IGNORED

4 wins in 20 Games

healeyred

29 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Let it go? Our best chance in a decade? Haha, good one, this will rumble on for some time. At least until LJ gets sacked after losing 15 in a row by Christmas. 

Yeah, let it go. It's gone, its in the past and cannot be changed. No point moaning about it.

Accept the things you cannot change! 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Yeah, let it go. It's gone, its in the past and cannot be changed. No point moaning about it.

Accept the things you cannot change! 

I hope our glorious leaders don’t have that attitude, I’d hope they were poring over every single aspect of this season to work out how not to repeat it next.

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I hope our glorious leaders don’t have that attitude, I’d hope they were poring over every single aspect of this season to work out how not to repeat it next.

Of course they are - it's their job. 

I hope they're looking at the far post crosses that led to us conceding........ at a guess I reckon there must be at least 10-12 of them. Another yesterday.......:disapointed2se:

45 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Ah I see now you’re talking about the “cup run etc” rather than just the win against United. That’s a different statement.

I don’t see anyone claiming the season is a success because of one win against United. However, the run the semi finals of the league cup - beating four PL along the way - was certainly a decent achievement. If some are saying that overall the season can be considered broadly successful because of an excellent cup run and a top 10 finish, then I think that’s a reasonable claim.

That’s not to say the post-Christmas decline hasn’t been anything other than a great disappointment. It has, and it shouldn’t have happened.

But don’t go accusing people of low standards just because they are able to take a broader view on our progress that now extends to four consecutive seasons of league position improvement. Not many clubs can make that statement.

Ofcourse not. But hearing the ‘we’d have taken this in August’ arguement is b0ll0x. 

Absolutely we would but not now, not from 2nd in December. 

Utter shambles since then to be where we are. 

4 hours ago, healeyred said:

The Title Says it all really after beating reading on boxing day we had 47 points from  24 games  since then we have only got  19 points with 4 four wins  this run of form has been truly awful and if we didn't have such a good start to the season we would be relegated by now  and people say it has been a successful season. the recruitment we did in January was woeful need to bring in quality but went for 3 unproven players that had hardly ever played in he championship before     take millwall for example on boxing day they were on 27 points from 24 games and since then they got 41 points from 20 games  they brought in 3 players in January but that brought 3  experienced players in  Jason shackell  Ben Marshall and Tim cahill 

over the last 25 games we are 18th. 

9 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Here is the form table last 20. (not saying it isn' disappointing to say the least)

Screenshot_20180422-195511.png

Thanks, I thought we'd be somewhere round there last 20.

Definitely not cut adrift then if average start plus last 20...highlights the number of poor and average sides in the division this year.

4 hours ago, healeyred said:

The Title Says it all really after beating reading on boxing day we had 47 points from  24 games  since then we have only got  19 points with 4 four wins  this run of form has been truly awful and if we didn't have such a good start to the season we would be relegated by now  and people say it has been a successful season. the recruitment we did in January was woeful need to bring in quality but went for 3 unproven players that had hardly ever played in he championship before     take millwall for example on boxing day they were on 27 points from 24 games and since then they got 41 points from 20 games  they brought in 3 players in January but that brought 3  experienced players in  Jason shackell  Ben Marshall and Tim cahill 

Change the record mate. 

Cahill’s 65 minutes on the pitch this season have been the difference for Millwall!

2 hours ago, RumRed said:

Rest assured this glorious leader (who let's remember led a country of 1bn people to beautiful revolution after years of subjugation from the west) doesn't have that attitude. 

Memo to self, send Steve Lansdown a copy of the Little Red Book.

7 hours ago, healeyred said:

4 wins in 20 games and throwing away leads is progress apparently. We must have been shite if thats the case.  

I am convinced now that the second half of the season was fixed. especially after yesterday.

plan . 1st priority get safe or safish before jan so we can experiment with some loanees and tactics for next season.

also make sure we are in or around the playoffs to keep the attendance up, provide plenty of entertainment.(maybe rig a big match, 5-5?

how often does that happen?)  hull would have settled for a point before the game.

I predict a draw against forest and then thump sheff u on the final day so everyone goes home happy.

yes,this is all far fetched twaddle but its the best explanation I can think of especially after smarmy pants mr ashton said we weren't going for promotion this year.

7 hours ago, Andy Horsman said:

Says the man who would STILL put the boot into Gary Johnson at ANY opportunity some EIGHT years after he left...................fucking hypocrite!!!

Tbf to @Robbored, 99% of the time it's only mentioned because another poster brings it up - seems like others are the people who can't get over the fact that he didn't like GJ.

17 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Ah I see now you’re talking about the “cup run etc” rather than just the win against United. That’s a different statement.

I don’t see anyone claiming the season is a success because of one win against United. However, the run the semi finals of the league cup - beating four PL along the way - was certainly a decent achievement. If some are saying that overall the season can be considered broadly successful because of an excellent cup run and a top 10 finish, then I think that’s a reasonable claim.

That’s not to say the post-Christmas decline hasn’t been anything other than a great disappointment. It has, and it shouldn’t have happened.

But don’t go accusing people of low standards just because they are able to take a broader view on our progress that now extends to four consecutive seasons of league position improvement. Not many clubs can make that statement.

Rovers?

8 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

And they beat us during those games mind!

Nope.

We drew with them in the last 20, the 3-0 loss was at AG before this period of the last 20 was being scrutinised- when both sides were still riding fairly high, but in our case just before our excellent run which took us to 2nd.

23 hours ago, Robbored said:

Jeez..............not this again...............:facepalm:

there you go again with your lets rip it up and start again (copy cat) thread. told you before stop being a hypocrite, don't moan at others when you did exactly the same thing yourself.

Archived