IGNORED

How long does LJ have?

Wolf Island

I think things maybe ain’t quite as cosy as they used to be at the top table.

Ashton appears to have been a little ‘distant’ from Johnson for a while. Pure speculation and maybe wildly inaccurate, but might that relate to a possible power struggle over transfers and possibly the former’s views on the manager during the last losing streak?

Then, if what Johnson said about loans is true, maybe Steve after being presented with the astronomical bill to cover last season decided that our transfer dealings under both are pretty lamentable and has elected to reign things in.... so rather than Johnson having anything (within reason) he wanted Uncle Steve to buy him in the toy shop,  he’s been told to get on and play with his existing toys and, if he now decides he doesn’t like them, we’ll just tough. 

As I say, just pure speculation. 

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

imo he is. in 2018 LJ has 15%ish win rate I believe? Might be even lower. Whilst managers like SOD or McInnes were sacked with 26% win rate. 

That being said I don't think SL will consider sacking him or anything until atleast January if there's a continued poor form. 

If it pans out by November that we are 10 - 12 points adrift I think the alarm bells will be ringing very loudly.

3 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

If it pans out by November that we are 10 - 12 points adrift I think the alarm bells will be ringing very loudly.

How many teams are 10-12 points adrift by Novemeber? I’d hope he’d be sacked by then if we were! 

It is too easy to say our form has been terrible for 30 games. Last year was horrendous from Jan on but he has just sold 3 starters and a rotation player. Gelling 4-5 new starters was not going to be easy. Our first 5 games not the easiest either(even the “easier” ones are away). We need to give it to the 10-15 game mark. Especially as we have had decent performances in the last 2 matches and we are still without Fam. Reassess around the Stoke match as we will have played an array of different sides and will have a better idea of how we will fare

37 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Nice try 

Afternoon Bob. Genuine question for you fella as you wouldn’t answer last time - which other user do you believe to be me in disguise? I assume from today that you think maybe I am the artist formerly known as Ser Davos?

If you’d be kind enough to make your accusations clear I can then ask the mods to confirm I have not at any time had any account other than this one.

I would like my name to be cleared of these accusations ASAP.

2 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Afternoon Bob. Genuine question for you fella as you wouldn’t answer last time - which other user do you believe to be me in disguise? I assume from today that you think maybe I am the artist formerly known as Ser Davos?

If you’d be kind enough to make your accusations clear I can then ask the mods to confirm I have not at any time had any account other than this one.

Serious stuff 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

How can this thread be going after only 2 league matches, both drawn? What on earth is going to happens when City lose? Calls from some people for LJ to be sacked and SL to sell the club? Luckily there are a few sane people on the forum who will give LJ a bit more time

How much time does he want??! 

Our form since Christmas has been woeful 

36 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

How many teams are 10-12 points adrift by Novemeber? I’d hope he’d be sacked by then if we were! 

It is too easy to say our form has been terrible for 30 games. Last year was horrendous from Jan on but he has just sold 3 starters and a rotation player. Gelling 4-5 new starters was not going to be easy. Our first 5 games not the easiest either(even the “easier” ones are away). We need to give it to the 10-15 game mark. Especially as we have had decent performances in the last 2 matches and we are still without Fam. Reassess around the Stoke match as we will have played an array of different sides and will have a better idea of how we will fare

Joe we have won 3 games in 28, we have a weaker team and lots of sides in this league have strengthened.

We could easily be 10-12 points adrift by November. I hope that my fears are completely unfounded but it is naive in the extreme to not see this as a possibility.

What really frustrates me is that I think that another more experienced or wily manager would done better with the players at his disposal and would also have bought suitable players for the much needed positions.  I think that signs of a good manager are making a good team out of average players. 

It's going to be a long and laborious season if every time we draw or lose we are going to have the LJ out argument.......long and short of it is.....he'll have as long as SL is willing to put up with his performance.....I can envisage that as a city fan and it's major investor he has dreams of selling it on at a profit having seen us into the Prem.....if LJ isn't the man for that eventually SL will make the call. Doesn't matter how much we do (or don't) support LJ......his future is linked with his ability to convince SL that he is the man to realise his ambitions.....

I support LJ despite the run of form since Dec 17.....ok....it's been disappointing but I can see us having a slow start to the season and growing in strength as it progresses.

Tin Hat on.....let the counter argument begin.......

COYRs

36 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

I agree actually. These are outrageous unfounded slurs and @BobBobSuperBob MUST be held to account

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

Joe we have won 3 games in 28, we have a weaker team and lots of sides in this league have strengthened.

We could easily be 10-12 points adrift by November. I hope that my fears are completely unfounded but it is naive in the extreme to not see this as a possibility.

I am not as optimistic about our current squad as I usually am but don’t think we are quite that bad. Still think we have 60 points in us which is good for around 14th usually. I rate our starting XI but it won’t be an easy season. I know facts are we haven’t been good the last 30 games but only 3 have been this season and performances weren’t woeful. Just want to give the team a chance to prove their worth. 

4 hours ago, mrevans said:

People are concerned about our form since Christmas. Our run isn't particularly encouraging at all the moment so I think it's fair to have a benchmark of when the concern escalates to something more. After 10 games, I'd hope we're on between 14 - 17 points. I think that would be a decent start!

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

How much time does he want??! 

Our form since Christmas has been woeful 

I’m not a great fan of LJ, but what happened last season has gone. We’re starting this season with a fundamentals different team, so judging this team after 2 league matches is farcical, particularly as some players are injured / suspended. As for “our run isn’t particularly encouraging at the moment”, it’s two league matches and a semi reserve team playing against Plymouth. If we had won both league matches I wouldn’t have started talking about automatic promotion 

How much time does LJ have? Only SL knows that. I think many managers would’ve already bit the bullet after 5 wins in 29 league games. That’s an abysmal run which shows no sign of ending any time soon, although I hope I’m wrong. 

As much as I hate him, if Warnock is out of work some time soon (likely between November and January) I’d be tempted to go get him. We couldn’t do any worse. 

4 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Any update on this please @BobBobSuperBob

If we had had consistent results in the previous two seasons, yet still finished in the same league positions, we would not be giving any thoughts to this topic. 

We'd be looking at the results and future fixtures with a realistic idea that we will probably finish somewhere between tenth and twentieth. Not good enough but quite safe. 

However, we've won only a small number, is it four or five, in about thirty matches since 30th December. And now a pitiful defeat against a mediocre Argyle side is making many realise how close we are to becoming a fixture in the bottom group of the Championship in the near future. 

Blink and August and September will be gone and where will we be in the table? 

I hope my pessimism is unfounded and we are comfortable in mid table. 

This is such a boring and pointless  thread.........................:sleeping:

We all know that SL supports LJ but that said he’s expecting LJ to deliver a better league finish than last season so unless City encounter another dreadful run of results then LJ will stay as head coach.

Hopefully  LJ won’t experience another run of poor form but if he does it’ll depend on how long that run continues before SL wields the axe.

Jeeez, I’m amazed just how many posters don’t realise that..........:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

This is such a boring and pointless  thread.........................:sleeping:

We all know that SL supports LJ but that said he’s expecting LJ to deliver a better league finish than last season so unless City encounter another dreadful run of results then LJ will stay as head coach.

Hopefully  LJ won’t experience another run of poor form but if he does it’ll depend on how long that run continues before SL wields the axe.

Jeeez, I’m amazed just how many posters don’t realise that..........:facepalm:

Where have you heard this out of curiosity? 

Archived