IGNORED

Line up vs Bournemouth

Finley_Smith10

Glad to see Eliasson play for 90 minutes and he played well.

Eisa looks a talent.

And the midfield looked more stable with Smith and Pack together, however I cannot recall much other than a few half chances and shots from the edge of the box, amongst it's other failures I don't see enough creativity in our midfield in and around the opponents box, in short we lack quality, I think goals will be a problem and not because we don't have the strikers.

Hunt had a better 2nd half, probably had a rollicking at half time and put more effort in defensively but lacks pace.

O'leary did well one great save in the first half.

As for BCTV I subscribed last year and my experience was that I only ever had any problems at all with home games, I tried telling them but nobody gave a shit, I will think long and hard and checkout the undoubted price rises before I commit.

On another positive Famara wasn't involved in any spat tonight, result.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Eliasson looked like new player. Completely different from last season. He's obviously responded to whatever coaching advice he's been getting and although I couldn't tell via my iPad I wonder if he's beefed up a bit.

Its only a pre season game but City played some nice stuff and I'm encouraged by what I saw - I bet LJ is as well.

For me he looked the same sort of player,but the decision making looked much better.  I think   has been worked on a lot because the quality was clear to see for all, there was no chance they were going to let it go the way of Engvall

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Webster scares me a bit defensively. Outmuscled by King(who is strong but known for it) a few times. Maybe just used to Flint but a few half chances because AW didn’t use enough force

Complete contrast to flint though. Looked very much a good reader of the game , calm in possession and good with both feet. 

21 minutes ago, bcdc said:

Since they got the contrast on the main camera sorted out in the first half presentation in general not bad at all; this is their first go, for heaven’s sake.  Commentary not very good, but again thry’ve Got to get experience.  I live in Nottingham, and the chance to see more games live is one I’m certainly not going to turn down. Also no complaints (tonight anyway!)  about buffering or interrupted coverage. All in all, a ?from me.

Glad I don’t work with you lot who are prepared to write them off their first effort.

I agree that it improved..but as someone working in the industry I'd say that it's not that difficult to find someone who can set up, what was it, three cameras? and  direct a match professionally, and to find someone to commentate accurately. You get what you pay for. I wouldn't be paying someone to learn on the job on an occasion like this. I think that City fans accept the mediocre too readily. Across the board. That said as an exile myself the opportunity to watch the match was much appreciated.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Don't think anyone played badly. Taylor wasn't great in his final ball, but excellent movement and pressing that helps everybody else perform. Thought Eisa looked excellent when he came on. Some very neat touches, one great bit of play on the ball, and got away two shots, one that was very well struck from outside the box.

Chalk and cheese.

One can’t control the ball properly so makes up for it by running around a lot, the other has a decent first touch and had more shots on target in his first 30 seconds on the pitch..

Know which one of the two will get goals at this level already..

4 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Really promising performance I thought. Hunt and Webster looked good and Eliasson was outstanding. Promising little cameo from Eisa too. 

I’m optimistic for the season after watching that. Can’t wait for Saturday. 

Don't lose any sleep it's tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I agree that it improved..but as someone working in the industry I'd say that it's not that difficult to find someone who can set up, what was it, three cameras? and  direct a match professionally, and to find someone to commentate accurately. You get what you pay for. I wouldn't be paying someone to learn on the job on an occasion like this. I think that City fans accept the mediocre too readily. Across the board. That said as an exile myself the opportunity to watch the match was much appreciated.

I think on tonight`s showing (and hoping it will improve further with experience) I will subscribe provided it`s not an exorbitant cost - I can`t even get RB commentary down here on the moor so any chance to see a few away games is a bonus. Got until QPR away to decide though I guess as that will be the next one that can be shown?

1 minute ago, cheshire_red said:

Had sound full up and still could only just hear it, needs sorting.

sound was loud on my laptop. sounds like there are issues on various devices.  My only issue was the human factor, camera work and commentary

Good performance. 

Was worried that we aren’t sharp/decisive/brave enough centrally in the final third. Often one pass too many. Still am. Corners are a new worry... with Flinty gone and LJs insistence on a team with an abundance of mini- me’s exposes us with not enough height to defend the box.  

Aside from that, looking good. 

• Admin
8 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

We lost a few high balls into the box which did worry me a bit. I think that is where we will miss Flinty most.

Nothing against the poster, but reading some comments tonights reads like Flint was the only player that could defend 

19 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I do wonder if Bobby Reid notched all those goals due to the high press game that suited him as a striker. Johnson has cleverly picked Weimann to fulfil the role of striker in a high press, just as he did with Reid last season. Weimann looked classy tonight as did Eliasson and Eisa looked great on the ball and very direct.

