IGNORED

We all hate Leeds (Merged)

Super

48 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Same with me. When we played them in the cup in ‘68 i was 10 and I was very excited to be going on my first long away trip up north. But my excitement was ruined by the antics of Leeds. The defeat itself I could take (2-0 with goals from Mick Jones and a screamer from Peter Lorimer), but the assault by Sprake on Garland (for which he at least got sent off) and the constant kicking of Quigley was so unnecessary for a team that could have outplayed us at will. The final straw was watching Leeds players spitting on Quigley when (for the umpteenth time) he lay prone on the ground having been hacked down again. 

They had hard bastards all over the pitch. Sprake, Madely, Charlton. Hunter. Bremner and Giles both dirty basted s with Jones, Jordan and Clarke who were all hard buggers.

Revie just wound them up I'm sure and encouraged them to play dirty. I hated them........

Yep we sure do hate Leeds.

Because cardiff and the complete lovely team in the blue and white really are more preferable than a team so irrelevant- not to mention our friends in swinedom.

Only someone with such an utter and complete lack of understanding of BS3 could come up with such shite . Other than Trump's press secretary.

15 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yep we sure do hate Leeds.

Because cardiff and the complete lovely team in the blue and white really are more preferable than a team so irrelevant- not to mention our friends in swinedom.

Only someone with such an utter and complete lack of understanding of BS3 could come up with such shite . Other than Trump's press secretary.

I do hate Leeds fir the reason I posted above. I also have no particular liking for Swindle, as having been brought up in Wiltshire (albeit west and not north east) I got heartily sick of Swindon after they win the League Cup in ‘69. I also have no love for Luton (the club that once banned all away fans) and intensely dislike going to Kenilworth Road. Cardiff and Bristol Rovers are a complete irrelevance to me. 

The point is that different people have different reasons for disliking teams. We are allowed to be individuals and don’t have to be tribal or behave like sheep and follow the herd. The idea that because I support Bristol City it is a given that I should hate all things Welsh or have a passionate hatred for the other EFL team in the city without justification is utterly absurd to me. 

7 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I do hate Leeds fir the reason I posted above. I also have no particular liking for Swindle, as having been brought up in Wiltshire (albeit west and not north east) I got heartily sick of Swindon after they win the League Cup in ‘69. I also have no love for Luton (the club that once banned all away fans) and intensely dislike going to Kenilworth Road. Cardiff and Bristol Rovers are a complete irrelevance to me. 

The point is that different people have different reasons for disliking teams. We are allowed to be individuals and don’t have to be tribal or behave like sheep and follow the herd. The idea that because I support Bristol City it is a given that I should hate all things Welsh or have a passionate hatred for the other EFL team in the city without justification is utterly absurd to me. 

Fair enough.

Whether you hate Leeds and for whatever reason......

just confirm that you hate/dislike them more than , for example, gas, cardiff or swindon. 

The article states that we City fans hate Leeds the most and my point is that this is utter bollox. As footie fans, we don't tend to like other teams and often for the most bizarre or irrational reasons but let's face it- Leeds have no right to be top of our list whilst the other three aforementioned piles of turds do.

I don't really hate anyone for the team they support.  I dislike Leeds because of their dirty tactics under Revie and am not keen on Milwall because if their fans disgusting behaviour over the years.  I certainly don't have any problems with any of the west country teams or fans and dont even hate the sags (I just feel terribly sorry for them and think about how lucky I was to be born on the right side of the City).

As a matter of trivia I hate Wolves, and honestly, more than the Gas or Cardiff.

Back in the nineties was my first trip and have felt the same ever since. I despise it. 

There's something about Wolves. Full of arrogance and yet little or no brains.

Years ago as a teenager was followed and goaded outside Molinuex by some no job no brain t***. After the Benny L 3 or 4-1.

Been the same ever since. One thing I love about English league football is I can find respect for any real supporter and have a drink with them. Most away games too.

But Wolves. Never. Despise them from my various dealings. Less than the Gas but honestly more than Cardiff.

And then like some kind of God ordained punishment, they sign half my countries international players.

