IGNORED

"Flow and clutch" ?????

Robbored

Blimey, LJ talks about clutch, blames opposition ballboys, measures the grass.

Can someone tell him he should be concentrating in coaching accurately taken corners, teaching the goalie to kick or throw with accuracy and purpose, and encouraging the captain to lead on the pitch, even god forbid, make decisions during the game

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Can someone tell him he should be concentrating in coaching accurately taken corners, teaching the goalie to kick or throw with accuracy and purpose, and encouraging the captain to lead on the pitch, even god forbid, make decisions during the game

Forgotten the grass cutting. My god, it seems ridiculous to read about stuff like that when playing like we are. 

Basics basic basics. 

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Definitely Colinsyndrome

1 minute ago, reformed_red said:

This sort of nonsense is fine when you're winning, but is outrageous when you're losing.

I switched off the boro pre match interview after he was talking about "heavy shirts"....just say "I expect players to keep their place" rather than this riddle drivell.

I agree. 

While it's easy to beat LJ with that stick right now he does lay it on a bit thick. 

I'm sure LJ himself would be a bit confused if he contacted BT to receive confirmation that "your communication conduit will be coupled with our network services on Monday". 

Its language that says "I'm different/better than you. And I've been reading too many books". 

13 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

This sort of nonsense is fine when you're winning, but is outrageous when you're losing.

I switched off the boro pre match interview after he was talking about "heavy shirts"....just say "I expect players to keep their place" rather than this riddle drivell.

LJ does tend to use "coach" speak on a regular basis but to call it "drivel" is unnecessary and very harsh.

What LJ doesn't seem to understand is that not many fans actually understand the "speak" and that leaves him open to criticism.

20 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

In other words some of the 'basics'.

We have a head coach who thinks he is much better than he actually is.

Yet, we have some on here defending him to the end , one yesterday suggesting that what he 'achieved' at Oldham and Barnsley justified the club appointing him................

As if that was the reason he got the gig............

Still, our new DoF will sort things out in the summer........

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

LJ does tend to use "coach" speak on a regular basis but to call it "drivel" is unnecessary and very harsh.

What LJ doesn't seem to understand is that not many fans actually understand the "speak" and that leaves him open to criticism.

I've played a fairly decent standard of football, (not professional but halfway there), and was at city centre of excellence in my youth.

I've never heard a coach talk like LJ or use the language he does. 

Maybe he has suffered mistranslation from when he went to observe Barcelona....

40 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He is open to criticism and “drivel” I would rank as quite minor criticism so not really that harsh to be fair.

I agree on your second point - just treat us as normal and speak to us on that level - plain English.

All this riddle stuff is smoke-screen and unnecessary.  I would have so much more respect if he just said it was not good enough and what went wrong in simple terms.

If we think it sounds like drivel then I would suspect some of the players do too. I do wonder what they say about him behind his back.

You need the team to either fear or respect its leader if you want them to go out and give their all every game. I'm not convinced Lee is achieving either atm.

1 hour ago, reformed_red said:

Ffs

not this again

He loves that phrase

As much as a diehard City Fan I’ve been for nigh on 50yrs and proud to be and proud have been it’s akin to the chant

‘Were by far the greatest team the world has ever seen’..........uhmmmmmm

Im not sure that he’s going to convince players that the Bristol City shirt is such a ‘heavy one’ , as much as all of us fans would like to think it might be and just leave that repeated phrase alone

LJ frequently misuses the English language.

He says "We showed great solidarity in midfield" when he means "We showed great SOLIDITY in midfield."

He says "I trust him impeccably" when he means "I trust him IMPLICITLY."

But he can speak Swahili as far as I am concerned as long as he can get a defence to clear a corner. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Drivel is indeed harsh. Bollocks is closer to the mark.

25 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ffs

not this again

He loves that phrase

As much as a diehard City Fan I’ve been for nigh on 50yrs and proud to be and proud have been it’s akin to the chant

‘Were by far the greatest team the world has ever seen’..........uhmmmmmm

Im not sure that he’s going to convince players that the Bristol City shirt is such a ‘heavy one’ , as much as all of us fans would like to think it might be and just leave that repeated phrase alone

Bang on mate

Archived