IGNORED

Tammy

Redmycolour

What LJ actually said, which seems inarguable:

Would you be interested in Tammy Abraham if he became available for loan?

Of course I would. But unfortunately he's out of our price range. We managed to coach him so well and give him the platform at this football club that he managed to sign a fantastic new contract putting him well out of the sights of Bristol City.

Tammy was great for us but we're all still talking about him. He went 13-14 months ago and he signed a new contract as I've said.

And this is the bit that's frustrating for me with the fans. Really I need to say 'come out of dreamland: he's signed for this amount per week and he's now played for England. We ain't getting him.

We're getting him when he hasn't kicked a ball in the division. At that point we take the risk and we get the reward like we did. 

12 minutes ago, chinapig said:

And this is the bit that's frustrating for me with the fans. Really I need to say 'come out of dreamland: he's signed for this amount per week and he's now played for England. We ain't getting him.

Could be reading too much into it, but I think this is fairly revealing from LJ.

In 16/17, LJ made a fair few naive comments - I suppose you could call them that. The Europe in 5 years thing (which was taken out of context), Bobby Reid £5m player if he adds goals (although proven right).. in general the way he talked about the club was as if the sky was the limit.

These comments about Abraham are about as realistic and grounded about the club that LJ has been. They’re the comments of a manager who understands our place and where we are as a club - perhaps a manager who’s slightly frustrated with the made funds available to him after selling star assets.

Could well be reading into it far too much - but that paragraph was interesting to me. If for nothing else, because he was totally realistic about our situation and didn’t try to sugar coat it at all.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Could be reading too much into it, but I think this is fairly revealing from LJ.

In 16/17, LJ made a fair few naive comments - I suppose you could call them that. The Europe in 5 years thing (which was taken out of context), Bobby Reid £5m player if he adds goals (although proven right).. in general the way he talked about the club was as if the sky was the limit.

These comments about Abraham are about as realistic and grounded about the club that LJ has been. They’re the comments of a manager who understands our place and where we are as a club - perhaps a manager who’s slightly frustrated with the made funds available to him after selling star assets.

Could well be reading into it far too much - but that paragraph was interesting to me. If for nothing else, because he was totally realistic about our situation and didn’t try to sugar coat it at all.

It could just be that he’s learnt making sugar-coated promises can come back and bite you on the arse!

52 minutes ago, chinapig said:

What LJ actually said, which seems inarguable:

Would you be interested in Tammy Abraham if he became available for loan?

Of course I would. But unfortunately he's out of our price range. We managed to coach him so well and give him the platform at this football club that he managed to sign a fantastic new contract putting him well out of the sights of Bristol City.

Tammy was great for us but we're all still talking about him. He went 13-14 months ago and he signed a new contract as I've said.

We're getting him when he hasn't kicked a ball in the division. At that point we take the risk and we get the reward like we did. 

A very honest and humbling quote. I actually respect Johnson for having the minerals to say something like this in the press; I can't imagine the board/Lansdown will be overly happy and it sends clear signals to our supporters who want high caliber signings that those running the club aren't prepared to part with cash or operate in this way. 

Looking for bargains in the French lower leagues it is then.

29 minutes ago, Undy English said:

A very honest and humbling quote. I actually respect Johnson for having the minerals to say something like this in the press; I can't imagine the board/Lansdown will be overly happy and it sends clear signals to our supporters who want high caliber signings that those running the club aren't prepared to part with cash or operate in this way. 

Not being able to afford to sign full England internationals, is hardly the same as only signing lower league bargains..!

I bet you the season long loan of Kallas will cost us several million pounds. 

Interesting this. I don’t think Tammy will return here and wages are being cited as the reason. 

However.......

£40k per week equates to £2, 080,000 - basically £2m. Not an outrageous bill for a top striker to get you to the Prem.  (Based on £40k x 52 weeks). 

Maybe it’s because it’s WAGES and not purchase fee that puts our club off ?

.... or maybe it’s  none of this - Tammy has stated he doesn’t want to play lower than the Prem. 

23 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

Johnson admits, Tammy won't be coming here, big wages, city won't pay it, NO AMBITION,

The use of the word “admits” shows in itself that this OP is a WUM. Johnson didn’t admit it, he simply stated it. “Admits” implies some sort of guilt or embarrassment, which is not present in the interview. LJ is simply stating what the large proportion of sensible fans already know, understand and accept. Only a reckless minority want us to spend money we don’t have, to risk crashing and burning when we miss out on promotion.

1 hour ago, Undy English said:

On the contrary I’m sure the board/Lansdown will be delighted that he is explaining the club strategy again in words of one syllable to those who still don’t understand it. It isn’t a hidden agenda.

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

On the contrary I’m sure the board/Lansdown will be delighted that he is explaining the club strategy again in words of one syllable to those who still don’t understand it. It isn’t a hidden agenda.

Tbh I suspect it's more a case of being unwilling to understand it, rather than being unable to. 

3 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Interesting this. I don’t think Tammy will return here and wages are being cited as the reason. 

However.......

£40k per week equates to £2, 080,000 - basically £2m. Not an outrageous bill for a top striker to get you to the Prem.  (Based on £40k x 52 weeks). 

Maybe it’s because it’s WAGES and not purchase fee that puts our club off ?

.... or maybe it’s  none of this - Tammy has stated he doesn’t want to play lower than the Prem. 

A £5m Loan fee might put clubs off too.  It could be more too!

2 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Don't be so  disrespectful to people you don't know, if you can't comment sensably don't comment at all, 

How do you know he does not know you? Might be he is bang on and giving good, friendly advice. ?

3 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Don't be so  disrespectful to people you don't know, if you can't comment sensably don't comment at all, 

But when the content of the original post is such complete utter shite what do you want me to do?

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say it's one of the worst posts I've ever seen on this forum... Just utter nonsensical bollocks that it hurts my head reading it.

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

But when the content of the original post is such complete utter shite what do you want me to do?

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say it's one of the worst posts I've ever seen on this forum... Just utter nonsensical bollocks that it hurts my head reading it.

I'm just quoted what Johnson said, and I dont think the club has any ambitions to reach premier league, few people agree, a few don't, that's fair enough, but don't have to be disrespectful, 

Just now, Redmycolour said:

I'm just quoted what Johnson said, and I dont think the club has any ambitions to reach premier league, few people agree, a few don't, that's fair enough, but don't have to be disrespectful, 

No you're not - see what he actually said above.The word 'admit' does not appear anywhere.

He did not 'admit' anything as that implies guilt of some sort (as in 'I admit I lied'), as if he had somehow promised we would sign Tammy.

He simply answered the question and made it clear why it was a non-starter.

17 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

Not true.

You misrepresented what was said and then added your own twist onto it.

17 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

Why do you think the club has no ambition to reach the premier league?

I would be extremely surprised if he drops into the Championship.

If any other Premier League team gets an inkling that he's looking for another loan they'd be knocking on the door.

I think he either stays at Chelsea or is loaned abroad to furrher his development. 

On 25/08/2018 at 17:50, DaveF said:

... hey, that title belongs to me from a post I did on one of the many ‘LJ Out’ threads - according to BobBobSuperBob - leave it alone - you’re not taking my Crown and giving it to someone else! ?

Archived