IGNORED

The Bristol City FC v Sheffield United FC Match Day Thread 46

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

I would love a proper manager at this club. An actual manager with experience and proven success at this level. A manager to match SLs supposed ambitions.

Get him in. I'd actually rather have Warnock right now.

Brace yourself! Comments like that are not liked on here by the experts who know better and would boycott Ashton Gate if we had a proven, experienced, successful championship manager in charge...

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

THEY play when THEY want - I seriously think he has little or no influence

Time to go

The same thing was said when Gary Johnson was Manager. Remember a distinct lack of interest by the players away to Plymouth, but when WBA visited and the game was televised, the same team came from behind to win.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

He regarded Millen as like a son but still sacked him. He is more ruthless than he seems.

Yes, but how much more as he have to see of this rubbish before he acts?  IMO, not until we are well into the relegation zone next season.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Brace yourself! Comments like that are not liked on here by the experts who know better and would boycott Ashton Gate if we had a proven, experienced, successful championship manager in charge...

I'm a very recent convert but the ability is undeniable. Just end the ******* spin, comfy environments, and team that needs to be loved. Warnock would've had us promoted if we were second at New Year's Eve.

Just now, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes, but how much more as he have to see of this rubbish before he acts?  IMO, not until we are well into the relegation zone next season.

You may well be right. I expect LJ to start next season but assuming no change in performance my guess is sacked by Christmas.

6 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I would love a proper manager at this club. An actual manager with experience and proven success at this level. A manager to match SLs supposed ambitions.

Get him in. I'd actually rather have Warnock right now.

Unless you hadn’t noticed Warnock is too busy taking Cardiff to the premier league, 7 make that 8 promotions,and people still take the piss out of their style of play!  Do you think you have been watching entertaining football at Aston gate since December?

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Gary Owers is co-commentator on RB,  I would rather see him as manager next season ATM. Couldn't do any worse and probably better with the backing that LJ has had.

Gary Owers, who's managerial career has peaked with Torquay and Bath. Come on, that's a bit reactionary isn't it.

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I have to agree. I want us to give any manager every reasonable chance to turn things around but we have lacked fight in recent weeks and I just do not see any evidence to suggest anything will be different next season. I hope this is the end of the line.

It looks to me like a very unhappy squad of players, a squad that are confused and squad that does not believe anymore.

30 players signed and for the 2nd week running only 4 deemed good enough to start, with the sort of root and branch changes needed for next season, the LJ glee club will be saying he needs 3 more seasons to bed the new players in, next season will undoubtedly be back to another struggle.

22 games of mainly utter misery now and with relegation form to boot, only one person to blame IMHO.

1 minute ago, Chris_Brown said:

Gary Owers, who's managerial career has peaked with Torquay and Bath. Come on, that's a bit reactionary isn't it.

No it isn't, if you are listening he is seeing what is wrong with the way they are playing,  LJ can't or he would have changed things by now.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Warnock would've had us promoted if we were second at New Year's Eve.

Of course he would have done...but still threads appeared on here suggesting Warnock and Cardiff were ‘bottling it’.....and then the experts on here rolled out loads of meaningless stats to prove his football team play rubbish stuff, one even suggesting he instructs his players not to chest the ball down....the only stat that really matters,  his team are currently in second place on the last day of the season...

1 minute ago, Chris_Brown said:

Reckon he should have had the first. Think it was quite a reasonable height for him, not top corner or anything like. 

Dont see why fielding gets blamed when ten players are strolling around

Archived