IGNORED

All you Johnson lovers

Alan Dicks

1 hour ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

I've based this on the assumption that every supporter of every team wants that team to be successful. Although automatic promotion is the ultimate prize in the championship going to the play offs is the next best.

Are you not disappointed that it looks like we aren't going to the playoffs?

I think the comment was on this statement: ‘Like everybody I am disappointed that we aren't going to the play offs’ when there are 5 games to go.

6 hours ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

I've based this on the assumption that every supporter of every team wants that team to be successful. Although automatic promotion is the ultimate prize in the championship going to the play offs is the next best.

Are you not disappointed that it looks like we aren't going to the playoffs?

You actually said " Like everybody I am disappointed that we aren't going to the play offs"

On 4/8/2018 at 04:43, Swede said:

Get a grip and start to look at the players who are letting him down.

His approach hasn't changed, he's trying to find the right combinations or formula to get us back on track. Nothing wrong with that.

He took the brunt of abuse when things wern't going right as a player because his father was the manager and that same abuse probably from the same fans comes to the surface when things aren't going to plan now with the frankly derogatory "little Lee" or "junior" comments.

With all of the progress made on and off the pitch do you honestly see the club getting rid of the whole coaching strategy and structure from the first team downwards in favour of a multi million pound Nigel Pearson or Alan Pardew magician? 

This bloke, ( and he is a bloke who like us all will make mistakes, shock horror!) is also a fan and like us all, wants us to be winning every match and hurts just as much when we don't.

I don't like the current run we are on but that is football, nothing is perfect all of the time.

Putting it into perspective,

are we making progress? Yes

Have we had a good season? Yes

Did we peak too soon? The answer has to be yes. 

Do we have a bright young English coach? Yes.

The football brand we are playing (before the dip) or aspiring to was brilliant and it can be again.

Be careful what you wish for as the grass is not greener.

Tell Cardiff that!

l’m good with spinning positives. As a lot of what you say has resonance. But we have royally ballsed this up and the manager carries that can despite the mitigation of players letting him down. 

Are you going to say who you think has let him down or is it more of a team failure?

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

You actually said " Like everybody I am disappointed that we aren't going to the play offs"

Your right I did, maybe jumping the gun but like someone else commented we live in hope.

Apologies I thought you were questioning if everybody was disappointed we "may" not make the playoffs.

2 hours ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

Your right I did, maybe jumping the gun but like someone else commented we live in hope.

Apologies I thought you were questioning if everybody was disappointed we "may" not make the playoffs.

Never give up hope until all hope is gone.

Always Believe 

17 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Tell Cardiff that!

l’m good with spinning positives. As a lot of what you say has resonance. But we have royally ballsed this up and the manager carries that can despite the mitigation of players letting him down. 

Are you going to say who you think has let him down or is it more of a team failure?

None of us are in the know but he is clearly disappointed with some players and maybe he is too close to others to admit it

I think we have overachieved this season BUT 3 wins in what 22 games even if we did overachieve the baron runs can’t keep happening every season I’m happy for him to stay next season but another bad run next season and then I want rid. All managers get sticky patches in a season but the last 2 seasons have been ridiculous 

On 07/04/2018 at 18:48, DT The Optimist said:

Not really over reaction, nature of the beast.  First half of the season it’s like he is the ‘messiah’. Since the Wolves game and collapse in second half of the season he is back to being a chump.  Who would be a manager a ? 

But yes. I just seen his interview on main site and very honest. It’s down to him and the staff to change it.  A good thread was created a while back where a poster put us as 17th on current from since Wolves game. Well now I reckon more likely 19 or 20. They the staff must know that, we know that, And I think until the summer we are stuffed.  As  a team the opponents have sussed us out, stop us doing what we did well, nullify us. Needs to change as this form if carried into next season would be shall we say challenging. 

Quite possibly my post as I put a screenshot of the form since January 1st.

However I was responding to a claim that we were in relegation form since that period.

While 17th isn't much better, it shows that actually it has been rather an overreaction on here, as the "relegation form" wasn't a standalone claim, but something multiple people were saying, despite being 100% untrue.

Archived