IGNORED

Tomas Kalas Signed On Loan (Merged)

BessexRED

Very pleased with this - do get the impression this means either one or both of Baker or Wright are further off than is being mentioned, but pleased to have Kalas regardless.

Agree that I’d guess this is our business done, but not displeased with the addition - knows what it is like to play in a team at the top end of this league. 

I got a feeling we will be looking for  midfield cover. A class signing like this one would be perfect with Korey out for so long, and we don’t know what other injuries or suspensions ( Pack missed 2 games due to collecting cards didn’t he for example). 

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Seems a cracking signing, and looks like an amalgamation of Baker and Pack, so should fit in well in the dressing room.

Lets hope they all use the same hair/beard spray or there could be ructions.

We could do a kind of "Evolution of Man" style photoshoot with Kalas, Webster, Baker and Pack.

On the back of a much needed win the club have decided to strike whilst the iron is hot. Still issues to sort out before we can say things are on the up but some positive news this week. Diedhou only one game away from serving his ban....it doesn’t feel right, we need some negativity to get back on an even keel!!!!

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Signed a 4 year deal at Chelsea last year so won't be joining permanently but good loan signing on paper. 

Must be paying Chelsea a 7-figure loan fee for him.

Could  be a new deal for a release clause. Like we did with Flint some claimed. 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Signed a 4 year deal at Chelsea last year so won't be joining permanently but good loan signing on paper. 

Must be paying Chelsea a 7-figure loan fee for him.

Ah, didn’t know that. I thought being 25 they’d be looking to get rid at season end. Suppose it’s better for us that Chelsea rate him highly.

20 minutes ago, samo II said:

Very pleased with this - do get the impression this means either one or both of Baker or Wright are further off than is being mentioned, but pleased to have Kalas regardless.

Agree that I’d guess this is our business done, but not displeased with the addition - knows what it is like to play in a team at the top end of this league. 

Wright just not good enough...'one that will be moved on when the 'moments right.

8 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I haven't seen him much but a good signing on paper covering the right sort of positions.

I think all we really need now is a central midfielder who can unlock a deep defence. 

Almost all Championship clubs could do with a midfield general. Problem for everyone is that they’re hard to find.

That said, I’m sure LJ has all hands to the pump in an effort to find one to cover for KS.

Could we’ll be case of ‘watch this space’ ..........

In reality he should be pairing with Webster. What will happen though is he will play RB against top 6 sides. Cover when Baker is unfit at CB and be on the bench when those aren’t happening.

Kalas is better but we may as well have kept Vyner around. Not like going to the worst team in the division and playing out of position is helping Vyner much.

Seems a negative post but I like the signing. Just not sure how he will be used when everyone is fit again. 

Archived