IGNORED

Too Cushy

RT's Vaseline Tub

18 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

The form is a concern, although it's possible to make a case to explain why it's happened. Regardless, as I've said in another thread, I hope he can learn from this run as he did from last year. I certainly think he's earned the right to be given the chance.

Which is Stevey ?

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

City will be back next season and in a much stronger position for the experience of another season becoming established in the Championship.

That is the worry for me.  What do you define as stronger position?  What if this squad peaked in December, and are now on the decline?  That’s my worry, especially if we lose a few....because our recruitment is mixed (i’m Being generous).  A World Cup summer is not a good summer to recruit, because the ‘chain reaction’ starts late, and becomes panicked....not withstanding the new deadline.

Our recruitment needs to be spot on, and any outgoings need to be timed to allow us time to bring in replacements (should we need to).

(Having said this, who thinks that City might win on Tuesday and Boro and Millwall drop points, and then we’ll be put through the ringer again against Boro at The Riverside).

57 minutes ago, Vil1 said:

Robberd u talk out your ass .how many more goals would of famara scored if not injured well how many more would of he scored if he was any good.reid up top one worked for us then ******** le changed it.explain to me the crap hes got in.diony .woodrow.engvall.elliason.walsh.kent......why cos he aint played them or give them a chance .diony must be the worst signing in our history.aint seen much of him but wat we have he looks crap.and lj must think the same cos he aint got a look in.my player of the season fielding hes saved our ass so many times.lj tinkering that much to try get a result its a joke.keep a settled side .reid since famara has come back is not a threat.get rid this frecnch foriegn crap and pay proper money for propee players

You've said he's got no plan b. But also that he tinkers too much. I'm confused.

Perhaps now the Rugby seasons been decided and Bristol got their promotion SL might just realise what his clueless one trick pony has thrown away. 2nd at the end of the year, which we deserved even if it was surprising. 

Out of his depth now and swimming against the tide, please don’t throw him another life-line

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That is the worry for me.  What do you define as stronger position?  What if this squad peaked in December, and are now on the decline?  That’s my worry, especially if we lose a few....because our recruitment is mixed (i’m Being generous).  A World Cup summer is not a good summer to recruit, because the ‘chain reaction’ starts late, and becomes panicked....not withstanding the new deadline.

Our recruitment needs to be spot on, and any outgoings need to be timed to allow us time to bring in replacements (should we need to).

(Having said this, who thinks that City might win on Tuesday and Boro and Millwall drop points, and then we’ll be put through the ringer again against Boro at The Riverside).

Dave at the moment I would be worried about us facing the Gas (yes we are that bad) let alone a Birmingham team desperate for points and likely to be positive after coming back against fellow strugglers Burton. They will be targeting Tuesday as a win given our sorry state right now, and I wouldn't bet against them repeating last season's end of season performance & doing the double over us.

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

Dave at the moment I would be worried about us facing the Gas (yes we are that bad) let alone a Birmingham team desperate for points and likely to be positive after coming back against fellow strugglers Burton. They will be targeting Tuesday as a win given our sorry state right now, and I wouldn't bet against them repeating last season's end of season performance & doing the double over us.

You’re right....I was trying to cheer myself up :P

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Expect I'll get torn to shreds here but what has LJ actually done today? He's chucked two strikers on and gone hit and hope.

Is that management? Couldn't any of us have done that? It's aimless. Sort it out Johnson for ***** sake, there HAS to be a plan B that isn't just go long. ******* pathetic.

I don't think he even has a Plan A, yet alone the ability to formulate Plan B.

3 hours ago, RT's Vaseline Tub said:

I’m at The Den now and it’s all too easy.

Only Korey & Bobby trying.

They know it’s an easy gig as LJ will never be sacked due to his relationship with the Board.

i used to think that was a good thing as it bought stability but I now realise it’s a very cosy comfort zone here at the Club we all love - the culture has to change...

Bristol City. Easy club to manage. Easy club to own. Easy club to play for. Tough club as fan. 

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I have great faith in both LJ and MA to manage the summer  transfer window very efficiently. They've both said, independently of each other that the club plans for two or even three windows ahead.

Should the likes of Flint, Bryan, Reid or any first team regulars move on then Im confident that MA will negotiate the best possible financial deal for the club. The selling club hold all the cards. 

Should it happen then the incoming revenue can be reinvested back into the squad and no doubt that LJ will have a decent war chest to fill his shopping list.

Lets not forget that players come and go every season. This time last year fans were flapping because Tammy was going but this season has showed just how pointless flapping about players moving on is. City didn't miss him at all nor did we miss Kodjia  the season before last.

And you're right - although it's tougher after today's loss City are still not mathematically out of the pray offs yet.

That said, it's very like City will be the Championship again next season but with a stronger and more experienced squad and of course a more experienced head coach.

Theres also the possibility that some of the loan players, Vyner for example could have progressed enough to be pushing for a first team place. 

