IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

indeed is city pay the 8 million that they want for him then they've paid 6 million too much

Don’t think that’s true at all. If £10-15m is 20 goals at this level then I can’t see how nearly 30 at the level below can ever be £2m. Maybe 5 years ago. 

19 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

MacAnthony states that whoever buys Marriott will get promoted.

He should put his money where his mouth is , sell the lad for what he's really worth , 2 million say , with 4 million as add on when the buying club goes up this season.

l

If you believe McAnthony, Marriott is the second coming! Whoever gets him will see if he can walk on water. 

30 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

MacAnthony states that whoever buys Marriott will get promoted.

He should put his money where his mouth is , sell the lad for what he's really worth , 2 million say , with 4 million as add on when the buying club goes up this season.

l

Just like Peterborough got promoted in a worse league...

What a plonker he is.

3 hours ago, Bedred31 said:

A small - and in my experience a pretty decent local club - holding out for the best price is not 'whoring'. Peterborough are just doing what their fans would expect and we would (or should) do when the big boys try and poach one of your best players.

I've also met Barry Fry on a few occasions - he used to live in my street and we used the same local Chinese restaurant. He's larger than life and undoubtedly a barrow boy, usually attempting to negotiate a discount (yes even for Chinese) with a large roll of grubby banknotes. He's also open, chatty, polite and respectful to people like me who want to continually butt in and talk footy.      

IMG_0303.JPG

4 hours ago, Johnr1986 said:

Depends on how much they still owe us,  6mill plus the 4-5 mill from the original deal = 10-11mill and add the fact Villa are desperate for the cash ! 

If they really are desperate for cash, then they'd rather sell him to someone for eg 8m cash, rather than 6m cash and a 4m debt write off.

They can always delay paying the debt, cash in the pocket is much more important. 

3 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I’m bored of this now. I don’t care anymore whether we get Marriott or not. 

Me neither.

Equally totally bored of MacAnthony and his relentless promotion of his players on social media.

They aren’t perfect in always signing prolific strikers either, despite claiming that they are.

The bloke they signed from Exeter and who now resides North of the river (Nichols?) was a total dud for them as well as for the blue few.

Hope everyone calls their bluff and looks elsewhere.

11 hours ago, Lew-T said:

You could argue that Matty Taylor fits that description. We haven’t seen him have a fully fit season, so perhaps LJ has him in his plans this year.

I think he might well do, and as several have commented, looks like he partners Diedhiou well.

I’m certainly happy to see him given that chance.

As it stands I can see him starting with Weimann just off him.  Be interesting to see where Pato fits in, unless we are going to genuinely rotate.

18 hours ago, hodge said:

Think at this stage I'd offer Villa £5m/£6m for Hogan and see how interested they are. 

Would City consider the return of Kodjia? 

There seemed to be an air of disrespect in him for City on his departure; Lee will say he was not my signing; yet Villa are in deep financial woe and they still owe City a bundle of cash. 

There are probably far better options for Kodjia I admit but there may be something in his contract that requires Villa to not only pay City in full when he moves on but also pays out the sell on fee as well; Villa may not be in a position to do that, City know that and they also know that it would be more financial agreeable to both parties if he returned to Ashton Gate. 

As for the player; he may not have been disrespectful; we may have that all wrong but equally he may not wish to return here; that much is likely.

As for City; they may plainly not entertain the idea even if all of the above are positives for the club.

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Would City consider the return of Kodjia? 

There seemed to be an air of disrespect in him for City on his departure; Lee will say he was not my signing; yet Villa are in deep financial woe and they still owe City a bundle of cash. 

There are probably far better options for Kodjia I admit but there may be something in his contract that requires Villa to not only pay City in full when he moves on but also pays out the sell on fee as well; Villa may not be in a position to do that, City know that and they also know that it would be more financial agreeable to both parties if he returned to Ashton Gate. 

As for the player; he may not have been disrespectful; we may have that all wrong but equally he may not wish to return here; that much is likely.

As for City; they may plainly not entertain the idea even if all of the above are positives for the club.

We could do what Wolves did recently - "buy" Kodjia from Villa to settle what they owe us and immediately sell him on to whoever wants him to recoup our money.

Having said that, as others have commented Villa probably need ready cash, so would rather sell elsewhere to bring in finds as they can worry about what they us at a later date.

I see Marriott as a speculate to accumulate. Not worth 6 mill but due to market and demand, he is. Bobby wasn't worth 10 mill but hey ho. If we got Marriott for 6 mill and he banged in 20 goals in the championship, we could have a 10-15mill player on our hands which would give us a tidy profit should we sell.

its less risk simply because he proven as a goal scorer and although the championship is tougher, I'm sure he can only improve playing with better players in a better league.

i really think we should just get it done and get one over on our rivals, strengthen our team further, and if we need to sell someone, at least we're not worrying about not having a replacement.

Archived