IGNORED

The Middlesbrough FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 43

Septic Peg

6 minutes ago, Super said:

We look like a relegation team. Pathetic second half.

Might just be heat of the moment, but I honestly feel that's what we really are. I see on the forum many times people mentioning how good the likes of Pack, Smith, Brownhill etc are. Personally, I think they all belong in League 1. We really do lack Championship quality players. 

Just now, AirlieBeachRed said:

Quite astonishing really. A joy to watch first half of the season, painful to watch the second half of the season. Season ended without a fight. 

That’s the thing the kills you. The football we played pre new year has been thrown in the bin in place of some long ball rubbish that isn’t working whenever we play anyone half decent. If that’s what we’ve got to look forward to next season....,

Just now, Red_Wizard said:

Might just be heat of the moment, but I honestly feel that's what we really are. I see on the forum many times people mentioning how good the likes of Pack, Smith, Brownhill etc are. Personally, I think they're all belong in League 1. We really do lack Championship quality players. 

I rubbished your post because that statement is....rubbish. Sorry. 

1 minute ago, Luxo Jr. said:

What does that even mean? Of course they were risks, one is young and the other hadn't played in this league before. 

I would say taking a risk would be signing a couple of big money players to try and get promoted knowing that you could be stuck with them next season if it went tits up.

2 minutes ago, Singingsuperstar said:

Not actually interested in what you have to say... Fam is over rated... Shit touch, lightweight in tackles, gets bustled off the ball for a big man, he may score a dozen goals a season but he ain't good enough for championship or for the money. 

If you're not interested in what I have to say, don't tell me to read your responses. 

As for the rest... that's your opinion, but a striker who scores a dozen goals a season in the Championship is good enough for the Championship for me.

And returning to my original point, the money is only relevant if you choose to judge him on that. He's worth just as much as every other City player when he's on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Might just be heat of the moment, but I honestly feel that's what we really are. I see on the forum many times people mentioning how good the likes of Pack, Smith, Brownhill etc are. Personally, I think they're all belong in League 1. We really do lack Championship quality players. 

No we lack Championship quality manager I contest!

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I would say taking a risk would be signing a couple of big money players to try and get promoted knowing that you could be stuck with them next season if it went tits up.

Ok, fair enough. I'm glad we didn't do that. I also don't think that's the reason we're not managing to challenge for the play offs.

Archived