IGNORED

LJ to West Brom?

Jacki

1 hour ago, Jacki said:

According to the Bristol Post the bookies are saying this could be happening:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-citys-lee-johnson-emerges-1476259

Probably nonsense but thought I would post it seeing as I couldn't see it elsewhere....

Ah well, cheerio then Lee. 

Clear your desk for Dean Smith please......:clap:

Just now, nickolas said:

Ah well, cheerio then Lee. 

Clear your desk for Dean Smith please......:clap:

The same Dean Smith who’s record at Brentford is statistically identical to Johnson here? 

Why would you replace like for like? 

Classic OTIB, lose to Brentford and all of a sudden Smith is the new Warnock :laugh: 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

The same Dean Smith who’s record at Brentford is statistically identical to Johnson here? 

Why would you replace like for like? 

Classic OTIB, lose to Brentford and all of a sudden Smith is the new Warnock :laugh: 

Because Dean Smith’s teams play great football. 

You also have to think he’s spent little to bugger all there yet can still produce the football he does. 

Lee has spent c£20m, many players worth millions on loan or not making the bench. 

Wasteful coach!!!

7 minutes ago, nickolas said:

You also have to think he’s spent little to bugger all there yet can still produce the football he does. 

Lee has spent c£20m, many players worth millions on loan or not making the bench. 

Wasteful coach!!!

£20m is ‘little to bugger all’ ? 

6 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Wasteful coach!!!

Just for the record- please run that figure past us and don't forget to add in any income from sales at the same time.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Serious question. Would anyone be that bothered if he left?

Yes, because I can’t think of many available managers who would be an instant improvement. I’m also in favour of a period of stability. 

Bad runs or no bad runs, facts are three straight years of improving our standing in the football league and likely our highest league placing in a decade  

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wonder if MA will go back to the Baggies with him?

I did half-jokingly suggest last week that perhaps a lot of people’s wishes that he goes, becomes reality, because a “bigger” club want him. 

Surely you suggested it full -jokingly? :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Not one bit, I'm not in the Johnson out camp (Not sure many are) but I wouldn't care if he did go. I quite enjoy the excitement/expectations that come when getting a new manager. 

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wonder if MA will go back to the Baggies with him?

I did half-jokingly suggest last week that perhaps a lot of people’s wishes that he goes, becomes reality, because a “bigger” club want him. 

He helped them get promoted before,  Dont you know

;)

(The fact that he was the Community Officer or similar is irrelevant)

I’d be very surprised if WBA wanted Johnson. But I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he went there if they were to make him an offer.

If you look at the moves he’s made in his career he’s always spent a couple of years in each job he’s had before moving on to a bigger and better one. 

Personally, I’d be disappointed if he went because I think he’s done pretty well here. And some of the names suggested to replace him have been nothing short of terrifying!

21 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yes, because I can’t think of many available managers who would be an instant improvement. I’m also in favour of a period of stability. 

Bad runs or no bad runs, facts are three straight years of improving our standing in the football league and likely our highest league placing in a decade  

Four straight years of improvement actually!

L1 12th > L1 1st > C 18th > C 17th > C 10th

11 minutes ago, Super said:

think I would be like "oh well" good luck to him!

Fair comment.

I don't dislike LJ at all, in many ways he is a good public figurehead for City.

I don't see him being successful here with his inbuilt inconsistencies, and I do think it would be healthier to have a coach/manager who is not a friend of the board. Sometimes a board needs to be challenged by a manager and they should be able to talk through differences for the benefit of the club without seeing it as any sort of confrontation.

We know any replacement would need to be someone SL ( and looking forward JL) could get on with personally, and would have to agree to the club's stated policies going forward, but surely such candidates are out there without having to be personal friends beforehand?

LJ being poached might be a great solution imo., it would save SL having to ever make the decision to dismiss a family friend, and I wouldn't see LJ going as any sort of setback at all if replaced well.

If a respected, experienced manager like McCarthy, for instance, was announced,  I think we'd be much more likely to make a genuine, consistent challenge next season.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I once had a girlfriend but got a bit bored of her cos she didn't quite live up to my high expectations.

It was amazing how many people thought the opposite once we broke up. Including me when I realised what was out there to take her place.

I stopped reading after your first five words . 

:photo:

34 minutes ago, Super said:

At times this season we have played some of the best football I have ever witnessed at the Gate. I think he's getting it right gradually, we aren't too far away from having a decent team.

I was firmly behind sacking him last season on that hideous run but he's proved he gets it right more often than not. 

Archived