IGNORED

The Middlesbrough FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 43

Septic Peg

Just now, Luxo Jr. said:

You know that's not what I mean. If he's spent his entire career being the target man, and now has to be the "other" striker, that's a completely different way of playing. So yes.

Lee claimed that not having responsibility as target man helped him on Tuesday 

Doesnt look interested half the time

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Is this enjoyable to watch?

As of right now the only thing that matters is scores at the end of games. The inquest about the football can happen when the season's over. Rather have a point or 3 playing horrible football than none trying to be like Brazil.

Playing a £50m squad here, personnel wise we're going to be second best all over the pitch.

Guess it’s a case of whatever we were doing was not working, and LJ believes at the moment this line up gives us the best chance of creating, even if we give more chances away. Think we are a lot better than at Millwall and v Brentford, but still have been second best overall. They could have had a red card, and never like giving a goal away direct from a corner.

Giving ourselves a chance I guess, but still second favoriates here. Not been Fammys day at all.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

It was a joke, come off it.

I like him a lot, honestly. But he's having a very bad game and deserves criticism for it.

Also, haven't we been playing 4-4-2 all year?

Don't worry about it. But as I've said to someone else, he's now not the target man in the 4-4-2, so it is different for him. Not saying he's playing well, to be clear. I was just trying to offer explanations as to why he was playing poorer than usual. 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Lee claimed that not having responsibility as target man helped him on Tuesday 

Doesnt look interested half the time

It might have done, doesn't mean he's used to it or instinctively knows what to do with the ball in the new role yet.

I would take Kelly off (not that hes playing badly but hes out of his depth against Traore im affraid) and bring on Pisano and move Bryan back to left back as he's having a mare at rb. Also take one of the top two off and give Matty Taylor a run out

4 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

agree to have Bryan in front of him but Pisano would get done badly in this game the way it is.

Sorry but if we have a right back on the bench and the right back playing is all over the place positionally and is giving the ball away a lot as he's not used to the position, you bring on the proper right back.  I'd hook a striker and stick Bobby up front and move Bryan to the left to properly double up on Traore.  

That booking of Bobby's was pathetic.  He barely moved the ball.  If that's a booking then there would be about 10 a game.

1 minute ago, westonred said:

I would take Kelly off (not that hes playing badly but hes out of his depth against Traore im affraid) and bring on Pisano and move Bryan back to left back as he's having a mare at rb. Also take one of the top two off and give Matty Taylor a run out

Don't think Kelly could have done much more against Traore, certainly don't think Bryan would do any better.

Hope Bamford is OK looked innocuous.

Flint went to sleep for their goal, the stoppage actually came at a good time for us, we had surrendered midfield and looked brittle at the back, but now we are competing better.

Diedhiou off for Taylor for me he is a passenger.

Reid showing his petulant side a ridiculous booking.

One thing that I found unprofessional apart from Smith during the 10 minute stoppage 9 of our players were stood around chatting, Flint can be excused he was obviously worried about the injury to Bamford, at least Smith went through the motions of doing stretches and sprints, to me that shows a lack of leadership on and off of the pitch.

Archived