IGNORED

Mick McCarthy leaves Ipswich early

Redstart

4 hours ago, Swede said:

Don't forget he also got relegated out of the football league as well. That will always be on his CV.

Nail on the head Swede; i was scratching my head thinking 'Marcus Stewart, legend, what total nonsense'. But of course he took Rovers down. 

Just now, Northern Red said:

Gone with immediate effect. 

Bookies favourite for the West Brom job.

Wasn’t happy with the fans reaction to a subsitution. Feel sorry for him at Ipswich but football is a entertainment sport.

Mick McCarthy and his assistant Terry Connor were due to leave Ipswich at the end of the season, but a statement on the club website has confirmed their immediate departures.

"I spoke with (owner) Marcus Evans at the weekend and we agreed that it was in the best interests for me, the players and the club that I move on now,” said McCarthy.

“I said I would see the season out but it’s been a new experience and it’s not one I have been enjoying to be honest.

“I have continued to do my job to the best of my ability but there is something missing and I’m not comfortable with that."

"I have had a great time here and worked with some great people and to all those who have given me wonderful support over the last five and a half years - and there are many - I want to put on record my personal thanks," he said.

"The players here can look forward to a new challenge with whoever comes in and I want to wish them, the staff and the club the best of fortunes.

"I’ll also be looking forward to a new challenge elsewhere. I’ve still got a lot of football in me."

Fair play to him for his honesty. expect nowt else from a bluff Yorkshireman.....

28 minutes ago, Redbo said:

Does that make Johnson the longest serving manager in the division?

Nope. Harris at Millwall. Also Smith (Brentford),  Clough (Burton) and Jokanovic (Fulham) longer. Only Clough in danger of going soon I’d imagine 

36 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Nope. Harris at Millwall. Also Smith (Brentford),  Clough (Burton) and Jokanovic (Fulham) longer. Only Clough in danger of going soon I’d imagine 

Jokanovic looking quite possible too....

I like Mick, he's seems like a decent down to earth guy who's always honest (a rare commodity in football managers these days) It's never nice to see a manager leave a club but I do admire the way Mick did it tonight.  Many fans have a 'we're untouchable' mentality, Mick stuck 2 fingers up to those fans tonight and fair play to him I say. 

Archived