IGNORED

Should he stay or go

Topper 123

Scoffed at this but thinking seriously about it...

No, not this season. If the form we're in now continues, with a dire summer window and barely any shots on target each game, we'll be around the relegation places, and serious questions will have to be asked. If he can keep us in and around mid table he won't be going, and nor should he.

However, now is the time to put big questions marks over how good he actually is as a manager.

- Poor use of substitutions (seemed to be improving, but sticking the big men on and going long isn't management. It's a gamble. It's not an adequate plan B).

- Consistently out-thought tactically.

- Poor recruitment.

- Unable to shake off these bad runs when they start.

For me these are all reasons to be worried and while I don't want him out, I'd like to see all of them addressed pretty ******* sharpish.

Just now, Fuber said:

Is it the players fault we've had no shots on target the past two matches? Thats the truly shocking stat.

Well LJ can't take the shots for them can he. Yes tactics help create the chances but when they come along its down to the players to take

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

No, not this season. If the form we're in now continues, with a dire summer window and barely any shots on target each game, we'll be around the relegation places, and serious questions will have to be asked. If he can keep us in and around mid table he won't be going, and nor should he.

However, now is the time to put big questions marks over how good he actually is as a manager.

- Poor use of substitutions (seemed to be improving, but sticking the big men on and going long isn't management. It's a gamble. It's not an adequate plan B).

- Poor recruitment.

For me these are all reasons to be worried and while I don't want him out, I'd like to see all of them addressed pretty ******* sharpish.

But you are assuming that he is learning and will soon get it right. Three months and more of pathetic football in his last four seasons of management. He ain't never going to get it right. 

4 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

Go. I am sick of people saying we are better than last season - yes, we were terrible last season and he was our manager! So the arguement given for him staying is that he wasn't quite as bad this season as last? Oh joy. Still a long terrible run of form. Players have downed tools. Manager has lost the plot - lets put on two big guys with no one to cross the ball. Playing favourites no matter how bad they are. But SL will never have the courage to sack him as it would be admitting he was wrong. SL, you can still do the pillars thing, if you must,  just get a new manager. Please.

His so say favourite was dropped today 

brought Ellison on to provide crosses for 2 big guys as the small guy up front wasn’t working. At least he tried something different 

we are something like the 15th biggest club in the division yet we are in the top 10.  I don’t care where we were after 15 games 

Huddersfield were in the top 3 of the prem after 3 games , do you think their fans will be gutted if they finish 17th ?  No it’s zbout perspective 

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

But you are assuming that he is learning and will soon get it right. Three months and more of pathetic football in his last four seasons of management. He ain't never going to get it right. 

Which is why I said theres question marks over his ability. Ultimately it's a results business, and if he delivers a mid table finish next season, then he won't go, simple as that.

Just now, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

brought Ellison on to provide crosses for 2 big guys as the small guy up front wasn’t working. At least he tried something different 

we are something like the 15th biggest club in the division yet we are in the top 10.  I don’t care where we were after 15 games 

Huddersfield were in the top 3 of the prem after 3 games , do you think their fans will be gutted if they finish 17th ?  No it’s zbout perspective 

I obviously meant paterson because wright was on the bench. You know the player who has done nothing for four months? And LJ took 19mins before realising he had no one to cross to the big guys then brought Eliasson on, that forgotten player. What a sharp mind he must have. Tactical genius.

1 minute ago, Londoner said:

My absolute love and admiration for lj is starting to fade

For me personally, I’ve never really liked the bloke. Not sure why?

I guess he just comes across smarmy at times. That doesn’t mean I want him gone, just my opinion of him.

1 minute ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

We are a poor championship side. We have been a much better side. 

LJ can't provide a decent assessment of why it has changed. That's his job. 

He's clearly out of his depth when it comes to coping with difficulty and he can't adapt.  

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He won't be going anywhere. But next season I think if we go on a similar bad run then he will be under a lot more scrutiny. 

After last season he won’t be going anywhere unless he falls on his own sword - I think SL will continue to stick by his man regardless.  Have to get used to that I think. 

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

For me personally, I’ve never really liked the bloke. Not sure why?

I guess he just comes across smarmy at times. That doesn’t mean I want him gone, just my opinion of him.

Oh I like him. I just think he is an incredibly over rated manager who apart from one half a season has done little in his career to merit the reputation he has.

For me he will never be accepted by some bcfc fans. 

12 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

- Poor recruitment.

Good post and just about nailed it for me

If I was SL I’d be asking some searching questions constantly watching carefully and constantly assessing and reviewing in 10 game batches

7 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Compariso to Huddersfield, with them being in the premier league is akin to political spin that you don' even understand.

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good post and just about nailed it for me

If I was SL I’d be asking some searching questions constantly watching carefully and constantly assessing and reviewing in 10 game batches

Steve lansdown unfortunately is part of the problem, not part of the solution 

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

After last season he won’t be going anywhere unless he falls on his own sword - I think SL will continue to stick by his man regardless.  Have to get used to that I think. 

Well, budgets are only going north, so unless they get even more bums on seats at AG or sell players SL is going to have to dip into his pocket even further to maintain the status quo. 

Our recruitment is shocking and if it continues in the same vain his hobby will cost him a lot more with little hope of the promised land. 

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Well, budgets are only going north, so unless they get even more bums on seats at AG or sell players SL is going to have to dip into his pocket even further to maintain the status quo. 

Our recruitment is shocking and if it continues in the sake vain his hobby will cost him a lot more with little hope of the promised land. 

Quite agree Cotswold. I don’t agree with it but I just think that the stubbornness shown by SL last season means that he will never fire LJ regardless, unless we are a couple of matches from relegation.  Even then I wouldn’t be so sure......

Post Match

Thibks we are shot to bits

We need to ‘crack on’

Mumbled about their upper body strength

DH made a passionate speech

’Very difficult to pinpoint why’

Plenty of giggles :grr:

Sounds as baffled as everyone as us

:blink:

Shot to bits? We've had an international break. We should be fit and sharp. 

54 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

3 wins in last 22 SHOCKING no shots on target in last 2 , some of these super star players will not get a game in championship next season , they’ve proved their not good enough and have no fight , I think fans have put up with enough, raising your game against prem sides and then slacking off is not exceptable 

He should GO!! The guy is clueless. Ashton too. Club being run by two guys who should be at Oxford United. Shambles 

Post Match

Thibks we are shot to bits

We need to ‘crack on’

Mumbled about their upper body strength

DH made a passionate speech

’Very difficult to pinpoint why’

Plenty of giggles :grr:

Sounds as baffled as everyone as us

:blink:

Bloody hell. Really? Not good to hear, thought he had sorted out the after match analysis. But last week and this week seem like that’s maybe not the case. Be good if he just took some responsibility, think a lot more people would buy into him if he did. 

LJ will kick off next season without a doubt and I think he’s earned that right. Okay, after the great start we had and the incredible cup run (during which we all hailed him as some kind of messiah) things have turned a bit shit. That’s football it can happen.

The strange thing is how he tends to be ‘shit or champagne’!

Archived