IGNORED

Mick McCarthy leaves Ipswich early

Redstart

58 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Ha, they were flying in europe and the premier league not that long ago,,,  i feel less excited watching the good ship bristol city bouncing around between league 1 and championship than ipswich fans watching their team mixing it up in the premier.

How long ago though? My point is they’ve been stale in the championship for over a decade now. 

How things change. How the illustrious have fallen.

In our previous Championship stint (2007 - 2013) we played them 12 times, losing 6 times, winning twice. They hammered us 6:0 that first year up, too.

This time, we've played them 6 times, losing once. And winning 4 times.

4 hours ago, Galley is our king said:

Never liked MM but noticed yesterday that he shouted at one of his own player's to kick the ball out when Maggie was lying on the deck.

Good for him!

Sounds like your witnessing of his actions speaking louder than words should now temper your view.

5 hours ago, Galley is our king said:

Never liked MM but noticed yesterday that he shouted at one of his own player's to kick the ball out when Maggie was lying on the deck.

Good for him!

Tbh, kicking the ball out when a player, your own or the oppositions is down injured and ref hasn't seen it is considered an unwritten rule in football as is giving the ball back via the throw in.

Colin, being old school gets very pissy if the players of either team don't do it. That's part of his problem with Gary Johnson.

I can't remember the incident but Colin sees GJ as 'bad sport'

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Really like the guy

Probably , consistently the most honest manager I’ve ever seen in the game

No bull , no buff - open and dead straight

Was talking to Cole Skuse’s dad a while back. Had nothing but good things to say about MM and said the Ipswich players have a lot of time and respect for him. 

4 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Also noticed that he recognised the seriousness of Hörður's injury straightaway & got his players to put the ball out. As for the swearing, I can understand why he feels he has to at some of the players at his disposal. He had the defence and midfield well set up for keeping us playing tiki taka where it didn't matter, but they lacked much creativity, while fortunately for us, Waghorn & Sears up front didn't play that well yesterday. 

Hörður walked off in the end.

It's the refs. decision, and his alone, to stop the game - either for a head injury, or an injury he considers serious.

Hörður's injury wasn't deemed as serious enough by the ref. to stop play, so he rightly allowed the game to continue.

For a manager to then instruct a player to go against the advice of the F.A. to referees and all cubs, that being that the players should play to the whistle and not take decisions into their own hands by kicking the ball out, is not only wrong but very irritating to many supporters.

It doesn't matter if it was one of our players down on this occasion. It's a competitive game, get on with it unless the ref's whistle dictates otherwise.

Hm made it clear he had a serious problem, our players thought he had a serious problem so for the opposition manager to instruct his player to kick the ball out is being a good sport. With the amount of cheating and play acting we usually see, I thought nit was quite refreshing to see. So sorry Nogbad, it may not be to the letter of the law but it was certainly in the spirit of the game.

1 hour ago, swanker said:

Had nothing but good things to say about MM and said the Ipswich players have a lot of time and respect for him. 

It's not the players that are the issue at Portman Rd it's the fans who are thoroughly pissed off with MMs style of play. He's too negative is the general consensus amongst the them.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Hörður walked off in the end.

It's the refs. decision, and his alone, to stop the game - either for a head injury, or an injury he considers serious.

Hörður's injury wasn't deemed as serious enough by the ref. to stop play, so he rightly allowed the game to continue.

For a manager to then instruct a player to go against the advice of the F.A. to referees and all cubs, that being that the players should play to the whistle and not take decisions into their own hands by kicking the ball out, is not only wrong but very irritating to many supporters.

It doesn't matter if it was one of our players down on this occasion. It's a competitive game, get on with it unless the ref's whistle dictates otherwise.

Wasn't it also the Ref that called for a stretcher when Hörður down injured?

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Tbh, kicking the ball out when a player, your own or the oppositions is down injured and ref hasn't seen it is considered an unwritten rule in football as is giving the ball back via the throw in.

Colin, being old school gets very pissy if the players of either team don't do it. That's part of his problem with Gary Johnson.

I can't remember the incident but Colin sees GJ as 'bad sport'

It was ‘the goal that never was’ that wound Warnock up re GJ, as confirmed in this BBC article at the end of Feb before we played Cardiff. It was hilarious at the time of course!

‘Ghost goal'

Warnock admitted emnity between himself and the Johnsons - Lee and his father Gary, the current Cheltenham Town boss who also managed Bristol City.

It stems from the infamous Freddie Sears "ghost goal" at Ashton Gate when the forward was playing for Warnock's Crystal Palace against Bristol City in 2009.

Warnock at the time felt "cheated" after what he felt was a valid goal disallowed with Sears' effort crossing the line before bouncing out.

"Everyone knew it was a goal, apart from the officials, even Gary knew it was a goal and I thought they should have conceded a goal. But they didn't," Warnock added.

"I said they would probably go downhill from then on, and they did."

4 minutes ago, eardun said:

It was ‘the goal that never was’ that wound Warnock up re GJ, as confirmed in this BBC article at the end of Feb before we played Cardiff. It was hilarious at the time of course!

