IGNORED

Reid & Bryan

bengalcub

15 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Both jumped ship amd showed no loyalty to the club that gave them there careers , never begrudge a player moving when done correctly see flint , by refusing to sign your contracts you have cemented yourselves in the same bracket as kodjia and Freeman , can’t believe two players who lets face it at any other club would of been binned off ages ago could show such disrespect to the club and fans as they have .

58 rubbishes and counting for this, anyone know the record?!

11 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Of course I knew My op would be rubbished loads and what ,  I stand by what I wrote , some shared there own opinions some trolled (spoons) some bang on about my past posts (parking).,. as that is easier than actually expressing an opinion , it’s a forum it sparked a debate and that’s the whole purpose isn’t it ?  

I did not troll. Get your facts right.

17 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Both jumped ship amd showed no loyalty to the club that gave them there careers , never begrudge a player moving when done correctly see flint , by refusing to sign your contracts you have cemented yourselves in the same bracket as kodjia and Freeman , can’t believe two players who lets face it at any other club would of been binned off ages ago could show such disrespect to the club and fans as they have .

There is only ONE loyal “ex player” at Ashton Gate nowadays. And that is Sir Scott Murray - who is 100% Bristol City. The rest of them I don’t give a flying **** for.

£££ and agents are ruining the game IMO.

10 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

There is only ONE loyal “ex player” at Ashton Gate nowadays. And that is Sir Scott Murray - who is 100% Bristol City. The rest of them I don’t give a flying **** for.

Tinman?

17 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

There never was. There was a restricted trade practice with clubs holding all the aces. Just because a player happened to stay with a club for a long period it didn't mean they wanted to. Players sometimes were in receipt of other inducements, bring allowed to undertake outside paid employment or provide underhand and subsidized inducements.

Although rare we had one of the most loyal players to ever play the game in John Atyeo. He had chances to move on but life in BS3 suited him.

Then there is Marcus Stewart who despite being a City fan started his career with the gas did that make him disloyal? No it made him determined to have a career in football.

Both Bobby Reid and Joe Bryan contributed to a great cup run last season and because of that richer clubs took notice and have made bids. I wish them, along with Flint and Magnússon success.

At the start of last season I posted we should be worried about losing important players. Many on here said to evolve we needed to bring players on and then sell them until we are at a point where we can compete, with hindsight I now agree with that view.

Like charity loyalty begins at home. If Cardiff come back down Bobby will leave if another Premier side comes in for him. The days of John Atyeo are long gone but losing home grown players brings in good money to the club. New hero's will emerge and the cycle starts again.

2 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

I can think of 8.

6 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Homegrown talent.

Academy product.

Double Winner.

The goal against the Rovers in a rare competitive Bristol derby. 

The goal against Swindon and the importance it held in the run in that season.

The goal against Man United at a sold out Ashton Gate in the biggest game for 20 years.

City Legend.

@BobBobSuperBob Afternoon Robert. Cant help but notice you’ve popped this one in the bin again mate. Your commitment to recycling is admirable but I get the impression you’re just doing it to get my attention. 

I’m flattered but I was actually trying to make a point about the topic in hand rather than elicit your flirtation. 

1 minute ago, Agard Days Night said:

@BobBobSuperBob Afternoon Robert. Cant help but notice you’ve popped this one in the bin again mate. Your commitment to recycling is admirable but I get the impression you’re just doing it to get my attention. 

I’m flattered but I was actually trying to make a point about the topic in hand rather than elicit your flirtation. 

It should have been a ROFLMAO emoji for your use of the word Legend

Still , anything above a vest

Thought youd Be Back in your other persona / I’d on here

:thumbsup:

Wonder how many else have realised

2 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Scott left us for Reading presumably to better his career and earnings, in the same way that the player with the record number of appearances for the club did , when he went to Coventry.

Can't begrudge modern players moving away if it gives them the chance to further their career, or give them , or improve the chances of, financial security once their playing days are over, such are the financial rewards now available. Hopefully, if the club's financial position continues to strengthen and we become ever more established in the championship and  increasingly seen as a team challenging towards the top, then we have a better chance of attracting better players from other championship teams and keeping more of our own. 

26 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Only ever had one sign on/persona/ID on here, I fear you’ve got your wires crossed. I did change my username about 4 years ago, is that what you’re thinking of maybe?

Can you clarify what the thing about vests is? Maybe a whoosh moment for me Bob but I have to be honest and say I genuinely have no idea what you’re on about.

2 hours ago, numbeast said:

Although rare we had one of the most loyal players to ever play the game in John Atyeo. He had chances to move on but life in BS3 suited him.

Then there is Marcus Stewart who despite being a City fan started his career with the gas did that make him disloyal? 

I'd question whether either of these are examples of 'loyalty' in the sense you intend it.

Atyeo had a lifestyle that suited what was on offer and what he wanted at the time and City facilitated his desire for another career in education. In his day there was never the assumption that football might be the only thing one would ever undertake and there are dozens of top players who were part time plumbers, undertakers and such like during their playing careers.

I grew up with Marcus's dad and the reason he went to the Rovers was simply because City didn't offer him the chance. Ditto Julian Dicks who lived a few doors further up and who's father took him to AG where he asked if his son would be  playing in the first team at 16 if he was good enough only to be told: 'no chance, 18 or 19 maybe but not before.' When asked the same question Ron Saunders replied ' if he's 15 and good enough he'll play,' and that's why he ended up at Birmingham.

50 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ah the old multiple accounts trick. Sneaky. 

Archived