IGNORED

Tomas Kalas Signed On Loan (Merged)

BessexRED

3 hours ago, spudski said:

With everyone playing to their true potential....and at their best...this is a team I would like to see play. On form...imo...that team could do some damage.

How nice to see three 'CB's at the Club, that are ball winners...but mobile, able to play football, athletic, and find a pass.

------------------------------------------------------------Nikki--------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------Kalas---------------------------Webster---------------------------Kelly------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------Pack-------------------------------------------------------------------

Odowda-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Elliasson

------------------------------Brownhill---------------------------------------------Patto--------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------Fam---------------------Weimann------------------------------------------------

It seems to me the manager is wedded to 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1.

But why be so dogmatic when other formations seem better suited to the players at his disposal? Or at least allow him to get more of his best players into the starting XI. e.g. a 4-3-3 or a 3-5-2.

I would personally always have Korey Smith in the team but a 4 man midfield means either he doesn't play or Brownhill has to move out wide. 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 would allow both to play centrally with Pack.

5 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

It seems to me the manager is wedded to 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1.

But why be so dogmatic when other formations seem better suited to the players at his disposal? Or at least allow him to get more of his best players into the starting XI. e.g. a 4-3-3 or a 3-5-2.

I would personally always have Korey Smith in the team but a 4 man midfield means either he doesn't play or Brownhill has to move out wide. 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 would allow both to play centrally with Pack.

He really is, it's hard to understand why he is tbh but he is.

Can only think it's pride, ego or what he grew up playing in so it's what he uses as a manager.

20 hours ago, Neo said:

So what is our best back 4 now (currently fit) with head ruling heart?

I know Lloyd fans (of which I am one but not gushing like some) it has to be :- 

Hunt - Webster - Kalas - Da Silva

This for me this is the best mix of speed on the flanks and decent experience in the middle.

I think Lloyd is a CB more than a LB and he is very good cover but not a starter at the moment.

I disagree. Lloyd at left back is our best option. I would use Dasilva as wide left midfield. But only as an alternative to Eliasson. 

58 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I disagree. Lloyd at left back is our best option. I would use Dasilva as wide left midfield. But only as an alternative to Eliasson. 

Lloyd brings great defensive qualities, height, speed of recovery, reading of the game and positioning BUT he is not comfortable breaking forward to overlap and beat a man - he does not help his winger enough offensively and the ball goes sideways and backwards and teams get men behind the ball.

Hence I disagree he is the better option at left back, albeit with age he can develop. Here and now (which is all I can care about) he is better fitted to central defence cover.

16 minutes ago, Neo said:

Lloyd brings great defensive qualities, height, speed of recovery, reading of the game and positioning BUT he is not comfortable breaking forward to overlap and beat a man - he does not help his winger enough offensively and the ball goes sideways and backwards and teams get men behind the ball.

Hence I disagree he is the better option at left back, albeit with age he can develop. Here and now (which is all I can care about) he is better fitted to central defence cover.

I’d rather the other team get numbers behind the ball and it go backwards than leave a gigantic space for Baker to have to cover. Joe Bryan put so much pressure on us by getting caught too far forward too often. We can and will break teams down. Have done for years. What we have not done is keep goals out. Idk why LK is getting stick for defending first. He is probably first name on the teamsheet for me.

We are better with defensive fullbacks as we proved last season. Our midfield does not cover our fullbacks well enough to have both of them getting forward. Now if you want to mix it up fine. Hunt plays then Kelly plays. Wright plays RB then Dasilva can start. Think it would be suicide to start Hunt and Dasilva. 

Looking at the lookalike photos in this thread got me thinking about the clubs well documented belief in the importance of DNA when recruiting players...

I'm beginning to think they've gone further along the DNA route than perhaps they've so far admitted to... just gotta Czech out our latest 'clone signing' to see that!  

Archived