IGNORED

The Bristol City FC v Sheffield United FC Match Day Thread 46

Septic Peg

Hello and good morning.

It's the last game of the season and today's match is brought to you by the words Bob Bob Super Bob.

No, not the OTIBer.

Bob Taylor was the original. Scoring a goal every other game for us, we flogged him to West Brom for a Matty Taylor and we never thought we'd see another "Super Bob".

Step forwards Mr Reid.

In a stroke of brilliance unheard of, LJ decided to move Bobby from the midfield and popped him up top. What a difference. 20 odd league and cup goals later and he's been a revolution. Ask him yourself and he still identifies as a midfielder but his talent also lies in poaching goals.

Ergo, Bob Bob Super Bob 2.0 was born.

He's OOC next year and we all know that MA and co have been trying to get him to squiggle his name on a new contract.

The question is, will he? Or will history repeat itself and he'll be flogged? I reckon he's worth more than a Matty Taylor though... :shifty:

I would think it'll be a boring 1-1 draw today.

Stay off the pitch, let the players do a lap, blah blah blah... no one listens...

Until pre-season folks!!!

Come on you reds!

I’m going to watch The Flyers in their Basketball play-off this afternoon.  I could do both, but it will be tight time-wise as I have to get home and pick up my daughter, as all 3 of us go.

Hoping the players who are likely to be elsewhere next season get a chance to play and the fans therefore are able to give them a good send-off.  Hope the likes of Eliasson get game time too.

Am looking forward to the expectation of next season.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m going to watch The Flyers in their Basketball play-off this afternoon.  I could do both, but it will be tight time-wise as I have to get home and pick up my daughter, as all 3 of us go.

Hoping the players who are likely to be elsewhere next season get a chance to play and the fans therefore are able to give them a good send-off.  Hope the likes of Eliasson get game time too.

Am looking forward to the expectation of next season.

I'd rather watch the Flyers too! :whistle:

Me, my brother, Dad and kids (6 of us - all season ticket holders in Dolman) aren’t going today. Past few months have drained too much from me, too many lack lustre and no passion performances. 2 team with no form playing an end of season game with nothing to play for, dosnt inspire me to waste my free time on a nice bank holiday Sunday. 

For those going enjoy watching Bryan, Reid and Flint play because I very much doubt they will be our players next season! 

Really looking forward to today, stress free game, the suns out, a few ciders with mates and despite the disappointment, happy to end the season feeling like it hasn’t been an absolute chore!

enjoy the sunshine n’ cider fellow reds!

55 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Hello and good morning.

It's the last game of the season and today's match is brought to you by the words Bob Bob Super Bob.

No, not the OTIBer.

Bob Taylor was the original. Scoring a goal every other game for us, we flogged him to West Brom for a Matty Taylor and we never thought we'd see another "Super Bob".

Step forwards Mr Reid.

In a stroke of brilliance unheard of, LJ decided to move Bobby from the midfield and popped him up top. What a difference. 20 odd league and cup goals later and he's been a revolution. Ask him yourself and he still identifies as a midfielder but his talent also lies in poaching goals.

Ergo, Bob Bob Super Bob 2.0 was born.

He's OOC next year and we all know that MA and co have been trying to get him to squiggle his name on a new contract.

The question is, will he? Or will history repeat itself and he'll be flogged? I reckon he's worth more than a Matty Taylor though... :shifty:

I would think it'll be a boring 1-1 draw today.

Stay off the pitch, let the players do a lap, blah blah blah... no one listens...

Until pre-season folks!!!

Come on you reds!

The other matchday thread is better . 

:whistle2:

This is a really important game for me up here in Swindle - I have an ongoing bet with a Swindon mate that is worth £10 for whoever’s side finishes ranked above the other in our respective leagues. I’ve been doing rather well recently but they are 9th at the moment so we need a win today and the 2017-18 West Country challenge cup could be mine again - and the £10 which goes with it !!!

3 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

It will be one of LJ's tactical ploys - desired through balls, goal kicks, planned runs etc.

Quite interesting actually!

It's based on a Backgammon board...it's even more impressive from the Dolman side.

I hear on RB it's a beautiful day there in Bristol,  it's the same here, probably not quite as hot as there, but around 20 C and blue skies.  Let's hope the result is just as beautiful and gives them confidence for next season.  COYR's

28 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I hear on RB it's a beautiful day there in Bristol,  it's the same here, probably not quite as hot as there, but around 20 C and blue skies.  Let's hope the result is just as beautiful and gives them confidence for next season.  COYR's

Unlikely, considering the first half of this season didn't give them any confidence for the second half

Archived