IGNORED

£17million? Laughing all the way to the bank!

reddogkev

On 29/06/2018 at 11:32, Robbored said:

According to the Tractor Boys Webster is something of a sick note. Only played 25 games for them last season........hope he can stay fit this coming season.

This is what I’ve heard from Ipswich supporting mate.  Brilliant player but only played half of the last two seasons..... that’s far from ideal if that continues. 

12 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think Villa and Sunderland point to what can go wrong if you are a PL team and continue to recruit and pay like a PL team when you are relegated.

However I stand by my assertion that we'll never get anywhere if we become a selling club - balancing the books by eviscerating the core of the team each summer.  We can bring in loads of new guys, but they won't have played together and will take a while to bed in.

Tbh I really fear the worst this season. We are not going about things sensibly. 

My heights exactly... I’ve a bad feeling about this season. 

I think these two sales also suggest that we’re not quite the wheeler dealers we think we are. I’d suggest Pulis and Warnock have the better end of both deals. 

Which, in turn, has got me thinking.... interesting that our boys were happy to jump ship and sign for these two much maligned managers.... rather than stay with our visionary board/management team... they were also in the minority who seemed up for it in the second half of the season.  Worrying times. 

Let's have some realism. Reid in last year of his contract to find a club mad enough to spend 10mil is our gain. Personally I think Reid is mad to go to Cardiff and their style of football....especially with Warnock coming out and saying how he can play in behind the strikers etc.

10 mil thank you very much I was expecting somewhere in the 7 region max.

As for flint 7 mil plus for a 29 year old who has had some horrendous spells here thank you boro.

10 hours ago, Londoner said:

Let's have some realism. Reid in last year of his contract to find a club mad enough to spend 10mil is our gain. Personally I think Reid is mad to go to Cardiff and their style of football....especially with Warnock coming out and saying how he can play in behind the strikers etc.

10 mil thank you very much I was expecting somewhere in the 7 region max.

As for flint 7 mil plus for a 29 year old who has had some horrendous spells here thank you boro.

Agree, £10m probably a million or two over what I thought we’d get.  £7m maybe a million under.

On 29/06/2018 at 11:32, Robbored said:

According to the Tractor Boys Webster is something of a sick note. Only played 25 games for them last season........hope he can stay fit this coming season.

He didn’t play 25 games. 

He played 28 games. He was out for 3 months with one ankle injury. 

Hardly qualifies as a “sick note”..!

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You think Watkins and Webster are poor signings?    :dunno:

I don’t think they are poor signings full stop. But I would have liked them to compliment the players we have lost, not to replace them. There are other players who I would have liked to have been sold  ( yes realising a lot less cash, and a lot less interest from buyers). But that’s in my ‘ideal world’ scenario in my head.

In short, I wanted cake and the cherry on the top instead of staring into a bowl full of ingredients and reaching for the cook book. 

9 hours ago, billywedlock said:

We really spent well the Kodja money did we not.. Money no good if in the hands of a bunch of bull shitters 

Famara Diedhou and O'Dowda come straight to mind, also Nathan Baker was a good, solid purchase.

I reckon we spent the money pretty well.

We're still laughing all the way to the bank.

In terms of self-sustainability etc.

I think at this level it's more a case of stemming the losses and making it sustainable in FFP terms. e.g. losing under £13m as low as possible each year.

Profitability or breakeven?

As a big fish in League One, happy to stay there, or in the PL with all the TV money.

However, in the Championship? Nope, won't happen- maybe a club like Barnsley or Burton, with limited ambitions based on size etc may be able to work it, but in general at this level no not at all IMO.

Archived