IGNORED

England vs Colombia : Official Matchday Thread

Selred

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Blimey, I knew it was a good save but bloody hell!! :worship2:

Didn't deserve to concede from the resulting corner after a save like that.

Very relieved. I had zero confidence we’d win the penalty shootout and I’m overjoyed to have been proved wrong.

Overall I thought England did well to get in front in what was a battle of a game. In the last 15 mins and most of extra time I thought we were disappointing - we didn’t really hold onto the ball and when Colombia were pressing we didn’t pose any real threat on the counter attack. Lessons to be learned there. 

Feeling exhausted after that game  but I also might have trouble getting to sleep. Football certainly puts us through it.

Gareth Southgate is doing an incredible job, given how 90% of fans didn't want him in the role (probably me included at the time I don't remember, think I thought of him as a stopgap) the way he's brought a new style to the team and brought in younger players as been nothing short of exceptional. I really hope he's guaranteed his position until after 2022 at least, this is the most positive I've been about England in all memory.

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

amazing save!

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Blimey, I knew it was a good save but bloody hell!! :worship2:

3 minutes ago, Super said:

:clap:

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Been waiting to see a replay of that one.

What a great save.

Just a shame they scored from the resulting corner. It deserved to be match-defining.

13 minutes ago, Offside said:

I really like the way he has conducted himself as England manager - calm and articulate but obviously cares deeply.

He’s the most likeable England manager for years. You get the sense that everyone is willing him to do well, which is massively refreshing.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

He’s the most likeable England manager for years. You get the sense that everyone is willing him to do well, which is massively refreshing.

...and that the players want to play for him and each other.

This sums Gareth up for me, the most genuine of guys you can find, read the whole thread of tweets. 

18 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

How Sterling plays for a top ten Prem side beggars belief. Utterly hopeless first half. 

Just blame me. Two decent size multiple bets went down because I naively thought an England starting forward might manage 1 shot on target against the Columbians. A single shot, starting forward......

I think that's now two goals in 35 or so, both against teams of amateur part timers. They should  rename him The England Engvald.

The players are playing for him and each other, they can relate to him and vice versa.

So refreshing to see and is what takes you far in competitions 

18 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I’ll repeat what I said earlier. I really like this England team.

For NFL fans amongst us, I’m a big Eagles fan and they remind me of the the Eagles team that just won their first Super Bowl.

Good character, good youth and a real star in Kane.

Won £5k off Ernz last touchdown scorer (among others) :thumbsup:

Archived