IGNORED

Reid & Bryan

bengalcub

Both jumped ship amd showed no loyalty to the club that gave them there careers , never begrudge a player moving when done correctly see flint , by refusing to sign your contracts you have cemented yourselves in the same bracket as kodjia and Freeman , can’t believe two players who lets face it at any other club would of been binned off ages ago could show such disrespect to the club and fans as they have .

3 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Straight in with the bullying response that adds no value as usual.

Mega like 

I think most normal city fans would agree it's a clueless response to say Bobby Reid and Joe Bryan have disrespected the club after years and years of loyal service.

10 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Both jumped ship amd showed no loyalty to the club that gave them there careers , never begrudge a player moving when done correctly see flint , by refusing to sign your contracts you have cemented yourselves in the same bracket as kodjia and Freeman , can’t believe two players who lets face it at any other club would of been binned off ages ago could show such disrespect to the club and fans as they have .

It’s a short career, they are stepping up and doubling their money, fair play to them

4 minutes ago, Distortia said:

They're professionals who are actively trying to forge the best career path possible, considering their footballing careers will probably last another 10 years at most. You can't seriously say you're surprised by this? It's what footballers do.

Its not just footballers is it

95% of people would move companies if they were offered a lot more money

to be doing the same job

Bobby 'liking' tweets about Bryan leaving hasn't helped my mood towards him I must admit, but this is modern football. A whiff of a better deal and they'll be off, whether they've been here 18 years or 18 minutes.

Money talks. And we can't compete on that front with the likes of Villa, Boro etc. Cold hard fact of life. 

Every club in the land is a selling club, even the very best elite teams in world football lose players to bigger clubs.

Why are people shocked we are losing our best players? Its always happened. 

Just now, bengalcub said:

Agreed Bristol86 , but there’s a right way and a wrong way of doing things .

Whats the right way?

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I think most normal city fans would agree it's a clueless response to say Bobby Reid and Joe Bryan have disrespected the club after years and years of loyal service.

What’s the loyal service bit ?

Neithe have had Clubs knocking on the door for their services

Bobby has had one (Stellar) season

JB has been treated more than fairly in terms of how we’ve developed him and managed to get himself some decent publicity with some cracking goals

Not sure they’ve shown the Club disrespect , but it’s the reality but as with most greedy footballers I’m struggling to claim  that they’ve shown the Club respect 

1 minute ago, bengalcub said:

Agreed Bristol86 , but there’s a right way and a wrong way of doing things .

I understand the sentiment, but if they don't want to be here - which they clearly don't - they're not going to sign new contracts.

Bryan's head has been elsewhere all year as reflected in his complete lack of effort on the pitch, which is what bothers me more than his desire to move on. I can understand the allure of a big club like Villa, but to not give 100% for the shirt every time you play whilst you are in the employ of the cub is unacceptable, and I'd rather see his place go to someone who wants to give his all for the shirt. 

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Take SL's advice and don't get attached to players. They sure as hell aren't attached to us.

Nail on the head .The notion of any kind of loyalty in modern football is nonsensical. It's a job to them. They don't care. The fact that Reid can go and sign for Cardiff after one good season in his life should show everyone how the modern footballer views the club - an employer and nothing else.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What’s the loyal service bit ?

Neithe have had Clubs knocking on the door for their services

Bobby has had one (Stellar) season

JB has been treated more than fairly in terms of how we’ve developed him and managed to get himself some decent publicity with some cracking goals

Not sure they’ve shown the Club disrespect , but it’s the reality but as with most greedy footballers I’m struggling to claim  that they’ve shown the Club respect 

Loyal because if you work fore someone for 18 years I would class that as loyal? 

2 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Spoons serious question are a troll ? 

Absolutely not.

17 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

agreed I’m prob just venting as a bristol boy seeing two fellow Bristol boys leave in such circumstances hurts more,  but we really need to be tying players down so these situations don’t arise again 

Absolute rubbish. It’s football , they’ve got about ten years to play  in the best league possible and to make as much money as possible . Fair play to them . 

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

Loyal because if you work fore someone for 18 years I would class that as loyal? 

Absolutely not.

It's only loyal if you have the opportunity of a better job but don't take it. Until now neither Reid nor Bryan had been offered a better option so naturally they kept signing contracts.

Archived