IGNORED

Jay Dasilva Signed - NOW CONFIRMED

Shuffle

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

To you evidently.

Kelly and DaSilva are approx. the same age - DaSilva 6 months older - and both are England u.20 internationals.

In fact Kelly has 6 caps at that level to DaSilva's 4.

We've just sold one Academy product left back, we've got 2 more coming through in Kelly and Pring.

The obvious thing afaic. (as the club go on so much about the importance of the academy and the pathway) is to play Kelly, give Pring say a dozen games here and there to keep Kelly fresh, and spend the JB money where it's really needed.

Kelly's very nearly 20, not 17, if he's good enough - and we're told he's a future England international - he certainly should be ready to be properly blooded now.

Pring seems to have played a total of one Conference game according to Transfermarkt. I'm sure that's not the extent of what he's played, but we cannot go into the season with our backup leftback having never played above Conference level.

Right move to get another left back in, if Kelly were to lose form or pick up a knock how many people would be confident of Pring having a continued run in the team? He may be able to play one or two games but may get found out after a continued run. Having someone like Dasilva come in means they could both play 25 games each, both stay fresh and our player doesn't get ran ragged by the workload, he can then be ready for a full season next season.

Prings name popped up on here after a couple of friendlies. In true OTIB style a few got too excited and he became ready for championship football straight away.

Inexperienced defences leak goals and he would be targeted week in week out by opposition players. The forwards will have too much pressure on them knowing they likely need to score 2 to have any chance of winning.

Kelly will make mistakes but overall I believe hes ready to step up - he needs to be given a shot at some point. Bring Da Silva in with him and let them fight it out for the shirt

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think one reason he rubs people up the wrong way is because the way he talks about the club is as if he’s speaking on behalf of all City fans like some sort of self appointed spokesman.

I’ve seen his posts on Twitter and he also talks like someone who receives a great deal of inside information and knows better than everyone else when actually he doesn’t.

He also always tweets players/managers/lansdown directly to ask questions as if they’d actually answer him (they don’t) but claims he gets replies!

I don’t know him personally, but I can see why people find him a bit irritating.

I called him out on twitter last night after his comment that we haven’t invested enough , need to spend more on wages blah blah. I mentioned that he comes across arrogant and acts like he knows it all which he obviously didn’t like. I mentioned the Jordan Rhodes debacle . His response was that his source got that one wrong then compared himself to Alan Nixon because he gets them wrong as well. At least he hasn’t got a ego ?

In the modern game, full backs are no longer full backs, they are just defensive wing backs when you take into account the amount of forward running they do.

To be expected to play every game by doing that much running and keep at the level expected of a championship player would be too much (it would be nice if it was, but life isn't that simple) - by bringing in a similar player, aim to give them 25 games each (give Kelly a few more as he's our player) then it keeps them both rested and focused when needed. It is not just physical fatigue, it's mental fatigue too. Lots of football in this division to be played.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Take consolation on your Banana splits phobia, my younger brothers would hide behind the sofa and cry when it came on and thus was banned in the Isewater household.

( the programme that is , not the sofa ) 

As an adult I often wonder what drugs the producers of this show were on . 

Not as hallucinogenic as those consumed by the producers of "The Night Garden".

3 minutes ago, Cardy said:

I think we need to be aware though that Da Silva might come with a ‘must play’ clause. I’m not sure that will be so great for Kelly’s development! 

so what, kent did as well and he didn't play as we had a better player in his position 

Got no problems if they split time relatively evenly. Doesn’t have to be 50/50 but if Kelly can get 15 league starts or so with sub appearances plus the cup games that is a good season. 

Da Silva gets around 30 league games not always 90 minutes. Don’t see a problem in it. I feel sure Kelly could play a bigger role but if they want to expose him a bit slower than so be it

18 minutes ago, Cardy said:

I think we need to be aware though that Da Silva might come with a ‘must play’ clause. I’m not sure that will be so great for Kelly’s development! 

We might just pay more of a loan fee to start with, Chelsea may trust us with a player after Tammy.

31 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Prings name popped up on here after a couple of friendlies. In true OTIB style a few got too excited and he became ready for championship football straight away.

Inexperienced defences leak goals and he would be targeted week in week out by opposition players. The forwards will have too much pressure on them knowing they likely need to score 2 to have any chance of winning.

Kelly will make mistakes but overall I believe hes ready to step up - he needs to be given a shot at some point. Bring Da Silva in with him and let them fight it out for the shirt

I'm assuming I we do have him it's not another have to play him every game or else scenarios like Kent.

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Kelly is more of a centre back and in the future thats where he will play also we only have 1 left back wen joe leaves

Kelly is the replacement for Magnússon.  Covering LB and LCB and able to play on the left of a back 3.  Suspect he'll start about 20 games this season and be used as a sub fairly regularly.  For someone of his experience, that is good progression.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

He is 6 foot 3. Johnson said last season in an interview. 

He did and he is.

1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

Don't worry Major, Bristol Live (the paper formerly known as the Evil Post) never get anything wrong:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-johnson-confirms-lloyd-kelly-265456

6' 3" it is. Transfermarkt et al need an update. I guess he has grown in the near 3 years since he joined us. Maybe he still is !

Kelly was at least as tall as me versus Brislington at the start of 15/16....so 6’1” plus 3 years ago.  It’s obvious just by looking at him he’s tall.

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

I’m sure mine won’t change yours either, but I thought he looked really comfortable when he played in the central role at the end of last season. Very assured. 

Not against Sheff Utd he didn’t 

Didnt know whether he was coming or going

Sharp and Clarke provided a harsh lesson tha5 day and I think convinced LJ he’s not ready for playing ch in a two at least atm

2 minutes ago, GBray said:

I think the BP are just recycling other reports GBray.

Theres enough reports saying this is happening/done from much more reliable sources to tell me that it’s happening.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Take consolation on your Banana splits phobia, my younger brothers would hide behind the sofa and cry when it came on and thus was banned in the Isewater household.

( the programme that is , not the sofa ) 

As an adult I often wonder what drugs the producers of this show were on . 

The exact same position I took after my older brother went to school and wasn't there to protect me. It was never banned, and my mother has no recollection of my absolute hatred of these things. She's a hard woman

Archived