IGNORED

Record Number of Season Tickets Sold!

CyderInACan

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/season-cards-now-on-general-sale/

eason card sales during the advanced sales period have already reached record numbers – and the general sale period has only just begun today!

A total of 12,680 supporters have already signed up for the 2018/19 campaign, which includes more than 1,100 half-season card holders upgrading.

The singing section has already sold out, with seats limited in the South Stand, although a number can be purchased in S24 (closest to the singing section).

A third of all season card holders are under the age of 25, as the club continues to build its core fanbase for the future – with the extended Family Area also proving popular.

Mark Ashton, the club’s chief executive, told bcfc.co.uk: “I’d like to thank every supporter who has purchased a season card for the new campaign.

“The support we’ve received this season has been tremendous – through the many ups and downs – and we remain in the mix with six games left to play.

“It’s great that we’re already seeing record numbers sign up during the advanced sales period and everyone at the club truly appreciates that support.”

Back in August, City kicked off the 2017/18 campaign with 12,900 season card holders, which rose as the season evolved, peaking at 16,000 after half-season card sales.

General sale begins at 10am online, or by phone to 0117 963 0600 from tomorrow (Thursday) at 10am. The advanced sales period deadline is Friday, April 13th at 5pm.

Prices for adults start from just £345 – the equivalent of £15 per game – while the hugely popular £50 Under-12 season card, including a free shirt, continues in the South Stand and extended Family Area.

A pay monthly scheme remains available, with the cost of a season card split over ten months (subject to a £25 admin fee). The first payment is due on May 1st.

I think this is a bit of spin. So we have 12600 odd renewed. How many does that leave who have decided not to renew? I have no idea of our current season ticket numbers but I thought it was well more than 12600. How many is the club expecting to shift in general sale?

2 minutes ago, Dredd said:

I think this is a bit of spin. So we have 12600 odd renewed. How many does that leave who have decided not to renew? I have no idea of our current season ticket numbers but I thought it was well more than 12600. How many is the club expecting to shift in general sale?

"Back in August, City kicked off the 2017/18 campaign with 12,900 season card holders, which rose as the season evolved, peaking at 16,000 after half-season card sales." answers your first question I guess.

Looks almost certain we'll kick-off the season with more ST holders than we did last August.

Can some clever clogs who can work the City ticketing website work out how many available seats are left in each stand and extrapolate any meaningful underlying trends in the (presumable) shift of fans to the cheaper seats? Asking for a friend.

8 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Is it wrong that I feel a little bit sad at this news? 

I feel a little sad. A chance to prove that as a fanbase we were united, and stand up against MA and the Lansdowns. Instead it is business as usual as the apathy that plagues this country shows its face again. No wonder the place is a glorified theatre.

8 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I feel a little sad. A chance to prove that as a fanbase we were united, and stand up against MA and the Lansdowns. Instead it is business as usual as the apathy that plagues this country shows its face again. No wonder the place is a glorified theatre.

I was interested in how it would pan out...but in reality I didn't think it would at all. Incredibly rare in the UK football, especially UK modern football.

Just now, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I'll admit to being part of the problem - I've renewed and paid up, albeit slightly heavy-heartedly. 

Quick bit of maths.

12,900 sold at KO last season. 16k. after half season ticket sales.

12,680 now, including 1,100 who have upgraded half season sales.

So 11,580 of last seasons' original ST buyers have renewed and 1,320 have not renewed.

Think that's right, pLus 1,100 half ST holders have upgraded and 2k have fallen away.

27 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/season-cards-now-on-general-sale/

eason card sales during the advanced sales period have already reached record numbers – and the general sale period has only just begun today!

A total of 12,680 supporters have already signed up for the 2018/19 campaign, which includes more than 1,100 half-season card holders upgrading.

The singing section has already sold out, with seats limited in the South Stand, although a number can be purchased in S24 (closest to the singing section).

A third of all season card holders are under the age of 25, as the club continues to build its core fanbase for the future – with the extended Family Area also proving popular.

Mark Ashton, the club’s chief executive, told bcfc.co.uk: “I’d like to thank every supporter who has purchased a season card for the new campaign.

“The support we’ve received this season has been tremendous – through the many ups and downs – and we remain in the mix with six games left to play.

