IGNORED

The reason

RedNight

On 04/04/2018 at 10:43, Cheesleysmate said:

To put the record straight for the glass half full happy clappers:-

Not everyone who moans hates Lee Johnson (It could be any current manager)

There is no “smugness” when what you have seen coming for a long time actually materialises, just a huge amount of frustration and anger, accompanied by annoyance of those who tried rubbishing what you are saying and who insinuate that you know nothing about the game - How would anyone know what experience any poster had? They might be an ex player or an ex coach? They may have been involved in the game for over 40/50 years? Or they might just be a 14 or 15 year old who has never even played the game and just believes any old tripe?

The reason definitely needs some sort of explanation.

I heard many people (mostly fans of another local club) say back in December how the bubble will burst with the cup run....and they were correct.

Every extended break we have come back lethargic and disinterested - why?

Why the sudden inexplicable collapse in form? What has changed? 

Why, when everyone could see that the squad needed strengthening in January did we take gambles.....Diony for example hadn’t scored a single goal this season and we needed goals. The stats glaringly showed loss of form and confidence so why punt with so much at stake?

Why didn’t we get right back cover? BW hasn’t been able to cope back there, we lost games by dragging Korey Smith out of the midfield to play there and there was no guarantee that Pisano was going to make it back firing on all cylinders, so why didn’t we strengthen? Why?

Why did we drop a young lad from our academy who put in a MOM performance and has done really well since coming in and who can only get better? Why?

Why when Lee Johnson went on TV openly discussing our “high press” game and subsequently being found out is unable to change to plan B, plan C or plan D for that matter? Why?

Why go to Cardiff and abandon any sort of game in an attempt to just match their dirty tactics? Why?

Why run down the clock with tika taka football, sometimes dangerously surrendering possession, whilst struggling to get behind defences and registering few shots on target? Why? Possession doesn’t win games, goals win games.

Why the constant Long throws? 

Why the same old “Hit Flint at the back stick” free kicks?

Why drop the only playmakers for inexperienced youngsters? Why?

Why have a young winger on the bench who we paid nearly 2 Million for and never play sit there watching another loaned youngster fail week in week out to deliver anything yet remain benched? 

Why did we never give Engvall a chance?

Why are there no leaders on the pitch when we do so much homework on the DNA side?

Why some of the worst performances ever seen after some of the best? Burton, Barnsley and now Brentford?

Why aren’t the players busting a gut for the playoffs? This isn’t just fans criticism, this is experienced professionals and commentators whose comments on Monday were as embarrassing as the performance we were subjected to?

Why after all of this do the fans get told to shut up and cheer wildly as the players just go through the motions regardless without any fight? Why?

People who criticise do care. Let’s get that straight.

Why is it when players earn more in a couple of weeks that most people earn in a year and then serve up the shite we were delivered on Monday with fans having spent not a small amount of money on a Bank Holiday are we expected to “show a bit of love”? Do me a favour.

I might just do a shit job myself tomorrow and when my boss angrily calls me in to give me a warning I will tell him that I just need to “feel some love”....let’s see how we get on with that one shall we? Perhaps he will send me to Dubai for a few days?

Need to toughen up City, need to roll the sleeves up and dig in. Just 6 games to go and every single one of them is a cup final.

Give the fans a reason to cheer and then those boos will soon disappear.

quality cheese and well thought out

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 22:19, RedNight said:

I've seen quite a few posters post in disbelief at how quickly fans have turned. 

The problem is, these people hammering Johnson (and I don't mean the ones who are frustrated at form), the ones calling him a clueless clown and questioning his position, are the ones who ferociously went for his kneck last year, with personal attacks. 

And no matter how good Johnson does now, that will always leave a sour taste in their mouths. 

Im sure others can sense smugness in post, that can finally go back to thrashing Johnsons tactics, team selections, substitutions. People are literally buzzing off it! 

These people judgments are so clouded, because of their hate towards Johnson, that they have no perspective. They simply don't recognise how we have progressed and what a damn good season we've had. 

They just saw four months ago we were 2nd, now we're 7th, and that Johnson has supposedly ****** it, without considering all the other variables thst have probably contributed to our turn in form. 

Ofcourse no one will admit to having a sour taste in their mouths regarding last year and being proved wrong. But it's true. 

Lookijg forward to all the rubbish reactions to this, probably those with an agenda against Johnson. 

Anyway, 6 games to go, 1 point off six, fully in the hunt. I'll be backing the club and all those involved till the final day ! You reds! 

surely you can see it's not normal to go from boom to bust so spectacularly 3 times in such a short managerial career, of course people are going to question why it has happened again, we don't want Johnson to fail, I firmly believe 99% of people on this forum wish with all their heart he succeeds, we are just justifiably disappointed that  once again it seems like the wheels have fallen off after another good start to a season.  

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 00:40, hodge said:

To be honest I feel it goes further with a lot, seems a lot of the people who don't like Johnson as a manager also didn't like him as a player and still hold that against him. Last season and now once or twice in our recent run I've seen people include something along the lines of 'hopeless as a player and a manager'. What does Lee's career as a player have to do with his ability as a manager, seems people use it as something extra in an attempt to make their point valid instead making themselves out to be a right whopper. 

Spot on...and he wasn't that bad as a player either.

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 00:53, Dr Balls said:

What worries me about Johnson as a manager is that despite talking the talk, every season he has had a fairly long calamitous run of results, for which he appears to have no understanding or solution, until seemingly fluking a turnaround. Yes the margins in football can be tight, but good managers don't keep having these runs year after year. And until they stop, he & we won't be truly successful.

