IGNORED

Too Cushy

RT's Vaseline Tub

I’m at The Den now and it’s all too easy.

Only Korey & Bobby trying.

They know it’s an easy gig as LJ will never be sacked due to his relationship with the Board.

i used to think that was a good thing as it bought stability but I now realise it’s a very cosy comfort zone here at the Club we all love - the culture has to change...

it wont until those at the top are changed and I doubt if I`ll live that long.

We go where they take us, they have the seats mostly filled for next season, job done until April next year. round and round we go.

I support LJ and WANT him to start as our manager next year BUT if we have another season where we inexplicably slip down the table and can’t seem to buy a win I will be calling for his head.

Not going anywhere when we cannot maintain form and he cannot seem to stop the rot.

1 minute ago, Neo said:

I support LJ and WANT him to start as our manager next year BUT if we have another season where we inexplicably slip down the table and can’t seem to buy a win I will be calling for his head.

Not going anywhere when we cannot maintain form and he cannot seem to stop the rot.

If we carry on with this form next August, we'll be down by Christmas! 

The positive in all this is the free ride for both Johnson and Ashton is gone now. All the goodwill generated up to Xmas from fans who were previously unsure or positive Johnson was the wrong man has now evaporated as he seems to be proving people who wanted to be wrong that they were actually right all along!!

So the next transfer window is the most important one we have had for years. Get this one wrong and suffer a bad start next season and the bullshit won’t wash any more. This notion that you can pick and choose when to mount a promotion challenge is just that, total bullshit. Interesting times ahead.

13 minutes ago, RT's Vaseline Tub said:

They know it’s an easy gig as LJ will never be sacked due to his relationship with the Board.

i used to think that was a good thing as it bought stability but I now realise it’s a very cosy comfort zone here at the Club we all love - the culture has to change...

Why does this “he’ll never be sacked” thing persist. Such a myth. It is on record that he was very close to being sacked last season. If we had declined further this season he would almost certainly have gone.

8 minutes ago, RT's Vaseline Tub said:

I used to think that was a good thing as it bought stability but I now realise it’s a very cosy comfort zone here at the Club we all love - the culture has to change...

Indeed the culture does need to change and that's why SL appointed LJ with licence to create his own backroom staff and appointed MA to oversee the club, 

Its not about one result or even one season. It's about creating stability over the long term.

Looks like City are going to lose today and slip further away from the pray offs but that won't be the end of the world. It's still been a good season.

City will be back next season and in a much stronger position for the experience of another season becoming established in the Championship.

Expect I'll get torn to shreds here but what has LJ actually done today? He's chucked two strikers on and gone hit and hope.

Is that management? Couldn't any of us have done that? It's aimless. Sort it out Johnson for ***** sake, there HAS to be a plan B that isn't just go long. ******* pathetic.

27 minutes ago, Neo said:

Thing is if you want to see City in the premier league Johnson will never get us there.not next year or any other.

Will be interesting to see how many years it will take for SL to 'smell the coffee!

19 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Expect I'll get torn to shreds here but what has LJ actually done today? He's chucked two strikers on and gone hit and hope.

Is that management? Couldn't any of us have done that? It's aimless. Sort it out Johnson for ***** sake, there HAS to be a plan B that isn't just go long. ******* pathetic.

Hit and hope? Well that's not lj philosophy is it??? Wait he tells us this and then signs diedhiou and djuric 

1 minute ago, Londoner said:

Hit and hope? Well that's not lj philosophy is it??? Wait he tells us this and then signs diedhiou and djuric 

It is becoming clearer by the minute that there is no plan any more. We've been found out and LJ has no idea what to do to get winning again.

Yet again no plan b .all us who said lj was not good enuf have been proved right.a cup run o fukin great .johnson out all you blind ***** must see now.or you still want an average little man with no expierence running the club.lj and sl stuck so far up each others asses it wont change well **** this go back to watching park football even they have plan b and c 

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Indeed the culture does need to change and that's why SL appointed LJ with licence to create his own backroom staff and appointed MA to oversee the club, 

Its not about one result or even one season. It's about creating stability over the long term.