Im genuinely not apprehensive about next season at all.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I have great faith in both LJ and MA to manage the summer  transfer window very efficiently. They've both said, independently of each other that the club plans for two or even three windows ahead.

Should the likes of Flint, Bryan, Reid or any first team regulars move on then Im confident that MA will negotiate the best possible financial deal for the club. The selling club hold all the cards. 

Should it happen then the incoming revenue can be reinvested back into the squad and no doubt that LJ will have a decent war chest to fill his shopping list.

Lets not forget that players come and go every season. This time last year fans were flapping because Tammy was going but this season has showed just how pointless flapping about players moving on is. City didn't miss him at all nor did we miss Kodjia  the season before last.

And you're right - although it's tougher after today's loss City are still not mathematically out of the pray offs yet.

That said, it's very like City will be the Championship again next season but with a stronger and more experienced squad and of course a more experienced head coach.

Theres also the possibility that some of the loan players, Vyner for example could have progressed enough to be pushing for a first team place. 

I admire your optimism however misplaced

Don't be too disappointed when reality strikes next season

I remain deeply pessimistic because I have seen it all before and before and before and .........

56 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Which is Stevey ?

Style of play (pressing / high energy), cup run and injuries (as much having to play key players more than they should, as missing other players). All = running out of steam at this end of the season.

The uncertainty is how much of an issue this has been, given LJ's career seems to have had more win / lose streaks than Stuart Broad's bowling career.........But as I've said he deserves the chance to turn it round given the overall improvement we've made.

3 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Style of play (pressing / high energy), cup run and injuries (as much having to play key players more than they should, as missing other players). All = running out of steam at this end of the season.

The uncertainty is how much of an issue this has been, given LJ's career seems to have had more win / lose streaks than Stuart Broad's bowling career.........But as I've said he deserves the chance to turn it round given the overall improvement we've made.

Thanks for replying

Can you answer wh6 he has selected sides that can’t press / high energy and changed the whole method of play ?

(Not a dig - or being sarcastic - Because I don’t )

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I hope you’re right.  

Re the bit in bold, looking at our finances, circa £3.5m loss that would’ve been £12m loss without Kodjia, Bolassie, Adomah, etc being sold / add-ons....my gut feel is that although SL said we didnt need to sell in January, I think we need to generate transfer money this summer to provide the baseline for the summer window.  I think it might’ve been a January sell, had we not generated £3-5m from the cup run.  We haven;t made any transfer profit this season, only Tomlin going out the door.

I think self-sustaining is right, but with increased salaries for the likes of Flint, and any new contracts (Bobby), that places demands on us selling a biggie every summer.  Only some of that will be re-invested imho.  It’s a bit stark I admit, and I might be wrong.

That is why I think next season is gonna be tougher.

Still 15 points to play for though.  

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thanks for replying

Can you answer wh6 he has selected sides that can’t press / high energy and changed the whole method of play ?

(Not a dig - or being sarcastic - Because I don’t )

No worries. I'm not sure to be perfectly honest. The chopping and changing is concerning as that's what happened last year, and had similar results. That said I guess it's a bit of a lose lose thing - stick with an underperforming team and get slagged off for not changing it, or change it and see the above. All I do know is that he turned it round once so i don't think changing him is the answer, or at least it seems too drastic.

Or to put it another way, it's not 'in LJ we trust' but more 'in LJ we hope'.

29 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I remain deeply pessimistic because I have seen it all before and before and before and .........

I appreciate you've been attending AG far longer than me but in the 50+ seasons I've been attending I've never felt the level of optimism that I currently have. I really feel that the club is going places now with the right professional people in place.

Just now, Robbored said:

I appreciate you've been attending AG far longer than me but in the 50+ seasons I've been attending I've never felt the level of optimism that I currently have. I really feel that the club is going places now with the right professional people in place.

Hope you are right, that would be brilliant to see City back at the top level before my final substitution

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just because they keep telling you there the right people does not mean they are.Lansdown jnr has a degree in tourism,Mr arathon was a pub landlord in lockleaze and Mr Ashton had his contract terminated at watford (dream team)

8 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Just because they keep telling you there the right people does not mean they are.Lansdown jnr has a degree in tourism,Mr arathon was a pub landlord in lockleaze and Mr Ashton had his contract terminated at watford (dream team)

So that makes them crap does it? 

My optimism isn't based on blah, blah spin, it's based on the evidence that I've witnessed with my own eyes. 

Yes it does ,but then again it fits into the round pegs into square holes you like so much.I have not been down the gate for about 14months after seeing what a cosy club it is behind the scenes.Anybody who wants Johnson gone believe me will have a very long wait

The amount of 50/50's and loose balls today that ended up being won by a Millwall player was staggering. You could just tell on the majority of them that had it been Ander Herrera or Paul Pogba on the other end of the tackle, it would've been won by a City player. But evidently fighting for a play off spot in a crunch match isn't enough to get our lot up for a game. Lack of willingness and effort from most today.

Archived