So the bad results are down to his ability as a manager but the good results are a fluke??

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Like the team and the wider club structure in general, Lee Johnson is a manager in the making. A man who is learning his trade. A man with many admirable qualities, but some weaknesses too.

Why I feel comfortable with him at the helm, despite some huge clangers dropped recently, is he is - in my estimation - an intelligent guy who will learn from his mistakes.

He won't be stuck at one level. This is a manager who will improve, and address the areas where he's weak.

He will learn from his mistakes by repeating them .

He talks a fantastic game and by this alone he should be managing Barcelona.

I like listening to him and appreciate the modern approach he has to player management and coaching.

So , why oh why , do I continue to have these niggling doubts ? 

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’d be interested  Which / first game did you think ‘Blimey what’s happening here’ 

Certainly not Sunderland or Leeds mate - now they were something that I'd write off as bad luck and season swings and roundabouts, plenty of endeavour in us. 

Cardiff was a worry as anyone who saw it will tell you, but again I was glass half full and put it down to the way they kill off any football. Preston the same really.

We didn't play at all well at Deepdale but again hard to judge the team/tactics when Preston are spoiling the match. So again I didn't believe anything was wrong.

So Burton was the one. You can say we were already in decline, and the pitch wasn't great, but clueless and first shot on goal in the 92nd minute? Blimey indeed!

To follow that up with Barnsley (no matter what LJ/anyone says about teams down the bottom fighting, they hadn't been, their own fans were sure they wouldn't).

We made them Barcelona. And then Brentford, I don't think there's been a more one-sided game at AG for many years. So my blimey moment is Burton onwards. 

As I said, it's exactly because these games have been (in my opinion) much much worse even than our bad luck / bad form in Jan/Feb, that I'm now very alarmed.

This isn't swings and roundabouts, this isn't the natural balance of our season, this isn't, dare I say it, a team that has made progress. This is complete regression.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I like listening to him and appreciate the modern approach he has to player management and coaching.

They all talk a fantastic game, to be fair.

They are all ex-players and have developed their own ideas on how the game should be played. Whether they are right of course is another question... 

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

So the bad results are down to his ability as a manager but the good results are a fluke??

Did I say that? What I suggested is that at times he seems to stumble across a winning formula, either by having tried a number of other options that most would suggest wouldn't work, and finally finding one that does, like last season, or by necessity he has to pick a certain team that clicks as per November/December this season.

I would describe the last 3 games, and especially Brentford, as experiments to turn things around that really didn't work. It's more as if he struggles to pinpoint the problems, so then has to guess at potential solutions.

All that said, he has done wonders with Bobby Reid, brought on Brownhill & O'Dowda, plus successfully introduced Lloyd Kelly so he can certainly coach and can do a Plan A. What worries me is the lack of cogent Plans B, C, and D, if Plan A isn't working. And that may be the reason why the players have also lost some form as they don't quite know what to do differently, and this has become an inexorable spiral of worsening form & performances, interspersed by the occasional blip (one half here or there) of playing reasonably well.

The reason?

As a ST holder and I have no axe to grind with LJ, MA or SL. Having watched us Home and away this season the last few months has caused a build up of frustration I believe not just for me personally but a lot of others with Saturday being the straw that broke the camels back.

Having been in the top 6 for most of the season the majority of us believed we could at least reach the play offs and those hopes have been eroded recently.

Are the players tired, have the tactics changed, are players out of form, is there discontent in the squad?

Who knows but the biggest disappointment is what appears to be a lack of team spirit and effort which carried us on such a great run of form in the first half of the season and into the league cup semi final

If and it’s a big if we get in the play offs then I hope we can revert back to the personnel and style of play that got us into the top two and played scintillating football and give us back the hope we had before Christmas

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I’m a bit like that too.  I feel bad sometimes for my doubts / criticism, and I think some of it is because we like the spiel when we are winning, it all seems logical.  But when we are losing the spiel seems illogical or bull.  Perhaps it’s our own fickleness? 

I want him to succeed, I think he will continue to improve us.  I’ll still critique things though.  I sense he is someone who reflects, but football is a results business based on the 90 minutes on the pitch.  It is also what we fans judge him on too.  I’d love to spend a week just watching what happens at the club, the decision making processes etc.  I’d be amazed if it wasn’t detailed and structured.

@BobBobSuperBob and @Olé we weren’t that great 1st half v Sunderland imho....we had a spell of 10-15 minutes where we got the second and third goals, but otherwise we were pretty ordinary.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m a bit like that too.  I feel bad sometimes for my doubts / criticism, and I think some of it is because we like the spiel when we are winning, it all seems logical.  But when we are losing the spiel seems illogical or bull.  Perhaps it’s our own fickleness? 

I want him to succeed, I think he will continue to improve us.  I’ll still critique things though.  I sense he is someone who reflects, but football is a results business based on the 90 minutes on the pitch.  It is also what we fans judge him on too.  I’d love to spend a week just watching what happens at the club, the decision making processes etc.  I’d be amazed if it wasn’t detailed and structured.

@BobBobSuperBob and @Olé we weren’t that great 1st half v Sunderland imho....we had a spell of 10-15 minutes where we got the second and third goals, but otherwise we were pretty ordinary.

Totally agree Dave 

We were unconvincing in our overall play , although the score line didn’t reflect that , unconvincing as IMHO we were against Reading, QPR , Ipswich all of which we Tbf showed some spirit in and snatched the points , and Norwich when we’ didn’t 

Archived