IGNORED

Leaving & Returning at half time

Simon79

What’s missing is the good old c word. Common sense.

When I’ve done my season ticket dealings I’ve often been let out once I’ve been in to get others in.

A polite word with a steward on the turnstile and the gate is opened so I can meet up, share the spare ticket/s and get back in.

As do many smokers. 

Sounds like this might have been an inexperienced steward. Then again....

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

By previous comments on here I Think there’s been quite a few buying tickets for South Stand and then sliding into a seat in Lansdown which is why tickets are sometimes checked there

I'm not gonna lie, I've done it a few times myself at half time if there is annoying people near me. But putting stewards on the vomitories is pointless because you can just walk from one stand to the next within the seating.

We had a similar problem with people drinking in the ”beer garden” before games not being able to use the toilets inside the ground and then going out again before going in a second time to watch the game. This was sorted by the club giving supporters the possibility to use a certain entrance to use the toilets. 

24 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We had a similar problem with people drinking in the ”beer garden” before games not being able to use the toilets inside the ground and then going out again before going in a second time to watch the game. This was sorted by the club giving supporters the possibility to use a certain entrance to use the toilets. 

Once again, it was tried but abused by a few. 

51 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I'm not gonna lie, I've done it a few times myself at half time if there is annoying people near me. But putting stewards on the vomitories is pointless because you can just walk from one stand to the next within the seating.

Pointless and unnecessary. It doesn't solve the problem. Not that I believe there is a problem to begin with.

On 06/08/2018 at 08:39, SX227 said:

The club need to be informed asap - asthma is the biggest killer of adults under 30 (except suicide) - the ambulance officers generally arrive too late to use a ventolin nebulizer and anti-inflamatory agents IV.

Asthmatics have ventolin, because it works immediately.

Your son could have died (thank goodness he is OK) and the club would have been hit with a huge lawsuit (potentially) due to the actions of the steward.

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO   would be horrified to hear this!

@dragonreds Im sorry to hear about your experience on Saturday. If you can send supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk an email with the detail of what happened, they will send this onto the stadium team for them to review. I will also mention this to the head of security myself. 

Matt 

On 05/08/2018 at 14:46, BobBobSuperBob said:

Jesus Wept

Wtf

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO - as always , not you’re fault , more than plenty on your plate and I find it uncomfortable with the way some comment , but think you should be at least aware of this thread 

I find both instances incredible 

Edit

Cancel that Matt - Apologies  I somehow missed your post earlier in thread

Glad I did really as  Your prompt recognition and reply on that post speaks volumes to your credit mate

No problem. Just catching up today on stuff from Sunday/Monday. Anything like this should be flagged through supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk as they will sometimes be able to escalate this stuff through faster than I can. 

20 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

@dragonreds Im sorry to hear about your experience on Saturday. If you can send supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk an email with the detail of what happened, they will send this onto the stadium team for them to review. I will also mention this to the head of security myself. 

Matt 

no point in complaining about stewards they have their rules and theres no deviation. basically got in ground early was just settling down for game when son said he could,nt find inhaler. He said it prob fell out of his pocket in the car. I said are you ok. He said fine no problem so I said i,d nip to the car at half time as I park local when they open the doors for the smokers.

that,s when i came accross mr and mrs jobsworth explained situation told them they could even see the car but would not budge despite vigourous pleadings.

i was not rude or swore bloody wanted to just said hope he does,nt have a asthma attack in the next hour to which the reply was we have medical staff on hand in a emergancy.

to be honest its been a long time since he had a issue so was not overly concerned but he likes to have it like a comfort blanket.

to be honest no point in reporting as rules is rules  

20 minutes ago, dragonreds said:

no point in complaining about stewards they have their rules and theres no deviation. basically got in ground early was just settling down for game when son said he could,nt find inhaler. He said it prob fell out of his pocket in the car. I said are you ok. He said fine no problem so I said i,d nip to the car at half time as I park local when they open the doors for the smokers.

that,s when i came accross mr and mrs jobsworth explained situation told them they could even see the car but would not budge despite vigourous pleadings.

i was not rude or swore bloody wanted to just said hope he does,nt have a asthma attack in the next hour to which the reply was we have medical staff on hand in a emergancy.

to be honest its been a long time since he had a issue so was not overly concerned but he likes to have it like a comfort blanket.

Then change the rules

24 minutes ago, dragonreds said:

rules is rules but common sense must prevail

Said it before.

It goes like this. Stewards on the door, unless they are a supervisor (unlikely but who knows)- well I think they don't have the authority to authorise this sort of thing.

In the event of a request such as that in the OP or by @dragonreds the necessary exemptions should of course be made.

However, I'm fairly sure they would need to escalate it for a supervisor to make said decision.

@bristolcitysweden Easy to say of course, making sure it doesn't get taken advantage of or pose a security risk- especially in these times? Not so much.

If you can be scanned in you can be scanned out and then scanned in again. Anyone have used a self scanner at a super store? I scan my milk. Then it strikes me I wan't something else and scan my milk OUT. I then say to myself you should stick to milk. I scan my milk again. This can be done at AG as well. You can get scanned out and you can get scanned in again.  

Archived