IGNORED

Villa v Brentford

Robbored

Just now, Tomarse said:

We might look back at that 2-2 as a decent result regardless of how poor we were on the day 

I think we might- a 2-2 we should have won for chances and possession and that, however when teams let you have the ball, and have their shape and workrate- yeah to come back from 2 down in that scenario- was decent IMO.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Yep, sad but necessary for Brentford. 

Not sure what the capacity of Griffin Park is but I saw on the news today that the Bees new stadium will have a 17k capacity.

12,700, probably not just about increased capacity though

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I have great admiration for Brentford and would love to see them go up at the expense of one of the arrogant bigger clubs but perhaps we can make a comparison when they have sold their 3 best players then get hit by injuries.

The argument that team x have done it - and Brentford haven't yet - so we should applies to every similar or indeed bigger club in the league. In that context most teams in the league are failures.

Why the hell didn't we go for Watkins though?!

Brentford have consistently sold their best players but they still seem to remain competitive in this bloody hard division....

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Brentford have consistently sold their best players but they still seem to remain competitive in this bloody hard division....

Agreed, they do a great job and I admire them for it but people are talking as if they have already been promoted.

If they have an injury record the same as ours last season (9 operations was it?) and still achieve as much then they will deserve even greater credit.

My point being that there are a range of factors affecting any given club which can make simple comparisons misleading.

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think we might- a 2-2 we should have won for chances and possession and that, however when teams let you have the ball, and have their shape and workrate- yeah to come back from 2 down in that scenario- was decent IMO.

They will falter I think, but it’s the start you want. Hard to believe we are the only team stopping them from having a 100% record. Played two of the top three, as it stands.

10 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Agreed, they do a great job and I admire them for it but people are talking as if they have already been promoted.

If they have an injury record the same as ours last season (9 operations was it?) and still achieve as much then they will deserve even greater credit.

My point being that there are a range of factors affecting any given club which can make simple comparisons misleading.

I just posted that it’s tiresome when some City fans justify defeats by saying we were playing against a (perceived) much bigger club....and they say we have sold our best players and not replaced them so we’ll struggle...as I said, Brentford consistently sell their best players, but they remain competitive...

6 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

And we've also played one of the bottom one.

True enough, we are still at the stage were our results dramatically effect were we all are. We have only played the top team because we lost to them, if you see what I mean.

For what it is worth (very little I suspect), the other three teams we have played are still all unbeaten.

Archived