Looks like City are going to lose today and slip further away from the pray offs but that won't be the end of the world. It's still been a good season.

City will be back next season and in a much stronger position for the experience of another season becoming established in the Championship.

A good season??.make that a half...don't be so certain we will be the stronger for ******* up a great chance.... Why would you think for a moment we will have an even better opportunity next year than the one currently being pissed away.??..

41 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The positive in all this is the free ride for both Johnson and Ashton is gone now. All the goodwill generated up to Xmas from fans who were previously unsure or positive Johnson was the wrong man has now evaporated as he seems to be proving people who wanted to be wrong that they were actually right all along!!

So the next transfer window is the most important one we have had for years. Get this one wrong and suffer a bad start next season and the bullshit won’t wash any more. This notion that you can pick and choose when to mount a promotion challenge is just that, total bullshit. Interesting times ahead.

Don't believe it . They are both untouchable.

A good season pissing away a really strong position .open your eyes you muppett .lj has proven history that the teams eg barnsley go through shit runs .fukoff johnson stop signing shit.diony woodrow.eliasson .walsh .kent.its a joke the bloke knows hes safe so wont change.manual manipulator

1 hour ago, RT's Vaseline Tub said:

For most of my 54 years following City the club has been a cosy place. This is nothing new. It may change for short periods but the culture always returns.

I don't get into the rage some fans do precisely because I know this to be the case.

16 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

A good season??.make that a half...don't be so certain we will be the stronger for ******* up a great chance.... Why would you think for a moment we will have an even better opportunity next year than the one currently being pissed away.??..

It's been a good season for two reasons. 1) the very impressive EFL cup run, beating PL clubs along the way before losing by a late goal in both legs against the eventual winners. The cup run hugely raised our profile across the nation.

2) Compared to where the club was just a year ago the club has experienced a significant improvement in the Championship table flirting in and around the top six for much of the campaign., despite a crippling and lengthy injury list, most of which were long term injuries.. How many goals would Famara have scored if he'd been fit all season?    :dunno:

Even now after today's loss City are 8th. Most of us would have more than settled for that a year ago. It's another season of gradual improvement and yet you still see plenty of critical comments about LJ, that he doesn't know what he's doing, that his  transfers are shite, that his tactical nouse is lacking, blah de blah..............:facepalm:

Sure, it's disappointing that City have gradually faded but maybe the exertions  of the EFL cup  run has finally caught up - who knows? 

Get over the fact that City have slipped over recent games and look at the whole season rather than just half of it.

It's all too cosy & comfortable! 

No need to do better because in the long term, failing this season is acceptable. That is the upshot of what Mark Ashton said.

And the players know this too. The best ones could well be elsewhere by August, and the rest know that LJ is safe, so if they don't like what's going on, they are in no position to change it, other than not bother. And they will still get paid. It's only us fans who get stiffed!

We are trying to emulate the "Southampton Way" but it's no guarantee of success. And it needs the right man in charge, which is in more doubt now than it has been for nearly 12 months. We need success first today then you can build and develop for tomorrow. Constantly building for the future is a mirage designed to distract from current failings & failure. 

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Is this the third window??

Robberd u talk out your ass .how many more goals would of famara scored if not injured well how many more would of he scored if he was any good.reid up top one worked for us then ******** le changed it.explain to me the crap hes got in.diony .woodrow.engvall.elliason.walsh.kent......why cos he aint played them or give them a chance .diony must be the worst signing in our history.aint seen much of him but wat we have he looks crap.and lj must think the same cos he aint got a look in.my player of the season fielding hes saved our ass so many times.lj tinkering that much to try get a result its a joke.keep a settled side .reid since famara has come back is not a threat.get rid this frecnch foriegn crap and pay proper money for propee players

21 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Means nothing, thats in the past, it's the now that counts.

The form is a concern, although it's possible to make a case to explain why it's happened. Regardless, as I've said in another thread, I hope he can learn from this run as he did from last year. I certainly think he's earned the right to be given the chance.

Archived