IGNORED

Record Number of Season Tickets Sold!

CyderInACan

10 hours ago, Super said:

So a lot of people had a change of heart then.....................

Or maybe it's just highlighting again that the average levels of miserable soddishness amongst City fans generally is a lot lower than it is on here. 

I cant believe how desperate some people are to create a bad news story out of this, and to look for reasons and ways to prove that the club are really not doing as well as you might think. FFS we're supposed to support them, and to want success??

The fact is we've sold more seats than ever before at the end of the restrcted sales stage. Isn't that good news? And a fantastic proportion are youngsters. Isn't that good new? What happens from now on is pure speculation, but, hey, let's not stop that from having a grumble and knocking the club.

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

To devil's advocate the underlying point, given what exceptionally happened in December and the real drive and massive uptake in half-season tickets, do we really believe that there is a large of class of people out there who would buy a season ticket but didn't have one as at March 2018?  

Not until we are in the next tier in my opinion.

I'm ready and waiting to be proven wrong, but I seiously doubt there are going thousands added to this number. I simply don't think they are out there. They won them in December and lost 11% in March.

Dunno mate. It's a fair point, but not everyone buys by March. And newbies arrive all the time. I have a first-time STH sitting to my right. He's been a city fan for decades, but only decide to invest in a season ticket last summer.

We'll have to see how the figure looks by August.  My gut feeling is that numbers will be very marginally down, but the "boycott" spoken of on here clearly hasn't got off the ground.

12 hours ago, Super said:

So a lot of people had a change of heart then.....................

Not so much a change of heart as a realism check. The realisation that Bristol Sport had set out their stall regarding tickets and pricing and would not be dissuaded. I admire those who stuck to their principles , but I’m a realist with regard to the economics of football and an Optomist that we one day get promoted and I want to be able to say I was there. 

Just to play out some facts.

On 26th April 2017, we had 11500 Season Card holders renewed.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/season-card-sales-reach-11-500/

So a few weeks left to go to equate to the same per-season sales period....and we’ve sold a similar amount.  I think we’ve got a decent core, dedicated group of ST holders.

Approx 1/3 of half season ticket buyers have renewed.  It’s fair to say a number of these were purchased to secure Cup tickets, but I expect BS wanted better renewal rates on these?

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just to play out some facts.

On 26th April 2017, we had 11500 Season Card holders renewed.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/season-card-sales-reach-11-500/

So a few weeks left to go to equate to the same per-season sales period....and we’ve sold a similar amount.  I think we’ve got a decent core, dedicated group of ST holders.

Approx 1/3 of half season ticket buyers have renewed.  It’s fair to say a number of these were purchased to secure Cup tickets, but I expect BS wanted better renewal rates on these?

What makes you think that getting a third of people who weren’t prepared to buy a season ticket at this stage last season, to do so this time around, isn’t very pleasing..? These are people proven (in general) to buy if & when things are looking good. 

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I wonder how many folks who have bought a reasonably priced kids` ticket previously in the knowledge it wouldn`t be used that often but they would have a free seat next to them didn`t renew those when the prices went up by as much as they did.

To be fair that is a valid question.

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I wonder how many folks who have bought a reasonably priced kids` ticket previously in the knowledge it wouldn`t be used that often but they would have a free seat next to them didn`t renew those when the prices went up by as much as they did.

2 minutes ago, NickJ said:

To be fair that is a valid question.

To be fair, that’s probably what the club are trying to reduce. 

Why renew if you don't even know next season's opponents?? Season tickets (sorry CARDS) should not be on sale in March.  I love theatre but would not book up in advance not knowing who or what was on stage.  It could be Shrewsbury or it could be Man City ... I would like to know first ... 

1 hour ago, Jarman said:

Why renew if you don't even know next season's opponents?? Season tickets (sorry CARDS) should not be on sale in March.  I love theatre but would not book up in advance not knowing who or what was on stage.  It could be Shrewsbury or it could be Man City ... I would like to know first ... 

Probably because our support for Bristol City isn't dependent on the league we're in?

7 hours ago, Jarman said:

Because I (& clearly 13,000 others) are happy to watch Bristol City, whoever we are playing. 

Anyway, Man City are old news. Been there, done that this season! Not played Shrewsbury in years though, so bring it on..! 

It’s nice to see the likes of Shrewsbury doing so well. When are Rovers going to come & play..?? 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Because I (& clearly 13,000 others) are happy to watch Bristol City, whoever we are playing. 

Anyway, Man City are old news. Been there, done that this season! Not played Shrewsbury in years though, so bring it on..! 

It’s nice to see the likes of Shrewsbury doing so well. When are Rovers going to come & play..?? 

The new Shrewsbury ground is nice, little, but nice.  That was Joe’s first away game.  It’s the kind of ground Rovers should aspire to.

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The new Shrewsbury ground is nice, little, but nice.  That was Joe’s first away game.  It’s the kind of ground Rovers should aspire to.

They need to stop dreaming of being one of these bigger clubs..! ;)

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

And in a nutshell, there is their whole issue.

Talk for years about building this ground or that one, whilst uniquely are the only club in the football league not to have even built a new stand in the last 50 years..

Meanwhile giants of the game like Rotherham & Shrewsbury get on & build modern stadia totally suitable for their status..

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

And in a nutshell, there is their whole issue.

Talk for years about building this ground or that one, whilst uniquely are the only club in the football league not to have even built a new stand in the last 50 years..

Meanwhile giants of the game like Rotherham & Shrewsbury get on & build modern stadia totally suitable for their status..

I think their temporary, tented “stand” is entirely reflective of their status..! 

15 hours ago, Jarman said:

I don't care who we play or what league we are in. As long as players give a 100% for the shirt I will be there.

16 hours ago, Jarman said:

Because we`re City fans. I`d renew whether we were in the Premier League or the Bananarama. Anyone who thinks `I won`t renew this year because I`ve seen City play QPR just too many times now but I might if we go up and I can watch us play Liverpool` needs to give their head a wobble IMO.

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Relegated from the Championship last season weren't they?

Or did you mean Doncaster? I'm assuming you don't mean Tranmere as they're down in non-league now.

Other than Forest Green I can't think of another Rovers, certainly not a relevant one anyway.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Relegated from the Championship last season weren't they?

Or did you mean Doncaster? I'm assuming you don't mean Tranmere as they're down in non-league now.

Other than Forest Green I can't think of another Rovers, certainly not a relevant one anyway.

What have Doncaster United got to do with it..?! 

Seems like a sensible strategy to me.

Wait and see....

...then if it’s Shrewsbury, you’ll pay more than you would do now.

...or if it’s Man City, you’ll pay more than you would do now.

The Shrews are my equal second favourite team. Lived there for ten years and spent many hours at the Gay Meadow when City weren't playing. The other one is Livingston as also lived there for a couple of years. 

Archived