It's a horrible joke. And they all wave my flag. It's as low as English football gets for me and quite honestly them getting relegated will be on a par with us ever making it to the Premiership.

8 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

How sad modern football has become.  I hate no other club.  For goodness sake it's only a sport.  Guess many fans of my age, in their 70s, feel the same.

As others have said above an example of silly and nasty journalism.

Agree, I have lots of teams who’s results I look out for, usually City-player connections past and present.

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m with you Bob - I can’t hate a club that gave us Jimmy Mann, Norman Hunter, Johnny Shaw, Ronnie Sinclair, David Rennie, Super Bob Taylor etc etc and for who Joe Jordan and Terry Cooper starred so majestically before making their way to Ashton Gate...

Maybe the survey covers only those up to the age of 21, found in pubs around the area and who had already consumed 4 pints when the survey was undertaken. And through no fault of their own I hasten to add; anybody else that was approached told the rag to get lost.

I have not read the article but did it say how the survey was presented to the average wet behind the ears no sense of history youths while taking another deep burping slurp?

Perhaps there were only 2 questions when it came to Leeds:

You hate Leeds don't you?

Are you sure you don't hate Leeds?

The second is a bit of a tongue twisting sort of double negative so everyone opted for question 1.

The Bristol dog shite Rag at its very finest.

8 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Fair enough.

Whether you hate Leeds and for whatever reason......

just confirm that you hate/dislike them more than , for example, gas, cardiff or swindon. 

The article states that we City fans hate Leeds the most and my point is that this is utter bollox. As footie fans, we don't tend to like other teams and often for the most bizarre or irrational reasons but let's face it- Leeds have no right to be top of our list whilst the other three aforementioned piles of turds do.

This survey only covered a poll of the teams that will be in the Championship next season, therefore Cardiff, Bristol Rovers and Swindon were not included in the poll. Personally, however, Leeds, Swindon and Luton top my own list. 

IMO Their fans are amongst the most obnoxious bunch of bigoted middle aged cretins. They give Yorkshire a bad name & the club is a basket case.

The Championship has most of the teams I dislike apart from carDiv & swindle.

The sags are just a laughing stock

Honestly I dont hate leeds, dislike certainly mostly because of the sense of entitlement their fans have. They think they belong in the top division by some kind of historical right, much like Southampton.

I personally think hate is too strong a word but I do dislike any club who have this sense of entitlement that many do - Leeds, Villa, Forest, QPR to name a few. You are where you are for a reason and your achievements forty years ago mean nothing in 2018.

Strangely, not all clubs` fans are like this even though they could be - Wednesday spring to mind, they could easily try and give it the Billy Big Bollix but don`t and are great to talk to.

17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I personally think hate is too strong a word but I do dislike any club who have this sense of entitlement that many do - Leeds, Villa, Forest, QPR to name a few. You are where you are for a reason and your achievements forty years ago mean nothing in 2018.

Strangely, not all clubs` fans are like this even though they could be - Wednesday spring to mind, they could easily try and give it the Billy Big Bollix but don`t and are great to talk to.

And there you have the answer for the dislike of certain clubs. For me, in the Championship, for every West Brom, Ipswich or Sheffield Wednesday there will always be a Notts Forest, Leeds or QPR.

3 minutes ago, Swede said:

And there you have the answer for the dislike of certain clubs. For me, in the Championship, for every West Brom, Ipswich or Sheffield Wednesday there will always be a Notts Forest, Leeds or QPR.

Exactly. It is great when you stick it up them though - who can forget `You only came for the Villa` season before last?:rofl2br:

I saw that in a recent poll BCFC fans voted for Leeds as the most disliked team in the championship.

After the Fammy shenanigans are Brum now the least favourite ?

I've always disliked them anyway (& ive a soft spit for Leeds)

7 minutes ago, Lee0 said:

I saw that in a recent poll BCFC fans voted for Leeds as the most disliked team in the championship.

After the Fammy shenanigans are Brum now the least favourite ?

I've always disliked them anyway (& ive a soft spit for Leeds)

Yes, Fammy had a soft spit, we are led to believe, for Birmingham and it got him a 6 match ban.

I don't know if you are aware but there's already a thread on this topic.

Archived