IGNORED

Marlon Pack - new Agent

CyderInACan

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Nooooo

I’m amazed that anyone takes Tommy’s intoxicated rants so seriously or personally

Yes I guess people are used to him and what to expect. But he’s not so pissed he can’t type, and no doubt will still believe the same when he sobers up. Go to bed Tommy.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

They are a bit more than lookalike WAGS, they are infact sisters. So if Flint did marry his, him and Pack would be brother-in-laws. 

Ahhhhhhhhh

Ta. - Makes sense now M 

Have to laugh Flinty g/f is literally half  his height !

Still he’s happy - all tha5 matters 

The only player from this season who I can unequivocally say I would shake the hand of for consistantly putting in effort. If he does go, bigger loss than Bryan and on par with Bobby for me if the latter two leave.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

A lot of interest in Marlon from above. I fear this signals the end for one of the mainstays of the team. 

Who he’s going to be replaced with is my biggest concern. 

I'd just move Brownhill centrally and spend a decent chunk on a winger or if Huddersfield stay up then look at Joe Lolley. 

Marlon pack is the most important player in the team class at what he does. Absolute rolls royce of a championship midfielder, some players run around like headless chickens all game trying to prove how "good" they are, whereas pack controls the game with absolute ease which largely goes unnoticed. We must do everything we can to keep him, build the team around him and make him captain.

Pack will never be bought by a premier league club. He is not the type to command a big fee because holding type midfielders who don’t score and don’t assist much do not. A new agent means nothing except he feels this one can make him a bit more money for what is probably going to be his last or second to last big contract. Stop over reacting to everything. Pack will be here next season for sure. When he goes it will be on a free or very little in his last 6 months. 

I am with Tommy on this. We want to be a top 6 club, Pack is a bench player. Just like Mags, Wright, Paterson, O’Dowda and Pisano. Just because they were a key part of a good season doesn’t make them key parts in a better one. 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Pack will never be bought by a premier league club. He is not the type to command a big fee because holding type midfielders who don’t score and don’t assist much do not. A new agent means nothing except he feels this one can make him a bit more money for what is probably going to be his last or second to last big contract. Stop over reacting to everything. Pack will be here next season for sure. When he goes it will be on a free or very little in his last 6 months. 

I am with Tommy on this. We want to be a top 6 club, Pack is a bench player. Just like Mags, Wright, Paterson, O’Dowda and Pisano. Just because they were a key part of a good season doesn’t make them key parts in a better one. 

If Pack is a bench player in this squad then by that standard we’d only be playing with Bobby Reid on the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’ll have a fiver with you on that. 

I would do that. But for fun sway me? I can’t think of any similar players that went for large fees. Same with Smith. Players like Bridcutt, Jedinak, Whelan, Livermore etc seem to move clubs for very little quite often. Could throw Gary O’Neil in that two. Just how I feel. Good player but not one people are queuing to pay a big fee for

Just now, Enter Sandman said:

If Pack is a bench player in this squad then by that standard we’d only be playing with Bobby Reid on the pitch. 

Not in this squad in a top 6 one. Definitely a first XI in this squad but this squad will 9/10 times finish outside the top 6

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Not in this squad in a top 6 one. Definitely a first XI in this squad but this squad will 9/10 times finish outside the top 6

Yeah. And I’m saying that if you’re assessing a top 6 squad, and you think Pack wouldn’t be in it, then neither would the rest of our squad bar Reid 

Initially I must admit that Marlon is not one of my favourite members of the squad. However, the major reason for this could be that he's one of two defensive midfielders that seem far to similar to me. Both of whom, IMO, are too negative in attack and who both wander forward too much and then get caught out of position by a lofted ball over the top of them. 

But if Pack was played as a defensive midfielder a la mode to Khalifa Cisse, his aerial ability and break up play would suit the role. Especially if we went to a back three! 

Plus the fact that if more than a couple go in the summer, we could end up with a big rebuild rather than a smooth changeover. But I would understand if he wants new surroundings. 

14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Kante, not saying Pack is same level but that role can still fetch a big fee.

Pack does have good games but also has poor games. There is certainly something very wrong with the midfield at the moment which needs to be addressed. If we are honest with ourselves, will that midfield have enough quality to challenge for promotion next season. 

17 minutes ago, Enter Sandman said:

I've just posted my thoughts which contradict Joe's. But I also understand where he is coming from, because I've said the same about Pack in the past; if we are really going to go on a push for promotion, we need the next step or two up in quality over him. 

9 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Pack does have good games but also has poor games. There is certainly something very wrong with the midfield at the moment which needs to be addressed. If we are honest with ourselves, will that midfield have enough quality to challenge for promotion next season. 

There haven't been many of the latter tho Robin. Thinking back I can recall many where I'd question Korey more than Marlon.

Brentford springs to mind as an exmaple of a midfield without him.

6 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Every player has poor games, but even then there is no lack of effort. Many, many times he has looked like he is one of the few to try to get a foothold on a game and grind something out by bringing others into play. He does go so deep at times he seems more part of the defence, and at times they have needed the extra protection. This has limited his opportunity to get the ball forward hence the moans. But if the defence were more settled and composed he could be allowed to play his own game.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

This has got to THE most unfair and uncalled for comment I have ever read on here. 

Fair enough you are entitled to your opinion but, with respect, you couldn’t be more wrong.

Actually forget that, I cannot respect you if you think that of one of the players who truly has never hidden. 

You put it so much better than me there, M!

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don’t think so EMB

They were all smiles and laughs in Flints car with their lookalike blonde other halves , after game with I presume Flint driving them all home

Pack was one of the worst Sunday - Truly abysmal

Think he’s off - and have done since Brentford

To be honest, Bob, after that game I wished they'd all piss off! 

1 hour ago, BCFC Grim said:

That's fine for us then. January showed we have no ambition for that.

One of those players who you notice more when he doesn't play. Midfield is non existent when he is absent.

Was gonna say the same....Marlon is like the bass player in a band....holds everything together and provides the rhythm....and you only notice them when they stop playing....

Archived