IGNORED

England v Sweden : Official Matchday Thread

Red Army 75

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

His movement has been great but in front of goal he has been very poor.

The first time he was saved by being offside, but the second time- yes good goalkeeping- he only had to do a 3 yard layoff to Kane after the 'keeper stopped him.

Instead he checked back which let the defenders get back.

Very poor ?

How many in the WC would have taken that down and scored and great keeping was the key

As for laying off to Kayne - will have to watch back but defender had Kane covered I thought

About time people appreciate what he gives us and what he does do rather than what they think he can’t do

HIS MAIN ROLE IN THE SIDE IS NOT GOAL RETURN

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not about just ‘working’ 

He’s the only one pulling defenders all over the place making runs to create holes for others

Where would you rank him on the first half performance,  in England’s 11 ?

Top 3 but his job is to find the net.

Unforgivable technique in a one on one. Not an instinctive striker. Look at his Man City howlers. Carried with better players. Should play deeper.

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Are you watching the same game,he’s in the game while Ali can’t even get a 5 yard pass right 

Ali looks unfit to me.

Sterling has done nothing at all he is and has been piss poor for far too long for England, he cannot go on missing chances or poor crossing or trying to beat one extra man and losing the ball, totally overhyped player, but hey would love to see him score a 2nd half hatrick. Just cannot see it.

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The English trait

Pick on one player and wait for any perceived error

:grr:

He and Trippier our best players

Everything good we’ve done Sterling involved

Greqt Touch But good keeping

Try and look at 3 or 4 others before you even consider Sterling

Our supporters As bad as the media everyone were criticising

I don't disagree Bob - Sterling has been more involved, and better involved, than in the previous games, and certainly more so that Ali, who just doesn';t seem match sharp.

However, as so often with Man City, for all his pace and other ability, when in  front of goal all too often he does seem to struggle to put chances away.

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Very poor ?

How many in the WC would have taken that down and scored and great keeping was the key

As for laying off to Kayne - will have to watch back but defender had Kane covered I thought

About time people appreciate what he gives us and what he does do rather than what they think he can’t do

HIS MAIN ROLE IN THE SIDE IS NOT GOAL RETURN

The control was great, but his end product has been lacking throughout and his decision making is questionable a lot of the time.

I'm not saying he's crap, or that he should be dropped.

Nor am I expecting him to score 5 goals every game, he still should have either scored or set Kane up when he was through the second time

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The control was great, but his end product has been lacking throughout and his decision making is questionable a lot of the time.

I'm not saying he's crap, or that he should be dropped.

Nor am I expecting him to score 5 goals every game, he still should have either scored or set Kane up when he was through the second time

That’s very quick players for you

End product questionable - dozens and dozens over the years

Not sure if I can think of a lightning quick composed finisher in World Football,  ever

Ronaldo as close as it’s ever got I guess

Archived