IGNORED

Tomas Kalas Signed On Loan (Merged)

BessexRED

4 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

In reality he should be pairing with Webster. What will happen though is he will play RB against top 6 sides. Cover when Baker is unfit at CB and be on the bench when those aren’t happening.

Kalas is better but we may as well have kept Vyner around. Not like going to the worst team in the division and playing out of position is helping Vyner much.

Seems a negative post but I like the signing. Just not sure how he will be used when everyone is fit again. 

If it’s true we’ve paid a hefty loan fee then there’s no way he’ll be on the bench when everyone’s fit. 

• Admin
2 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Great signing City. Well done.

For a big bloke he's got quick feet and he's quick thinking as well.

I didn't do the Youtube by the way, thanks whoever did

His interception game is strong in that video. Great anticipation, positioning & reactions. 

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not gonna claim I know tonnes about our new player.

My pre-match view last season said the following:

CAC5D02C-643E-4BCC-911E-68DF2A659925.thumb.jpeg.32891ba4afdd81b56518471dd7cbc838.jpeg

He didn’t play that night, so a lot us will be relying on hearsay or tv viewing.  I do remember him playing v Liverpool in the Gerrard slip game...not sure if that was his debut or not.

Cones with good pedigree, not just Chelsea but top-Champ clubs like Boro and Fulham.  From tv, never struck me as a dominant in the air CH, more a ‘happy to defend’ CB. 

With Webster hopefully starting to settle, you wonder what this means ultimately for Wright and Baker when they return.  I don’t think this guy was brought it to provide cover.

A win in midweek and a universally liked transfer in.....you can stop worrying about the servers over-heating....til Saturday!

Yep....I think you are right. He has only played twice for Chelski, debut at Anfield and a Champions League substitute app against Galasataray.........Swansea away should be a blast for him?  ?

52 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

If it’s true we’ve paid a hefty loan fee then there’s no way he’ll be on the bench when everyone’s fit. 

Yes but we have paid hefty fees for both Webster and Baker. Like I said I hope he plays and forces Baker to up his game. Huge Baker fan but been as poor as Pato for just as long. Needs to lose his place and try to earn it back. Also fight through some smaller injuries. 

34 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Yep....I think you are right. He has only played twice for Chelski, debut at Anfield and a Champions League substitute app against Galasataray.........Swansea away should be a blast for him?  ?

His debut for Chelsea was actually vs Arsenal in the league cup under Jose, in a 0-2 victory....good quiz question for the future: Which player’s first three games for his club were in the league cup, premier league and champions league? 

I know you like a triv question @Davefevs....!

16 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes but we have paid hefty fees for both Webster and Baker. Like I said I hope he plays and forces Baker to up his game. Huge Baker fan but been as poor as Pato for just as long. Needs to lose his place and try to earn it back. Also fight through some smaller injuries. 

Totally agree regarding baker. When on

loan and first half of last season it was ( over my dead body ) type defending. He’s been half hearted at best since Christmas . Kalas and Webster for  me . Baileys obviously going to be a while getting back having no pre season and still not fully fit and although some don’t like him, he’s one you’d want in the trenches with you. If kalas is anywhere near as good as Fulham and boro fans have been saying he’d be one of the first names on the team sheet. 

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

His debut for Chelsea was actually vs Arsenal in the league cup under Jose, in a 0-2 victory....good quiz question for the future: Which player’s first three games for his club were in the league cup, premier league and champions league? 

No idea.

6 hours ago, City18 said:

I just hope for once we can play a player in their best position without trying them out in goal, up front and as assistant manager as well

Course not! One of the defenders won’t become a number 2, no no no LJ is about to repeat last season - someone is going to be the new Reid! Big switcheroo coming! My moneys on Kelly

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Rashford?

So what is our best back 4 now (currently fit) with head ruling heart?

I know Lloyd fans (of which I am one but not gushing like some) it has to be :- 

Hunt - Webster - Kalas - Da Silva

This for me this is the best mix of speed on the flanks and decent experience in the middle.

I think Lloyd is a CB more than a LB and he is very good cover but not a starter at the moment.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not gonna claim I know tonnes about our new player.

My pre-match view last season said the following:

CAC5D02C-643E-4BCC-911E-68DF2A659925.thumb.jpeg.32891ba4afdd81b56518471dd7cbc838.jpeg

He didn’t play that night, so a lot us will be relying on hearsay or tv viewing.  I do remember him playing v Liverpool in the Gerrard slip game...not sure if that was his debut or not.

Cones with good pedigree, not just Chelsea but top-Champ clubs like Boro and Fulham.  From tv, never struck me as a dominant in the air CH, more a ‘happy to defend’ CB. 

With Webster hopefully starting to settle, you wonder what this means ultimately for Wright and Baker when they return.  I don’t think this guy was brought it to provide cover.

A win in midweek and a universally liked transfer in.....you can stop worrying about the servers over-heating....til Saturday!

I think he said in his interview that he was subbed off against us at half time at Craven Cottage.

But he may have had 2 seasons at Fulham, not 100% sure. If so, then there's 3 possible games that could have been (League Cup the first season)

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

103 games for Wigan from 1987 to 1991 - box to box midfielder, weighed in with a handy 17 goals...

Surely that was Fred Tittel?

Your probably thinking of Albert Title. He was a Yorkshire miner, pigeon fancier and champion rhubarb grower. He worked a six and a half day week down t'pit in the 1920's. He would knock off on a Saturday morning have a quick pint in the miners welfare  before cycling 20 miles over to Oakwell to turn out for Barnsley as a no nonsense centre half.

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Your probably thinking of Albert Title. He was a Yorkshire miner, pigeon fancier and champion rhubarb grower. He worked a six and a half day week down t'pit in the 1920's. He would knock off on a Saturday morning have a quick pint in the miners welfare  before cycling 20 miles over to Oakwell to turn out for Barnsley as a no nonsense centre half.

Wasnt he one of Monty Pythons 4 Yorkshiremen?

Working 6 and a half day week down t'pit, paying for the privilege, waking up 4 hours before he goes to sleep and being forced to cycle 20 miles to Oakwell and play football.

21 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I think he said in his interview that he was subbed off against us at half time at Craven Cottage.

But he may have had 2 seasons at Fulham, not 100% sure. If so, then there's 3 possible games that could have been (League Cup the first season)

He did have two seasons...played at AG in that 0-2 played off the park game, otherwise it will have been away games, so not seen.  One game, where as a defence they didn’t have much to do that night us not enough to form a true picture.

24 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Do you mean a number 5?

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

My only slight concern is that he needs to be psychologically prepared to battle at City .

He thought that he would be playing in the Prem this year so it must be a little disappointing for him to find himself not only back in the Championship but at an unfancied club .

We need to make him feel welcome and show him that he can fulfill his dream here if he puts his heart and soul into it .

Welcome Tomas Kalas and well done City .

Ok Hucker, I want to know why you unicorned  me .

Perhaps we could meet for a drink

:boxing:behind the Atyeo one Saturday.

:laughcont: 

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

did he then take on an acting role in corrie as Ken Barlows uncle?

Archived