IGNORED

Reid & Bryan

bengalcub

7 minutes ago, reddoh said:

I Normally enjoy your posts but the head tapping is just a gimmick to appease Cardiff fans I didn't lose any sleep over it and am sure when he moves on from cardiff he will do some other bollocks for his next club.

That's fine if you are able to tolerate it, that still doesn't mean it isn't disrespectful and as a Bristol boy who'd been at City as long as he had he should've known better.

28 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Its not just footballers is it

95% of people would move companies if they were offered a lot more money

to be doing the same job

If I had stayed working where I was 10 years ago I would be earning 50% less than I am now. If you have ambition to improve your family prospects then wouldn't we all take that opportunity. They have helped the club bring in £16m to reinvest in players and infrastructure improvements and more than contributed to our cup run last season.

Good luck to them both. If they do well and both play in the Prem then as Bristolians and City fans we can look on with some pride that our club contributed to their success. It would have been ideal if it was with their home town club but it wasn't meant to be

Let's back the next bright young things at the club and move on

8 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I think a lot of men his age in Bristol speak in the same way so I’m not sure it’s affected.  Regardless I’d say conflating the way you perceive him to speak with being a “gangbanger” is pretty insulting of a player who by all accounts was one of the most hard working and professional at the club. 

Those lads are all affected then and it's totally false way of portraying themselves to be. Fair play to him having a good work ethic but I stand by my original post.club

Since he's left I don't think he's covered himself in glory with certain actions he's done which I perceive as a bit of a sleight to the fans/club.

who knows what goes on behind closed doors though

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We’ve developed two young kids into fine footballers and it looks like we will receive £16m for the pair - for a club of our size that is immense and a great return on our investment in their development. I wish Bobby and Joe all the very best for their futures...

Exactly, isn’t that the point of having an academy? It’s got to be a good thing that we’ve demonstrated we can nurture the best talent and sell on to bigger clubs otherwise why would any young prospect come to us in the first place.  Much as I’m sad to see them leave it’s a positive overall for the club.  Hopefully one day we will be big enough that players of their standard will stay.  

2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

There never was. There was a restricted trade practice with clubs holding all the aces. Just because a player happened to stay with a club for a long period it didn't mean they wanted to. Players sometimes were in receipt of other inducements, bring allowed to undertake outside paid employment or provide underhand and subsidized inducements.

I think you are mixing up your sports underhand was how they used to bowl in cricket until women started the overarm bowling action this was due to the fact the wooden hoops in their skirts prevented them bowling underarm.

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That's fine if you are able to tolerate it, that still doesn't mean it isn't disrespectful and as a Bristol boy who'd been at City as long as he had he should've known better.

Deary me ..

Ashton Gate is frequently illuminated blue at night.

It has a fan park where away supporters mingle with the home fans.

Bristol Sport run the gaff. 

Tribalism at Bristol City is dead and buried. 

31 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Take SL's advice and don't get attached to players. They sure as hell aren't attached to us.

Totally agree, I’ve said before that I support the name Bristol City, the stadium, the local area, the badge(s!) and my fellow fans...all the rest comes and goes - such as owners, backroom staff, directors, chairmen and women, players, coaches, physios etc...I know Steve Coppell is a controversial person on here but he did come out with a fine quote whilst he was at Reading - he said: “The only loyalty that exists in modern football is between the fans and their clubs” - spot on...

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We’ve developed two young kids into fine footballers and it looks like we will receive £16m for the pair - for a club of our size that is immense and a great return on our investment in their development. I wish Bobby and Joe all the very best for their futures...

Definitely this.

Joe often scored in big games - probably needs something fresh to push him on as he is capable. Sweet left foot and great ability. Sometimes a bit too casual though. 

I suspect many won’t care but Joe is definitely a city fan and just cos he’s leaving doesn’t mean he won’t want the club to win. 

We no longer live in an era where players stay at one club - even ones who support them. 

26 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Disrespected the club and supporters the minute he did that ridiculous head tapping shite,  unfortunately. 

Absolutely this.

Liking stuff about Bryan leaving (when he could have just left it well alone) is almost as bad.

Got a shed load of “dislikes” when I posted this at the time, thanks for last season’s goals, thanks for the money but as a footballer he is nothing to me now.

5 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Those lads are all affected then and it's totally false way of portraying themselves to be. Fair play to him having a good work ethic but I stand by my original post.club

Since he's left I don't think he's covered himself in glory with certain actions he's done which I perceive as a bit of a sleight to the fans/club.

who knows what goes on behind closed doors though

You stand by your statement that Bobby “thinks he’s a gangbanger”? Mate, he’s a dedicated professional who’s done amazingly well at his chosen career, he comes from a respectable family, his sister is a member of parliament, by all accounts he’s giving back to his local community in Easton through youth organisations.  I get that you might be annoyed he’s ended up at Cardiff but I’d suggest you withdraw the “gangbanger” accusation.  