Been saying something along those lines throughout this off season.

There were very few goals that Bobby scored that only Bobby could score.

A lot of them were down to getting in the right places, something that other players will manage too.

19 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Complete contrast to flint though. Looked very much a good reader of the game , calm in possession and good with both feet. 

Can’t argue any of that. Like the look of him and looks to be encouraged to play his game. Hopefully stays fit and just becomes a bit more aggressive(for me anyway). 

Like the majority on here, very encouraging I thought this evening. A bit difficult to assess our pressing game in a friendly against an opposition who didn't really look up for it, but keeping that intensity (like the during our good spells last season) will be key to success this season.

Elliasson obviously the stand out tonight. Delivery on his left was dangerous all game and that long cross for Weimman was perfect. He went on his right a few times as well which was good to see as he needs to have that variety.

His defensive performance also deserves a mention as from I saw on the stream he always seemed to be helping out the full back even after a number of 40-50 yard sprints forward. 

First impressions of Webster are what I hoped we were buying, comfortable on the ball and not afraid to bring it into midfield. 

Pato looked sharp and Pack showed why he's our best footballer.

Only a friendly, but looking forward to next week with a bit more confidence now

Ok game by us. Happy to see Eliasson play  well. Here in Sweden we know he is a good player. Think LJ is right, bench first season, look and learn the play. This season think Eliasson will be in the starting eleven. The new player from Cheltenham looks good, I like him already. We got lot of options, this season can be better than the last. Always believe, COYR!!!

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Nothing against the poster, but reading some comments tonights reads like Flint was the only player that could defend 

Got to say i was not that concerned with the defending, we didn't look in trouble for mot of the game, we got a little unlucky with the goal we scored,Baker back peddling, and his header got a shed load of spin on it,if it hadn't the striker would never have got the run at him.  That said he could have closed down a bit quicker but may have been off balance to get the early move forward after the jump for his header.

I thought Max had a decent game in goal, but may not have been happy about conceding the goal, even though it it was hit hard and low.

Based on that, I am not so sure we we have too many problems in defence, i thought we looked relatively safe considering it was a prem team... but, it is only a friendly

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Chalk and cheese.

One can’t control the ball properly so makes up for it by running around a lot, the other has a decent first touch and had more shots on target in his first 30 seconds on the pitch..

Know which one of the two will get goals at this level already..

Yep and I properly saw it tonight. For all the good Taylor brings, it is all for naught as he doesn’t have the touch in tight spaces to do anything more. Some really good build up was constantly halted when the ball went to him. Add that to his finishing....

Eisa looked a bit lost but man is he direct. Has good touch and pace. What caught my eye tonight was he seemingly got the ball caught under his feet but always quickly found his footing to get a good shot off. Needs some coaching(his vision looked lacking. Thought some easy passes he missed and was overly selfish on one shot) but there were signs he can be a real threat. 

Pack was absolutely exceptional. What a performance that was.

One major concern is the centre halves backing off too far. If Frank was in goal he'd have told them exactly what he thought of it, but they backed off wayyyyy too far.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I was always confident in these defenders, as on paper we have a very good defence. What I am worried about is being caught out on the break, which is more of a tactical problem. The goal came from a 3 on 3. We should always have 1 extra player than the opponent when they attack or else it takes brilliant last ditch defending, and maybe a bit of luck to get away with it. If we play like this every game, which I am sure is the plan, teams will be looking to get us in such positions on the break.

i agree, but the 3 on 3only materialised after a shitty bit of spin on the header, which i wouldn't put down to bad defending really, we got done there with a bit of bad luck.  But your point is valid, I am not sure we have lots of pace in that defence without Bryan, making the brilliant defending a bit harder, Flint in a foot race was deceptively quick,and I think that is something we have lost more than the heading ability truth be told.

32 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think on tonight`s showing (and hoping it will improve further with experience) I will subscribe provided it`s not an exorbitant cost - I can`t even get RB commentary down here on the moor so any chance to see a few away games is a bonus. Got until QPR away to decide though I guess as that will be the next one that can be shown?

Surely Bolton (a) and Boro (h) are before then? Saturday 3pm ko games. 

Enjoyed the game tonight, thought we played some lovely stuff at times. Eliasson has a cracking game and really think we could see the best of him this season, along with Eisa who looked sharp. Only worry is that we lack depth in the goalkeeping area obviously and at LB if JB is to go with Kelly still being apparantly injured? Does anybody know what’s going on with Adelakun as well as he hasn’t featured since the Cheltenham friendly; not sure he even went to Marbella?

Archived