IGNORED

Summer tours 2018. Cricket.

EmissionImpossible

1 minute ago, Super said:

Big announcement from ECB at 12. Cook to retire possibly?

2 other ideas, Bayliss leaving test team (but hasn't he already set a date?) or they're canning the 100 ball idea, but that would be strange given they've organised test events for end of season. Cook makes most sense going out on a test series win and a chance for a new player to get their chance with 1 game left with little pressure, wait for England to pick Vince again...

The record-breaker

• Most Test runs for England - 12,254
  • Most Test centuries for England - 32
  • Most 150+ scores by England player - 11
  • Most Test appearances for England - 160
  • Most consecutive Test appearances by any player - 158
  • Most Tests as England captain - 59
  • Most Test defeats as England captain - 22

2 hours ago, hodge said:

I really hope he can get the 150 or so he needs to finish above Sangakkara and in the top 5 run scorers

Bringing it up with a 6! Apparently has never hit one in a test match? (not sure how true that is!)

what a bellend

Piers Morgan
Farewell Alastair Cook. I'll be honest: I can't forgive him for wrecking 's England career, he bored me to tears as a batsman, has barely scored an important Test run for years & it's weird he never sweats. But he gave his all for England & played many invaluable innings.

My views on this are mixed. Cook will always be known as one of the all time greats of English cricket and deserves all the plaudits. However since Strauss retired he has been far from his best on a consistent basis. However quite how this will leave England's opening order as the only sure pick in our top 4 is Root and he is low on form. We have a chance to look at some of our younger, up and coming batsmen to pair off and maybe form an opening partnership to last a decade.

23 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Hahaha how to get a ton mind ?

22 minutes ago, hodge said:

Outstanding :clap: and to get there via overthrows :laugh:

I doubt it`s the way he wanted to do it but hey ho.

Nice one Cookie. Anyone else think Essex will be different gravy in the CC next season with him in the side full time? Might be worth a cheeky bet.

Archived