IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly signs a new deal

Jerseybean

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Great that he's signed but wtf is he wearing a hoodie in some of the warmest weather we've experienced in the UK in the last decade? He's either as cool as ice or he's not ironed a tshirt.

Perhaps the aircon at Failand is too cool..............:dunno:

Just now, JBFC II said:

Great that we are able to sell mags and replace him with someone who I'd say is already a better player 

I agree. LK obviously has bags of potential, looking at him he could easily be one of the best we've ever produced.

The more I think about Kelly the more I think he is ready to play the whole season. Get him out there. @Davefevs might not agree though. If he does play I just hope we cut him some slack. He may have some bad games and moments but he is a smooth defender. Vyner similar. Natural athletes. Their movement doesn’t look mechanical. They can turn their hips quickly and think it bodes well for them at fullback until ready to play CB. Kelly for LB and Vyner back up RB for me. With so much negativity lately this is great news and what we should be talking more about

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

The more I think about Kelly the more I think he is ready to play the whole season. Get him out there. @Davefevs might not agree though. If he does play I just hope we cut him some slack. He may have some bad games and moments but he is a smooth defender. Vyner similar. Natural athletes. Their movement doesn’t look mechanical. They can turn their hips quickly and think it bodes well for them at fullback until ready to play CB. Kelly for LB and Vyner back up RB for me. With so much negativity lately this is great news and what we should be talking more about

I remember thinking exactly this about LK when he had a run at the back end of last season.

I think Pisano will be a stop gap this year for Vyner and LJ will go out and find someone in a similar mould to cover for Kelly, that is assuming Bryan is off.

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

LJ’s quotes today pretty much infer LK starts.  What I was worried about was a back four inc LK and ZV for a big chunk of the season, e.g. if Flint was sold and we didn’t bring in anyone of pedigree.

However, with Webster coming in, I see a back four of Wright (Pisano) / Webster / Baker / Kelly, and I’m fairly comfortable with that.  Backed up by Hegeler, Moore and Vyner (not in that order).

11 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I remember thinking exactly this about LK when he had a run at the back end of last season.

I think Pisano will be a stop gap this year for Vyner and LJ will go out and find someone in a similar mould to cover for Kelly, that is assuming Bryan is off.

I rate Pisano when fit. May need to rotate that back 4 quite a bit to keep everyone fit. A risk but if we can’t keep Pisano, Webster and Baker fit then it will be a tough one. Rotating would allow us to pick and choose when we use our squad instead of having them out during a tough stretch. 

Agree Pisano is a stop gap. Even said it when we signed him. 

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

LJ’s quotes today pretty much infer LK starts.  What I was worried about was a back four inc LK and ZV for a big chunk of the season, e.g. if Flint was sold and we didn’t bring in anyone of pedigree.

However, with Webster coming in, I see a back four of Wright (Pisano) / Webster / Baker / Kelly, and I’m fairly comfortable with that.  Backed up by Hegeler, Moore and Vyner (not in that order).

Agree with that though I’d have Pisano starting and Vyner rotating. Wright rotating with Webster/Baker when needed. Hegeler possibly but think Wright may get most minutes from the back up. I know Pisano is not everyone’s favourite but looked more than comfortable in a solid side. Who knows how we would have faired if he stayed fit. I imagine not far off how we did

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Great that he's signed but wtf is he wearing a hoodie in some of the warmest weather we've experienced in the UK in the last decade? He's either as cool as ice or he's not ironed a tshirt.

Trying to look "cool" even if he's roasting underneath such clothing. 

I'm really excited about Lloyd and Zak getting meaningful game time this season. 

32 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I rate Pisano when fit. May need to rotate that back 4 quite a bit to keep everyone fit. A risk but if we can’t keep Pisano, Webster and Baker fit then it will be a tough one. Rotating would allow us to pick and choose when we use our squad instead of having them out during a tough stretch. 

Agree Pisano is a stop gap. Even said it when we signed him. 

Agree with that though I’d have Pisano starting and Vyner rotating. Wright rotating with Webster/Baker when needed. Hegeler possibly but think Wright may get most minutes from the back up. I know Pisano is not everyone’s favourite but looked more than comfortable in a solid side. Who knows how we would have faired if he stayed fit. I imagine not far off how we did

I really like Pisano, I'm worried that last season’s injury at 31 might have taken its toll.  Would love to see the Pisano of Aug/Sept.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I really like Pisano, I'm worried that last season’s injury at 31 might have taken its toll.  Would love to see the Pisano of Aug/Sept.

Could be but injury aside 31 is not terribly old for full backs. Lichsteiner, Bruno and Dani Alves all spring to mind now could be exceptions but experienced and keep themselves physically fit. Can see Pisano being similar and we see many Italians playing well into their 30s. If that hamstring is right I don’t worry too much about him. 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Could be but injury aside 31 is not terribly old for full backs. Lichsteiner, Bruno and Dani Alves all spring to mind now could be exceptions but experienced and keep themselves physically fit. Can see Pisano being similar and we see many Italians playing well into their 30s. If that hamstring is right I don’t worry too much about him. 

That’s the Q for me - his hamstring.

If it’s 100% I have no doubts.  It’s recovering at 31 that might be tough.

Hope he dies make a proper return though.

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Quality news. Comments from LJ about creating a spot in the first team for him.

It is great news - but LJ did say when we signed Engvall - “I’m sure he will adjust quickly to the pace and tempo of the championship” and then never gave him a chance - but hopefully Lloyd is given the right chances at the right time to express himself because it looks like there’s a proper footballer in there somewhere....

Archived