IGNORED

Jay Dasilva Signed - NOW CONFIRMED

Shuffle

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Pring hasn't played above the conference, you want to be relying on him if Kelly were to get injured or fall badly out of form?

I think he’s ready based on what I’ve seen. 

19 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

2 seinor 1 youth

we currently have 0 senior 2 youth

And after this deal is done we’d have 0 senior 3 youth

3 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

It's a huge gamble, if it didn't come off Johnson would be slaughtered for it, Dasilva has played for Charlton for 2 years and was voted their fans player of the year last season, it also allows Pring to go out on loan to get consistent game time.

1 hour ago, Big C said:

So as backup to our inexperienced left back you would have an even more inexperienced left back or as alternatives 3 players out of position with recent injuries. Yep cant see that going wrong at all!

What I’d have is a club where good young local players are given their chance rather than others brought in over their heads as loans with no long term benefit financial or footballing. If I was Lloyd I would be seriously wondering what’s going on right now. 

5 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Judging from your posts you’d class Eisa as a leftback

thank **** you aren’t in charge of the club

3 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

What I’d have is a club where good young local players are given their chance rather than others brought in over their heads. If I was Lloyd I would be seriously wondering what’s going on right now. 

This isn't going to affect Lloyd's progress at all, all good clubs have at least 2 competent players who can play in each position, which is what Da Silva will give us at LB. How is this so hard to understand? We cannot sell Joe Bryan and replace him with no one.

5 hours ago, Ian M said:

You have presumably believed the internet that Kelly is 5’10?

Do you therefore believe the internet that Zak Vyner is 6’2?

Your opinion may be that Kelly is 5’10 but your opinion is wrong.

76187022-6E3E-47AB-A57D-908222E7D46F.jpeg

What did Lee win

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

How much have you seen in senior football?

Not enough to make an informed decision I don't think.

Seen enough of Lloyd in senior football. The thought of this Chelsea lad taking minutes off Lloyd makes me sick. 

I could spend the rest of the day listing players who have gone from youth football straight to the very top of men’s football btw. Lack of confidence from negative posters on here that one or both of our lads can’t do the same.

1 minute ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Seen enough of Lloyd in senior football. The thought of this Chelsea lad taking minutes off Lloyd makes me sick. 

I could spend the rest of the day listing players who have gone from youth football straight to the very top of men’s football btw. Lack of confidence from negative posters on here that one or both of our lads can’t do the same.

I meant Pring - you said 'I believe he's ready based on what I've seen' regarding him, not Kelly.

4 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Don't think anyone doubt' Lloyd's ability at this level, but over the course of the season and a risk of getting injured/losing form leaves too much risk with Pring as back up.

15 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

If Kelly is as good as you think he is then surely healthy competition for a starting place is no problem? 

But more to the point, it’s nothing to do with ability per se. It’s about the fact that there would be ZERO cover in the senior squad for LB were Kelly to suffer a long term injury. None of the senior players you listed are, and never have been, left backs 

13 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

So what would you do if Lloyd breaks his leg in the Blackburn home game? I understand what you are saying but going into the season with only one Championship ready left back is madness.

59 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Remember being in the Enclosure in my school suit and waistcoat more than once.

I gave the EE a miss on those occasions.

Odd match day attire for a 25 year old Noggers! 

12 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

So anyone who disagrees with you is a negative poster?  Have you noticed that once again you seem to be in a minority with pretty much everyone disagreeing with you? It's difficult not to think that you're doing it deliberately.  We need a strong squad with good cover at all levels, so I'll be delighted if we get Dasilva

2 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Has there been no more news since this morning then?

Waiting for the JB deal to be announced then they can do the old - bad news, good news press release.

I would think the LB and GK are already signed and the striker could be today or if not a loan later in the month.

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

My friends cat is being treated for termites .

I reckon over half the posts on this thread are shit like this Major.. give it a rest me old mate

3 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Waiting for the JB deal to be announced then they can do the old - bad news, good news press release.

I would think the LB and GK are already signed and the striker could be today or if not a loan later in the month.

Any idea on the striker?

Archived