IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

8 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Get eisa for £1m, offer him to Peterborough for £1m and 50% sell on. Then buy Eisa for £6m. Easy, way cheaper than Marriott. 

14 minutes ago, 42nite said:

:blink:

Why not just buy Eisa for £1m and keep him?

9 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

As Winston Churchill said, this post is a riddle wrapped up in an enigma 

He certainly makes more sense on the Podcast :) 

14 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Eisa at 1 million would seem better to lansdown as well I expect 

I've championed Eisa a bit now.

I don't think SL & LJ by the signings we've made are likely to take a punt for a mil, more likely, for now at least the policy looks likely to be buy proven quality, I don't think we will pay Marriott what his agent wants in wages however.

1 hour ago, BOSRed said:

Leeds turning attention to kodjia instead of vydra. Extra bonus for us. Get bonus payments from kodjia re-sale, plus Derby don't sell their most valuable asset leaving us free to complete Marriott purchase. Win win!

I think we are offering what Peterborough want but Marriott wants too much in wages and rightly so we won't pay stupid wages.

47 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

I think we are offering what Peterborough want but Marriott wants too much in wages and rightly so we won't pay stupid wages.

You are correct.

On pitance at Peterborough and now expects 20k or more a week.

That wont happen at Ashton Gate for sure. 

What the lad has to understand is that he could quite easily use Bristol City as a stepping stone to much bigger things.

6 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

You are correct.

What the lad has to understand is that he could quite easily use Bristol City as a stepping stone to much bigger things.

Yep, exactly this. Still young enough to rise to the very top if he wants it enough but if it’s been stalling this long because of his wage demands then I think we should just sack him off and get a player who wants to be here. He’s got to realise his place in the pecking order value wise and realise he must earn the right to top money by proving he can do it at this level. 

6 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

You are correct.

Negotiating this deal must be a nightmare for MA. Out of the Barry Frying pan into the Marriott's of fire

1 hour ago, YorkshireSection said:

Didn't fat Barry state that none of the interested clubs have bid enough for him to take it to the board? I'm sure he did.

“Eight clubs are chasing Jack, but I still haven’t received a bid worthy of taking to the board of directors,” Fry said to the Peterborough Telegraph , speaking from the EFL chairman's conference in Portugal.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jack-marriott-bristol-city-transfer-1648373

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

You are correct.

He's not correct, we haven't had a bid accepted for him yet but have bid 3 times so clearly we think we can meet his terms if we're given permission to speak to him.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Didn't fat Barry state that none of the interested clubs have bid enough for him to take it to the board  to bank a big wedge for myself ?

I'm sure he did.

More like it.

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

This is kind of what makes me excited about the signings we’ve made so far, they’re likely to have been on very similar or even more at their old clubs, Derby/Shef Wed especially pay big wages compared to us, so the fact they’re willing to come here for not much of a wage increase, if any, shows their intent of playing and succeeding, not trying to squeeze as much as possible into their already overflowing wallets..

26 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

He's not correct, we haven't had a bid accepted for him yet but have bid 3 times so clearly we think we can meet his terms if we're given permission to speak to him.

But a bid can only e accepted if the player wants to join the said club.

Peterborough don't have to say yes to any bids unless the price is acceptable to their valuation.

A player not wanting to join a said club wouldn't be broadcast as it's a tool to drive the transfer fee up.

How stupid would they be to say, we accepted a bid of ?million but Jack doesnt want to join.

They can continue saying we've not had an offer that's acceptable with all party's.

You don't go to a poker game and show your hand and cash with the first or last hand.

4 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

This is kind of what makes me excited about the signings we’ve made so far, they’re likely to have been on very similar or even more at their old clubs, Derby/Shef Wed especially pay big wages compared to us, so the fact they’re willing to come here for not much of a wage increase, if any, shows their intent of playing and succeeding, not trying to squeeze as much as possible into their already overflowing wallets..

Agree with that mate. Wednesday and Derby have been close but missed the boat in recent seasons and the players must want a similiar but fresh challenge.They must be thinking that City are worth the move and of course they have the promotion push experience we need.

18 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Peterborough don't have to say yes to any bids unless the price is acceptable to their valuation.

A player not wanting to join a said club wouldn't be broadcast as it's a tool to drive the transfer fee up.

How stupid would they be to say, we accepted a bid of ?million but Jack doesnt want to join.

They can continue saying we've not had an offer that's acceptable with all party's.

You don't go to a poker game and show your hand and cash with the first or last hand.

Are you on the brexit negotiating committee?

55 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Grabban has signed for forest, does that clear the way for marriott to come here? 

According to the BBC they’ve now spent 24 million this summer , look out the team that has to play them on the first day !

6 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

I don’t think we want to sign him anymore....ever since Weimann was a done-deal.

Lets be fair, £6.5m is too much for a “One Season Wonder” in League One

Could say same about Reid to cardiff

1 hour ago, YorkshireSection said:

That's not how I understand it. You have to have a bid accept it before it goes to wages etc.
That said , no doubt the agent will talk to the club, the club will have an idea of what to offer and if the player is viable. But you have to meet the owning clubs demands first. Didn't we have a bid accepted for a striker , which after talks he decided to go elsewhere.

Archived