IGNORED

England vs Colombia : Official Matchday Thread

Selred

25 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

even though dier scored! ok. ..

Henderson’s was more in the corner. Was a great save.

Dier’s wasn’t quite as far in the corner.

Sometimes well taken penalties are saved and average penalties go in, however I agree in that the only good penalty is a scored penalty.

A few comments from tonight, we deserved to win despite the woeful substitutions, how good have Maguire and Trippier been? did Lingard play tonight? Varney  should be ashamed of himself (Leicester penalty taker) instead of putting the onus on Rashford who has never taken a professional penalty and please don’t let ITV have any more exclusive games ( no problem with the studio pundits) but Glen Hoddle is surely the worst pundit on TV

2 minutes ago, miser said:

Is there a Columbia forum ? I'd like to read some tearful/emotional postings to how they was robbed.

Too busy with 'GoKane'

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

No sign of our OTIB Swedish brethren tonight? That will be an interesting debate to come.

Because they know its coming home

8 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Henderson’s was more in the corner. Was a great save.

Dier’s wasn’t quite as far in the corner.

Sometimes well taken penalties are saved and average penalties go in, however I agree in that the only good penalty is a scored penalty.

Henderson's whilst further in the corner was at an "easier" hight for the keeper...

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Anyone know that Rashford had never taken a pen at senior level before

Bet you’re glad u didn’t at the time !!

Far play to him - Slotted

:clapping:

Very glad I didn’t know that at the time!

I was worried when he stepped up - he didn’t look confident and did one of those shuffling run-ups. Looks can be deceiving though because it was a very well-struck penalty.

4 minutes ago, miser said:

Is there a Columbia forum ? I'd like to read some tearful/emotional postings to how they was robbed.

"My respects to Southgate. Fixing England's mentality problems is not an easy thing. This is a much different England than the one from 2016."

"Neymar is THE biggest cheat in world football, my 4 year old daughter is harder than he is! What the South American teams are doing in this World Cup is ruining the spectacle."

"Too bad James was injured could have went a different way"

Broadly a lot of delicious tears over how the referee was biased and shit and England were play acting.

11 minutes ago, harrys said:

A few comments from tonight, we deserved to win despite the woeful substitutions, how good have Maguire and Trippier been? did Lingard play tonight? Varney  should be ashamed of himself (Leicester penalty taker) instead of putting the onus on Rashford who has never taken a professional penalty and please don’t let ITV have any more exclusive games ( no problem with the studio pundits) but Glen Hoddle is surely the worst pundit on TV

I think..thank heavens...that the BBC sweep up from now. And if Glenn Hoddle is the worst pundit Clive Tyldesley has an uncanny knack of saying precisely what you don't want to hear more or less from beginning to end...dreadful commentator...as for the adverts...

15 minutes ago, miser said:

They have a poster called Robbowhitepowder, whose post about the defeat to  England was," I'll only believe it when it's on the OS"

32 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Anyone know that Rashford had never taken a pen at senior level before

Bet you’re glad u didn’t at the time !!

Far play to him - Slotted

:clapping:

that one was the pick of the bunch for me.to cope with the pressure as well as score was pure class from the young man

The difference between Henderson and dier pens is simple.

Keeper went all out to save Henderson where as with dier he didn't go straight away in case dier went down the middle.

Hence why he got slight hand but moved too late without the conviction he did for henderson.

To put It simply, keeper was covering two basis with dier.....gone all out like he did for Henderson he saves it

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

They have a poster called Robbowhitepowder, whose post about the defeat to  England was," I'll only believe it when it's on the OS"

I doubt he's bothered. I want to hear from the gutted.

30 minutes ago, harrys said:

I thought Maguire was MOM. Played very well

27 minutes ago, harrys said:

please don’t let ITV have any more exclusive games ( no problem with the studio pundits) but Glen Hoddle is surely the worst pundit on TV

What he's done there, Clive, is, if you look, he's said Glenn Hoddle is surely the worst pundit on TV. He's banged that straight into the forum. If anything, he's commented too well on it. 

Having a few celebratory drinks back at the hotel bar in Moscow. 

Really don’t fancy going through that again. Feel like I’ve aged ten years in one night. 

Certainly not a vintage England performance but I’ve said on here before that tournaments are all about staying alive by whatever means (Portugal did it brilliantly two years ago). I thought we were on the ropes for the first half of extra time and that if Colombia had gone for it, they may well have got a second goal. The team rallied a bit in the second half of extra time. 

Still concerned that we can’t keep a clean sheet - sooner or later that’s going to be our undoing. 

Anyway, onward to Samara. Tonight wasn’t good for the ticker or for the bank balance....

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Doesn't help that every game is like an away game. The neutrals are generally on our side out there but it's the piss poor number of England fans compared to the opposition that is against us.

Neutral's on our side? as Shania would say you gotta be joking right! 

2 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I’ll repeat what I said earlier. I really like this England team.

For NFL fans amongst us, I’m a big Eagles fan and they remind me of the the Eagles team that just won their first Super Bowl.

Good character, good youth and a real star in Kane.

I remember the BBC interviewing Southgate at one of the Super Bowls, he said he was there to see what he could take from the NFL and put it into our sport, I think what he took away from that he has put it into our set plays and that’s why we are so dangerous from them.

Archived