‘Ghost goal'

Warnock admitted emnity between himself and the Johnsons - Lee and his father Gary, the current Cheltenham Town boss who also managed Bristol City.

It stems from the infamous Freddie Sears "ghost goal" at Ashton Gate when the forward was playing for Warnock's Crystal Palace against Bristol City in 2009.

Warnock at the time felt "cheated" after what he felt was a valid goal disallowed with Sears' effort crossing the line before bouncing out.

"Everyone knew it was a goal, apart from the officials, even Gary knew it was a goal and I thought they should have conceded a goal. But they didn't," Warnock added.

"I said they would probably go downhill from then on, and they did."

And Colin still can't get over it...............:rofl2br:

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

Colin, being old school gets very pissy if the players of either team don't do it. 

The problem is Colin coaches his teams in play acting. One of his strikers will go down if the opposition are breaking, while his keeper will collapse before a goal kick.

You cant allow that to work. 

Thanks to cheats playing anti football (Cardiff and Preston being the lead protagonists this season) it now means you should play on for everything bar a clear and genuine head injury.

It's the sportsman like Mick and Lee that are fighting to keep the game from going all 90s Italian.

22 hours ago, simon uk said:

Ha, they were flying in europe and the premier league not that long ago,,,  i feel less excited watching the good ship bristol city bouncing around between league 1 and championship than ipswich fans watching their team mixing it up in the premier.

What are you talking about? We ourselves have got closer to the Premier League than Ipswich have in the last decade. There last play off appearance was in 2005. Other than that they have just floated about mid table season after season.. Fantastic record ay?

On 2018-03-17 at 22:12, Redstart said:

We sit near the front in the Lansdown and I have to say in what was a fairly dour first half McCarthy kept us all well entertained - I have never known a manager yell at his own players quite like he did throughout the whole match and he actually swears more than me which is really saying something. He was yelling at Spence and Ward particularly - and motivational he aint.

The two instances that stuck with us the most were 'Wardy give the ball to Jordan - give him the ball now, Wardy give Spence the ball - Wardy give Jordan the f****g Football NOW!! "  Then when Spence had the free kick outside our box, big build up and then he laced it well over the bar - City fans jeered and then it hit that quiet moment just as McCarthy yelled out "that was F****g shit!!"

On a serious note, thought he looked a bit haggard today - wonder if he'll be the next manager to go in the Championship. Poor game of football - great 3 points for us - Bolton beating Villa makes our defeat at Bolton look a bit more acceptable - and the beat goes on      COYR

It's not a puppet theater. All he does is upset people. Why don't they just ask him to piss off?  

8 hours ago, bris red said:

What are you talking about? We ourselves have got closer to the Premier League than Ipswich have in the last decade. There last play off appearance was in 2005. Other than that they have just floated about mid table season after season.. Fantastic record ay?

They played Norwich in play offs a couple of seasons back. I think long forgotten ex-city winger Paul Anderson scored for Ipswich. Local rivals meeting in PO couldn't have happened very often. 

11 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

The problem is Colin coaches his teams in play acting. One of his strikers will go down if the opposition are breaking, while his keeper will collapse before a goal kick.

You cant allow that to work. 

Thanks to cheats playing anti football (Cardiff and Preston being the lead protagonists this season) it now means you should play on for everything bar a clear and genuine head injury.

It's the sportsman like Mick and Lee that are fighting to keep the game from going all 90s Italian.

And it’s so obvious for all to see, yet the officials ignore it.  It’s almost like they side with the cheaters.

21 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

They played Norwich in play offs a couple of seasons back. I think long forgotten ex-city winger Paul Anderson scored for Ipswich. Local rivals meeting in PO couldn't have happened very often. 

Not often if ever. I remember a few years back the authorities having kittens when it was looking like Cardiff would be playing Swansea but it never happened.

On 3/18/2018 at 15:46, BoneyardTIM said:

Hm made it clear he had a serious problem, our players thought he had a serious problem so for the opposition manager to instruct his player to kick the ball out is being a good sport. With the amount of cheating and play acting we usually see, I thought nit was quite refreshing to see. So sorry Nogbad, it may not be to the letter of the law but it was certainly in the spirit of the game.

Hörður may have been in a bit of discomfort, but clearly, as he's joined up with the Iceland squad, he did not have a serious problem.

The instruction from the authorities to managers is clear -  they want players to stop kicking the ball out and to play to the whistle.

McCarthy was simply wrong to instruct his player to kick the ball out when the ref. was aware of the situation and deemed play should continue.

It's not refreshing to see at all, it's irritatingly commonplace, and should stop.

14 minutes ago, BoneyardTIM said:

Dear Nogbad,

Can I first apologies for having a different opinion to you. I forgot that you are always right and need to have the last word on anything and everything.

My mistake, I won't do it again.

I don't recognise myself in the quote above BT and not sure why you're taking that tone.

You chose to challenge my original post, which is absolutely fair enough, but now it seems you are somehow put out that I then do the same and answer your post to me?

Archived