21 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

True enough. I just find the mercenary footballer mindset disheartening - the gap between players and fans has never been wider and I just hoped or wished that we could expect a bit more from someone who’d been part of the City family for so long and through some lean times.

Bryan going to Villa would hurt a lot more than Reid’s move to Cardiff for me, so many more memories, I would have been personally ecstatic if he got the prem move, this just feels a bit of a kick in the teeth if he’s only going to another champ side that could not be any better! 

28 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

....really don’t understand fans getting upset about players  leaving. Always have always will get over it ffs

You’re right - but I think I’ve only just got over losing Glyn Riley to The Shots....my second favourite City player ever, I was gutted. As my t-shirt slogan pronounces, “I’ll grow old but not up...” - so I’m still sulking!

It’s ridiculous the amount of people getting their knickers in a twist because we’ve sold a couple of players. Players who we got good money for. Players who have gone to clubs who can pay them more. That’s football get over it. 

12 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Deary me ..

Nowt wrong with that. If a few dinosaurs want to swap teeth with each other in a local park they still have that option, whereas grown adults who can act like civilised humans, even - god forbid - at a football match, can enjoy the atmosphere in the fan park. 

As for the blue, considering a team that plays in blue plays at the stadium I guess that's not exactly front page material. If you choose to somehow associate that with Bristol Rovers it's a bit odd. I wore a blue polo shirt to the match on Saturday, I guess it's lucky I didn't get bounced down a flight of stairs!

5 minutes ago, Big C said:

It’s ridiculous the amount of people getting their knickers in a twist because we’ve sold a couple of players. Players who we got good money for. Players who have gone to clubs who can pay them more. That’s football get over it. 

Exactly. Plus this will attract more quality young players to the club who hope to follow the same path.

In the same way Kodjia getting a lucrative contract after a season with us helps sell us to foreign players.

36 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Quite, and he'll kiss the badge, say what a great club it is and that the fans are the best in the world. It will all be lies of course but enough people will believe it to make it worthwhile.

Wasn’t it Robbie Keane who claimed to be a boyhood fan of every club he joined when he was announced at the press conferences?! I’m sure someone put a montage of his comments together to prove that footballers generally talk a load of old bollox....

34 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Deary me ..

....and our club actually played the song “I’m Blue” by Eiffel 65 through the tannoy system before a game against the gas a fair while back, no one could believe it - does anyone have a clue anymore?!

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

Both jumped ship amd showed no loyalty to the club that gave them there careers , never begrudge a player moving when done correctly see flint , by refusing to sign your contracts you have cemented yourselves in the same bracket as kodjia and Freeman , can’t believe two players who lets face it at any other club would of been binned off ages ago could show such disrespect to the club and fans as they have .

I don't blame them for leaving at all, it's just so much more difficult finding a parking place near AG these days ?

In what respect am I predicatable robbered ? My comment was aimed at spoons as every opinion I give he rubbish’s I expect he’s got to the point he doesn’t bother reading what I write just rubbishes it straight away that’s how trolls work isn’t it ? 

25 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....and our club actually played the song “I’m Blue” by Eiffel 65 through the tannoy system before a game against the gas a fair while back, no one could believe it - does anyone have a clue anymore?!

Phew.… it's a good job Robbo didn't hear that!  

When it comes to loyalty ask yourself this question. If we had gained promotion to the prem last season , how many of last seasons players would be in the starting 11 on the first day of the new premier league season?

Loyalty cuts both ways and the club employs the players to do a job for them. That employment doesn't demand loyalty, beyond expecting the players to follow club rules, train when required and play when selected etc. etc. Their contracts don't include clauses specifying that academy graduates "owe" the club something extra, over and above players that come here through transfer. It doesn't require players to sign new contracts just because they are Bristolians.

The players work for their livings, in just the same way as all of us do, or did, it's just that they earn much more than the majority of us and for doing something that most of us would do for nothing. Players have the same issues in life that we all do - providing for their families, and providing for themselves and their families once their playing careers have ended. Accordingly why should we begrudge them taking the opportunities when they come along - they might never get the chance again on their careers.

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Because of his affected accent ,considering he's a bristolian why's he got a London grime scene accent.

Most of his family are Londoners and yes, of course, he does spend time there.

I've never met the man, but people I know who have say he's sound and humble. Far from the picture you are trying to create.

13 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

As a supporter it's hard to accept a player doesn't want to play for your club

For me it's City & England, no other teams exist, if I could play football, all I'd want is to play for City, the money doesn't matter.

Gerrard spent his career at his home town club, that would be me.

How bloody boring and pointless that would be... Imagine having to watch City play England week in week out year after year.. Hmm, not for me, if no other teams exist I'd take up knitting or something instead. ;) 

Archived