IGNORED

The Middlesbrough FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 43

Septic Peg

I so sick of the scapegoating of players if a game isn't going 100% perfectly. Fammy has been amazing this season 28 league games 11 goals 2 assists. And apparently, he is a non-league player. A player who all he does is run around but at the same time a player who puts in 0 effort. Some of the comments directed towards our own player even those who have had good seasons are embarrassing. 

Fammy plays because he scores goals and he is a big but very mobile forward. Half the balls he gets to are played nowhere near him he moves at a pace to get under them and get his feet to leap. It is a vital part of LJ main formation/style of play. but even today if you actually watch him you'll see how amazing his movement is. Djuric has a better first touch but has nowhere near the movement Fammy offers. 

2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Don't think Kelly could have done much more against Traore, certainly don't think Bryan would do any better.

No he's up against a great player but at his age it might knock his confidence getting skinned every time Traore gets the ball Joe is more confident and experienced at LB

Just now, Super said:

In fairness to our front two how many crosses do we put in for them? Just aimless punts towards them a lot of the time.

I’d bring on O’Dowda and change it, Bobby up top.

It doesn’t look great for the second half as it is. 

4 minutes ago, westonred said:

I would take Kelly off (not that hes playing badly but hes out of his depth against Traore im affraid) and bring on Pisano and move Bryan back to left back as he's having a mare at rb. Also take one of the top two off and give Matty Taylor a run out

Or better yet, put Bryan or O'Dowda in front of him and he has more cover. Then Reid can play in his proper position.

Just now, westonred said:

No he's up against a great player but at his age it might knock his confidence getting skinned every time Traore gets the ball Jor is more confident and experienced at LB

I don't think he is getting skinned every time, and Traore has incredibly inconsistent final product. It's pretty much impossible to stop him getting a cross or having a shot, but you can do your best to make it as tricky as possible, which I think he's done well. I don't think he's out of his depth at all.

1 minute ago, westonred said:

No he's up against a great player but at his age it might knock his confidence getting skinned every time Traore gets the ball Jor is more confident and experienced at LB

People are too worried about knocking his confidence.  For a full back, this is great experience.  If he doesn't learn from it then he isn't up to much.  However, by not exposing him to better players, how on earth can he develop? 

1 minute ago, Singingsuperstar said:

He also fumbles and gives it away alot for a multi million pounder. First touch is poor at best 50% of time. 2 target men doesn't work with these two

Why do you care about the fee? He didn't decide it, we didn't. I agree that his touch needs to improve. He's not been in great form recently and the formation isn't suiting him at present. On the other hand, he's scored quite a few goals for us. The money we paid for him should bear no relevance at all. He's just a player we signed for the amount of money Angers wanted. 

Just now, Luxo Jr. said:

Why do you care about the fee? He didn't decide it, we didn't. I agree that his touch needs to improve. He's not been in great form recently and the formation isn't suiting him at present. On the other hand, he's scored quite a few goals for us. The money we paid for him should bear no relevance at all. He's just a player we signed for the amount of money Angers wanted. 

Return on investment perhaps... 

2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Do agree formation is questionable let's both hope Fam and Bobby bring it back

Archived