“It’s great that we’re already seeing record numbers sign up during the advanced sales period and everyone at the club truly appreciates that support.”

Back in August, City kicked off the 2017/18 campaign with 12,900 season card holders, which rose as the season evolved, peaking at 16,000 after half-season card sales.

General sale begins at 10am online, or by phone to 0117 963 0600 from tomorrow (Thursday) at 10am. The advanced sales period deadline is Friday, April 13th at 5pm.

Prices for adults start from just £345 – the equivalent of £15 per game – while the hugely popular £50 Under-12 season card, including a free shirt, continues in the South Stand and extended Family Area.

A pay monthly scheme remains available, with the cost of a season card split over ten months (subject to a £25 admin fee). The first payment is due on May 1st.

An absolute load of old pony.

So the singing section sold out during the renewal period eh, Ashton?

So who was lucky enough to beat the queue to take the ticket @Harry decided not to renew.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hmm, I take it back a bit then- 1,320 ST not renewing is actually a shade over a 10% fall.

A 10% fall after statistically arguably the best season in a decade (weighted for League position, division we are in and the Cup run), is pretty interesting.

Would also be interesting to know what percentage of the 1300+ non renewals are adults and how many are child tickets.

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

An absolute load of old pony.

So the singing section sold out during the renewal period eh, Ashton?

So who was lucky enough to beat the queue to take the ticket @Harry decided not to renew.

Well let's hope he changed his mind and did renew, after all, we need as many passionate, committed fans as we can get.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

The headline here is that 11.39% of last season's original season ticket holder purchasers have not renewed.

Where does that stand amongst the club's season ticket sales 'records', Mr Ashton?

Its just stats and spin Kid. Figures like this can made to look like a positive or negative dependant on the agenda.

• Admin
28 minutes ago, Olé said:

Can some clever clogs who can work the City ticketing website work out how many available seats are left in each stand and extrapolate any meaningful underlying trends in the (presumable) shift of fans to the cheaper seats? Asking for a friend.

As requested @Olé was a good excuse for something to do during a teleconference 

Dolman Stand 2149 unsold

South Stand 410 unsold

Lower Lansdown 725 unsold

Upper Lansdown 320 unsold - though appears blocks W3,4,5, 6 have no sales in them

TOTAL 3604 unsold - before the corporate areas and the 4 blocks mentioned above

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The headline here is that 11.39% of last season's original season ticket holder purchasers have not renewed.

Where does that stand amongst the club's season ticket sales 'records', Mr Ashton?

Which is a big hole in the finances - losing 11% of any income is not good.

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You don't need luck when you've got 88.61% of the population behind you.

office.jpg

4 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Its just stats and spin Kid. Figures like this can made to look like a positive or negative dependant on the agenda.

Indeed, just offering some balance.

Some more balance would be that we ended the season with over 16,000 ST holders and the absolute goal should have been to retain as many as possible, if not BUILD on those numbers.

Instead, only just over 66% have renewed. 

The 'celebratory' nature of the article just nauses me off. 

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Dolman Stand 2149 unsold

Thanks - that sounds a lot higher than it has been. And would reflect the strategy to displace families from the Dolman (as well as it being the stand with the biggest disconnect between the increases in pricing and value for money - oldest part of the home sections, worst exit times, longest queues).

It wasn't likely that a huge % of the HALF ST holders would renew IMO. They came after our profile raised, after our Cup run- not all of them, but a lot of them.

They see this tail-off, this dropoff in form 'only' a respectable Championship side. Trust me, I work with quite a few people like that- I know. :thumbsup:

58 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Is it wrong that I feel a little bit sad at this news? 

No, not at all mate. It just shows that when push comes to shove, the majority of us will just bend over backwards and pay up. (I include myself in this) 

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He won't give a toss, as long as there are other people taking their place. I wonder how long it will be before we become like Cardiff? A shadow  of our former selves, playing in a sterile atmosphere with all the old die hards priced out and disillusioned... taken over by the Johnny come latelys attracted by a shiny stadium and a push for Premiership football. Call me cynical, but this is exactly what Ashton and the other suits want.

Sometimes I feel like packing it all in and supporting Keynsham Town or Bristol Manor Farm.

Archived