IGNORED

The Middlesbrough FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 43

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, Singingsuperstar said:

Return on investment perhaps... 

But it's only us that decided he was a "multi million pound" player. It's not his fault we paid that. If he scores the goals, which he has, surely that is a return on investment. I couldn't care less how much my club spends on players because for the most part it's not my money.

I don't think of Diedhiou as "the player we signed for £5 million", I think of him as a player who's played well for us this season, got a big injury and has had mixed form since. If you keep trying to judge him based on a random sum of money we paid for him, you'll never be satisfied.

2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

But it's only us that decided he was a "multi million pound" player. It's not his fault we paid that. If he scores the goals, which he has, surely that is a return on investment. I couldn't care less how much my club spends on players because for the most part it's not my money.

I don't think of Diedhiou as "the player we signed for £5 million", I think of him as a player who's played well for us this season, got a big injury and has had mixed form since. If you keep trying to judge him based on a random sum of money we paid for him, you'll never be satisfied.

No not judging him on cost. Judging him on performance which is then relative to cost. 

Just now, JonDolman said:

I'd bring on O'Dowda soon for Diedhiou. We need some pace to run onto balls on the counter 

Agree, we are giving them absolutely nothing to think about at the moment. Like a training match attack vs defence at the moment...

Archived