IGNORED

National League Play Offs

cidercity1987

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

That`s great news mate. Is he ready for the championship yet do you think or a would a league one/two loan be more appropriate.

Jeez... that's a hard one to answer ... :fear: He has the ability to kick on, and he is only going to get better, good balance, fast paced and good crossing ability,  but the point is would he get ahead of Elliason and O'Dowda on the bench :cool2:... very similar players. If not, a loan to L1 or high L2 would probably make the player. He is only 20 and scoring 10 and assisting 11 in the Conference has had a lot of Clubs enquiring about him already for next season. His best asset being the first 10yrd acceleration so good for the triangles and left footed shooting. Fingers crossed, getting a taste early might surprise the pundits.... :fingerscrossed:

7 minutes ago, Garycpos said:

Jeez... that's a hard one to answer ... :fear: He has the ability to kick on, and he is only going to get better, good balance, fast paced and good crossing ability,  but the point is would he get ahead of Elliason and O'Dowda on the bench :cool2:... very similar players. If not, a loan to L1 or high L2 would probably make the player. He is only 20 and scoring 10 and assisting 11 in the Conference has had a lot of Clubs enquiring about him already for next season. His best asset being the first 10yrd acceleration so good for the triangles and left footed shooting. Fingers crossed, getting a taste early might surprise the pundits.... :fingerscrossed:

You're not related to him are you mate? Think I'm a bit out the loop here.

On 03/05/2018 at 19:03, 22A said:

Further down the pyramid in the Northern League, Ashton play Grantham tonight.

Hmm; Grantham = home of Isaac Newton and Margaret Thatcher.

Ashton = my first grand child's name and has tenuous links to City's area of Bristol. Their colours are red & white and their nick name is The Robins.  

Ashton promoted to National League North. :bounce:

Today in the NL Final, Tranmere had a player sent off in the first minute. They then took the lead, but, due to the stoppage in play, Boreham Wood equalised in the eighth minute of first half stoppage time. :facepalm:

In Scotland for the battle to stay in / get in the League last week Cowdenbeath drew 0-0 at Cove. In today's 2nd leg, Cowdenbeath took the lead, but at half time Cover were 2-1 up. "The Blue Brazil" as they like to be known came back though and retained their League status winning 3-2. :disapointed2se:

Earlier today I thought that Scunny v Rotherham was a really entertaining game. In the game currently being played, because they are from the South West and several former City players have gone there, I'm cheering for Exeter in their game at Lincoln. :clapping:

2 hours ago, 22A said:

In Scotland for the battle to stay in / get in the League last week Cowdenbeath drew 0-0 at Cove. In today's 2nd leg, Cowdenbeath took the lead, but at half time Cover were 2-1 up. "The Blue Brazil" as they like to be known came back though and retained their League status winning 3-2. 

I see on SSN that the Ref sent off three Cove players in stoppage time. Beats sending off just one player in the first minute.

18 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Why not try for league one? 

Why not indeed, aim high. Someone like Bradford City or Rotherham (if they don`t go up). I`d prefer if it was top end rather than bottom if I`m honest - I think that`s the trouble with our loans sometimes, we don`t always send them to relatively successful clubs and they end up in a relegation fight (I appreciate you can`t tell at the start of the season but you can make an educated guess at least)

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Why not indeed, aim high. Someone like Bradford City or Rotherham (if they don`t go up). I`d prefer if it was top end rather than bottom if I`m honest - I think that`s the trouble with our loans sometimes, we don`t always send them to relatively successful clubs and they end up in a relegation fight (I appreciate you can`t tell at the start of the season but you can make an educated guess at least)

They seem to like to keep an eye on them, Tins regularly gets out to watch many of our loans and if they play at Cheltenham, Bath etc makes it easier. But I agree, the higher up the ladder they play the better.

24 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

In some respects a defender going to a team expected to struggle could be beneficial.

They would be busy and learn plenty.

On the other hand if things dont go well they could lose confidence.

For a winger a team expected to do well would be beneficial, but going to a team at the other end of the table could enhance the defensive side of their game considerably.

11 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

In some respects a defender going to a team expected to struggle could be beneficial.

They would be busy and learn plenty.

On the other hand if things dont go well they could lose confidence.

For a winger a team expected to do well would be beneficial, but going to a team at the other end of the table could enhance the defensive side of their game considerably.

This is my biggest worry for a young player. If the team are losing, the fans get on his back, he gets dropped and so on. Look at Zack at Plymouth, playing in a successful team, getting rave reviews and the fans love him. He`ll come back twice the player he was when he went there. You can get away with the odd mistake if the club are doing well, not so much if your team are struggling - particularly at the back where every error means such a lot.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

This is my biggest worry for a young player. If the team are losing, the fans get on his back, he gets dropped and so on. Look at Zack at Plymouth, playing in a successful team, getting rave reviews and the fans love him. He`ll come back twice the player he was when he went there. You can get away with the odd mistake if the club are doing well, not so much if your team are struggling - particularly at the back where every error means such a lot.

I fully see that point.

I suspect each case gets viewed individually to try and get the best matches for what suits each player.

If you look at the goalkeeper we sent to Solihull (O'Leary?), they were having an awful season by the time he arrived there, yet he managed to keep more than 10 clean sheets in half a season, that would have done wonders for his confidence.

Archived