IGNORED

When can we discuss the 'Progress' argument again?

Andy082005

I’d still maintain that, if LJ left today, I’d see him as having done a decent job and that the club are in better shape than when he arrived.

But recent months have been dire and there is no evidence he can turn it around. I think if he stays next season it will undo the progress we have actually made.

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Oh the ‘progress’ advocates will be on here soon....”we finished higher than we did last season..” blah, blah, blah...

Eight goals conceded in last two home games....with a long way to go....

There is some merit in the argument of ‘progress’ if you just look at the macro of league positions.. but that ignores the overall context.

If you’re 2nd at Christmas.. to finish 10th/11th by May is just awful. No matter how you dress it up. 

It’s a funny one. I run a small business and if my sales team delivered 6 month results that were 300%  of target I would over the moon and keen to ensure we maintained these levels. 

If at the end of the year we finished 95% of target I would be keen to know how it went so wrong in the last 6 months. 

I certainly wouldn’t be sat on my  laurels glowing how overall we almost acieved target.

You will never progress with that kind of mentality 

18 minutes ago, 054123 said:

It’s a funny one. I run a small business and if my sales team delivered 6 month results that were 300%  of target I would over the moon and keen to ensure we maintained these levels. 

If at the end of the year we finished 95% of target I would be keen to know how it went so wrong in the last 6 months. 

I certainly wouldn’t be sat on my  laurels glowing how overall we almost acieved target.

You will never progress with that kind of mentality 

But neither would you sack them, boo them, call them midgets, etc

There is no progress. Our form is ******* awful. You can’t polish a turd like the happy clappers try to. Oh yeah, best football in 40 years, we beat Man United, no relegation fight this year. 4 wins in 20+ games since Christmas would have seen other managers dismissed would it not for the first half of the season. Don’t be fooled. This season ended up being a total let down and embarrassment and the “Warnock is crap brigade” get to watch Cardiff go up. Typical typical clueless useless ******* City. *******.

8 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Yeah but we beat Man Utd and played Champagne football at the wrong end of the season remember. We finished above last season, so overall since 1982 we have made progress. Well done Lee.

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Yeah but we beat Man Utd and played Champagne football at the wrong end of the season remember. We finished above last season, so overall since 1982 we have made progress. Well done Lee.

Yes, but we would all have taken that at the start of the season. We’re lucky..

3 hours ago, David Brent said:

I’ll give it 30 mins before somebody says

Oh yes but it’s ok , look at Leeds and Reading their form was worse

(The fact that 3 of those 6 were relegated is (another) massive alarm bell for next season IMHO)

All the talk,all the knee jerk reactions,all the doom'mungers,the happy clappers,the reasoned and considered,the damn'd angry-even the comedians amongst us..

It all comes down to one thing-love him,hate him, respect him..whatever-Lee will never take us to the Premier League so long as the hole in 'ees arse point's south...........

1 minute ago, Chivs said:

Could you ask your mate where he thought we'd finish this season?

Also, ask him where he thinks we will finish next season.

Thought we would finish mid-table. Next season...can't tell as it depends on who leaves. IF...Bryan, Reid and Flint leave...then wouldnt see anything more then a relegation battle.

Out of interest ...at what point for you does enough become enough? I swear there are some on here who would see us drop to League 1 and still try to claim "it's all part of the bigger plan"

52 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

All the talk,all the knee jerk reactions,all the doom'mungers,the happy clappers,the reasoned and considered,the damn'd angry-even the comedians amongst us..

It all comes down to one thing-love him,hate him, respect him..whatever-Lee will never take us to the Premier League so long as the hole in 'ees arse point's south...........

Only one man has taken us to the top division in 100 years so I don't see that as too much of an insult

I would have taken the season we've had before the start - no doing about it. However the manner of our fall from 2nd raises serious concerns. I don't honestly believe we are now a better side now than the end of last season. And LJ goes on these runs with no idea how to turn it around. 

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Thought we would finish mid-table. Next season...can't tell as it depends on who leaves. IF...Bryan, Reid and Flint leave...then wouldnt see anything more then a relegation battle.

Out of interest ...at what point for you does enough become enough? I swear there are some on here who would see us drop to League 1 and still try to claim "it's all part of the bigger plan"

You must be made up with our progress as we finished above mid-table.  Awkward for you.  Isn't it.

For the record, I thought we'd finish 10th, but with a bit of a following wind, and a lot of luck, we could just scrape a playoff place.

Unlike you, I'm obviously disappointed with our progress.

I'm not going to swerve the next season question.  I think we will do much the same as this season (irrespective of who goes or comes) but I would hope we have more of a chance of playoffs.

If we get relegated "enough is enough".  If we are in danger of relegation in February, "enough is enough".

The bigger plan is important.  Strategy should not change due to a few tactical interruptions.  I swear there are some on here who just can't see this.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Anyone hear someone on RB say 

We beat more Premiership sides before Christmas

Than we beat Championship sides after Christmas 

:grr:

Not quite true though is it? We beat 4 premier league sides before Christmas and 5 championship sides after Christmas - that includes Boxing Day.....but if Boxing Day counts as being Christmas then we still beat 4 championship clubs after Christmas...still a very depressing stat whichever way you look at it....especially as smug City fans were boasting that at Christmas we had beaten more premier league sides than Swansea and Southampton had managed in their seasons up until then.

More alarming is @Fordy62‘s observation that we have finished closer to Sunderland than Wolves in terms of points gained...what an absolute hideous anti-climax this season has turned into...and the ‘dinosaur,’ ‘past it,’ ‘play rubbish football’ managers like Warnock, Pulis and Bruce have soared past us and continue to actually achieve something rather than talk bollocks in post-match press conferences, using trendy phrasing stolen from text books....the “It’s a no from me” brigade on here haven’t got a clue....

7 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I’d still maintain that, if LJ left today, I’d see him as having done a decent job and that the club are in better shape than when he arrived.

But recent months have been dire and there is no evidence he can turn it around. I think if he stays next season it will undo the progress we have actually made.

To be honest I'm not convinced. His performance to now directly affects who stays and goes, and who joins and who doesn't. You'd have to consider our squad post summer window to see if he'd left us better off. I think he'd have left a decent financial performance, but our prospects could look as bleak as when he arrived. 

Archived