to rub it in when your proven right about something. 

I was always told not to be a smug wazzack.........especially when the claim of being right is not  proven or substantiated

19 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Said all along our manager is over rated and not good enough. Ive been battered on here in recent months and I stick by what ive always said...he isnt good enough. Comes out with all the sound bites in the media and people have allowed themselves to be sucked in

That starting line up today single handidly proves how incompetent he is. The game was lost before a ball was kicked

I'm not sure that LJ is the correct manager to take us up, however he's done a good job in creating a team to challenge the top half of the league. 

IMHO he's done a good job in raising the clubs profile, but if we want first flight football then we need our owner to be cutthroat in his approach to success, that either means giving LJ a huge budget, or employing a manager with experience of promotion to the top flight, with a wage and transfer budget to match.

I can't help but think that LJ is to Bristol City, what Dave Jones was to Cardiff, and only when Jones was sacked did Cardiff achieve success, until then it was a list of cup runs and nearly's, prey we learn before they did, if at all.

Archived