IGNORED

4 wins in 20 Games

healeyred

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

there you go again with your lets rip it up and start again (copy cat) thread. told you before stop being a hypocrite, don't moan at others when you did exactly the same thing yourself.

Completely different aspect to that post PR. No slagging off of LJ but a suggestion that he start again with a better set of defenders........they were laughable on Saturday - school boy defending.

If you choose to read it another way that's upto you.........:cool2:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Completely different aspect to that post PR. No slagging off of LJ but a suggestion that he start again with a better set of defenders........they were laughable on Saturday - school boy defending.

If you choose to read it another way that's upto you.........:cool2:

cant argue with that assessment of our defence, just that you said not again when I had a topic with the same name last week where I basically was of the same opinion as you, if you don't read all the topics like you and I do it's easy to think you are being original, actually do agree with most of what you say normally.

23 hours ago, nickolas said:

Ssssssshhhhhh dont upset the ones still basing beating ManUre as the reason weve had a successful season!

shocking since January. 

LJ needs to learn from mistakes very fast but unfortunately as we see the same mistakes over and over, he clearly doesnt have the aptitude to learn!

The very good news is they won't be able to use 'Man U' shite next season thank fuck!

Unless.........!!

On 22/04/2018 at 18:38, ChippenhamRed said:

....our progress now extends to four consecutive seasons of league position improvement. Not many clubs can make that statement...

Manchester United can, Portsmouth can, Shrewsbury Town can, Plymouth Argyle can, Forest Green Rovers can, Brighton & Hove Albion can....just a few off the top of me ‘ead....there may be more...

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Manchester United can, Portsmouth can, Shrewsbury Town can, Plymouth Argyle can, Forest Green Rovers can, Brighton & Hove Albion can....just a few off the top of me ‘ead....there may be more...

There are 92 league clubs and you’ve just named six.

Like I said, not many clubs can make that statement.

42 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Lincoln can...

On 22/04/2018 at 15:28, Neo said:

Look don’t like facts get in the way. According to the rose tinted brigade it has been a great season.

And don’t forget we had a cup run where we beat prem teams and gave the best team in the country a decent run for their money so even though nobody but city fans will even remember that in 3 months time it has been a great season :yawn:

Yes we did well, but the players beating the premier teams were not the first team favourites - LJ too hooked on his favourites, what has Pato done in 2018 since his virus? He woke up after 20 mins against Hull, but since the illness he has started almost every game despite being either unfit or lacking motivation and he is not alone in being mediocre, I don’t believe for on minute that team selection this season has been based on individual performance but more on LJ’s love for some, why is joe constantly playing from the back? He hates being there, he is a wing back, give him licence to go forward and he will put a shift in for the team! Bobby is a great example of LJ deciding to improve a player by changing their position, so why did he shift him against Hull to position he is not confident in? His aimless tinkering and experimentation beggars belief! Leadership 

12 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Rovers?

Rovers also don’t qualify for “four consecutive seasons of improvement”.

If they finish higher than 10th this season (currently 12th), it would be three seasons of improvement.

In 2014/15 (which would be the first of the four seasons in question) they finished 2nd in the conference, which technically is lower than 23rd in L2 the previous season.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

No, only three seasons of improvement in their case. Finished lower in 14/15 than the previous season.

Didn't realise the metric was four seasons of year on year league position improvements. Apologies.

On 22/04/2018 at 15:19, healeyred said:

The Title Says it all really after beating reading on boxing day we had 47 points from  24 games  since then we have only got  19 points with 4 four wins  this run of form has been truly awful and if we didn't have such a good start to the season we would be relegated by now  and people say it has been a successful season. the recruitment we did in January was woeful need to bring in quality but went for 3 unproven players that had hardly ever played in he championship before     take millwall for example on boxing day they were on 27 points from 24 games and since then they got 41 points from 20 games  they brought in 3 players in January but that brought 3  experienced players in  Jason shackell  Ben Marshall and Tim cahill 

Thanks for the reminder.... as I said if we had a poor start and a good finish to the season we would have a totally different perspective on the season. Pretty obvious we had a poor January, hindsight is a wonderful thing, we will learn, and we are currently 10th over a season,.....positives.

On 22/04/2018 at 22:56, redsquirrel said:

I am convinced now that the second half of the season was fixed. especially after yesterday.

plan . 1st priority get safe or safish before jan so we can experiment with some loanees and tactics for next season.

also make sure we are in or around the playoffs to keep the attendance up, provide plenty of entertainment.(maybe rig a big match, 5-5?

how often does that happen?)  hull would have settled for a point before the game.

I predict a draw against forest and then thump sheff u on the final day so everyone goes home happy.

yes,this is all far fetched twaddle but its the best explanation I can think of especially after smarmy pants mr ashton said we weren't going for promotion this year.

We fixed a 5-5 draw? :source:

16 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

PS - you’re wrong about Brighton.

At the end of the last four seasons they’ve finished 20th in the championship, 3rd in the championship, 2nd in the championship and now they will finish somewhere in the premier league....that’s 4 seasons of improving their end position....

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Have we met?  

I guess we must have, otherwise you wouldn't be qualified to pass comment on my personality.

Would I admit to that on a public forum? After 27,000+ posts here, your personality shines like a light.

Exactly how many hours per day do you waste on here?

Archived