IGNORED

England v Sweden : Official Matchday Thread

Red Army 75

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Players like McGuire and Trippier and others must be pinching themselves 

It is something now that the team of 'big names' 'golden generation' has gone, and replaced by hungrier young players, that has made a difference.

Not taking much interest in the Prem, I must admit to having to look up which teams some of this squad play for!

Very accomplished performance from England. 

Sterling gave their defence problems throughout, Henderson was a rock in the middle and Pickford's goalkeeping was excellent. Maguire gave a stand-out performance too. 

Time to crack open another beer.

17 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Pickford, Trippier and Maguire will find themselves in the team of the tournament for sure. All 3 tremendous especially Maguire majestic on the ball and going forward. Player of the tournament so far.

Why on earth we didn't try to sign him I'll never know .

:whistle2:

37 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

?

2 missed one on ones, not one cross that never hit the first defender, getting caught in possession and no killer passes in and around the box.

Agree he should have done better with the one one on one (easy for me to say) that wasn't offside, but he was a thorn in their side all day - they couldn't play him. I'm by no means his biggest fan, but I think he did really well for us today 

Three overridng thoughts;

a) I really didnt expect England to see a Semi Final in 2018, so fan bloody tastic

b) It must be getting seriously tiring for the Scots to keep changing the team they support every time an England fixture is due

c) If Harry McGuire starts the season at Leicester I'll be amazed. 

1 minute ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Three overridng thoughts;

a) I really didnt expect England to see a Semi Final in 2018, so fan bloody tastic

b) It must be getting seriously tiring for the Scots to keep changing the team they support every time an England fixture is due

c) If Harry McGuire starts the season at Leicester I'll be amazed. 

Maguire has to be England's player of the tournament - Very much like Bobby Moore in the way he is so comfortable with the ball at feet

Wouldn't be surprised to see him at a big club in the near future 

1 minute ago, INCRED said:

Maguire has to be England's player of the tournament - Very much like Bobby Moore in the way he is so comfortable with the ball at feet

Wouldn't be surprised to see him at a big club in the near future 

Bristol City?:ph34r:

Archived