IGNORED

"Bristol City - their recruitment is very, very intelligent"

Jack Dawe

....so said some lad on talksport radio just now. A guest in the studio, not a ****ing idiot calling in, so therefore, he knows what he's talksporting about. And before that, he said Lee Johnson will manage in the Premier League with Bristol City, or with someone else.

So, there you have it. Stop yer ****ing moaning and take it from talksport: our recruitment is very, very intelligent. 

:blink:

And Lee Johnson is heading for the Prem.

Thanks, talkingSPORT radio. 

The recruitment strategy comes from a very intelligent man - Steve Lansdown and he's employed professional people to implement and develop it.

And to think I read a post on here recently from someone whose name I didn't recognise calling for the club to be taken over so that "we can push for the PL"

:facepalm:

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The recruitment strategy comes from a very intelligent man - Steve Lansdown and he's employed professional people to implement and develop it.

And to think I read a post on here recently from someone whose name I didn't recognise calling for the club to be taken over so that "we can push for the PL"

:facepalm:

Steve Lansdown should call himself financer and not advisor. He should appoint people with documented knowledge of football.

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Our ambition is to sign young upcoming ambitious players. Why is that very, very intelligent?

It's intelligent if they're the ambitious players who DO want to get promoted. 

Not so much if they're the ambitious players who DON'T want to......

8 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

What does Steve Lansdown now about football?

Not much more than Peter Hargreaves.  

That's why he employed MA - a former professional player and a very experienced COE with years of working in the football industry.

Not heard the full clip, or the context- but I can see where the person who said it is coming from in SOME respects.

• Have we got a squad with a good age range? Yes.
  • Are we signing lots of 'proven' yet expensive with no guarantees players? No.
  • Can a squad with our age range, grow together and gain cohesion, chemistry if it sticks together? 100% yes!
  • Do some players who don't work out have resale- or at least some retention of value, even if not all of it? Yes they do!

Compared to our last 3-4 years in the Championship until the inevitable relegation under McInnes/O'Driscoll, it's a dream our recruitment- so yeah in CERTAIN ways it is intelligent indeed. Not perfect, but then what is?

Excluding loanees- be they in or out, and indeed goalies and academy players- e.g. Bryan, Kelly, Reid- I can say our squad in terms of signings has a good profile even taking them out of the equation.

• 18-24- 6 players (Brownhill,  O'Dowda, Walsh, Eliasson, , Bakinson and Hinds).
  • 25-28- 10 players (Flint, Baker, Wright, Smith, Diedhiou, Taylor, Paterson, Pack, Djuric and Magnússon)
  • 29-31-  2 players (Hegeler and Pisano)
  • 32 and upwards- 1 player- O'Neil

That's a fantastic age profile for a squad, for signings. 100% it is- in some respects, we have recruited superbly. It is often said these days players- outfield players this is- don't peak until late 20's. So, based on that alone we have a relatively inexperienced squad with great capacity for growth and crucially growing and gelling together, as a unit.

14 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

What does Steve Lansdown now about football?

Not much more than Peter Hargreaves.  

Didn't he write the Mr Men books? Mr 20 goals a season, Mr Versatile, Mr Hardman, Mr Creative Midfielder, Mr Tattoo, Mr Clean Sheet.....or was that Roger Hargreaves?

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not heard the full clip, or the context- but I can see where the person who said it is coming from in SOME respects.

• Have we got a squad with a good age range? Yes.
  • Are we signing lots of 'proven' yet expensive with no guarantees players? No.
  • Can a squad with our age range, grow together and gain cohesion, chemistry if it sticks together? 100% yes!
  • Do some players who don't work out have resale- or at least some retention of value, even if not all of it? Yes they do!

Compared to our last 3-4 years in the Championship until the inevitable relegation under McInnes/O'Driscoll, it's a dream our recruitment- so yeah in CERTAIN ways it is intelligent indeed. Not perfect, but then what is?

Excluding loanees- be they in or out, and indeed goalies and academy players- e.g. Bryan, Kelly, Reid- I can say our squad in terms of signings has a good profile even taking them out of the equation.

• 18-24- 6 players (Brownhill,  O'Dowda, Walsh, Eliasson, , Bakinson and Hinds).
  • 25-28- 10 players (Flint, Baker, Wright, Smith, Diedhiou, Taylor, Paterson, Pack, Djuric and Magnússon)
  • 29-31-  2 players (Hegeler and Pisano)
  • 32 and upwards- 1 player- O'Neil

That's a fantastic age profile for a squad, for signings. 100% it is- in some respects, we have recruited superbly. It is often said these days players- outfield players this is- don't peak until late 20's. So, based on that alone we have a relatively inexperienced squad with great capacity for growth and crucially growing and gelling together, as a unit.

You should know better then to talk sense on here :punish:

Archived