IGNORED

Tammy

Redmycolour

23 minutes ago, hodge said:

£7.5m on a player for one season? Sounds like a financially sound plan given the odds would still be likely against us to go up.

Swansea paid circa £10m plus wages last year.  It’s never happening.

1 hour ago, bris red said:

Its either try and find a way to pay the wages of these players or admitt what we are, a jobbing Championship club that will STRUGGLE to compete at this level instead of the usual horse shit that comes out of the Lansdowns familys mouth each summer to try and get in new season ticket holders.

Its getting boring now.. either put there money where there mouth is or shut up about effing Prem football cus it aint happening on the cheap.

Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Burnley and Brighton got it on the "cheap".

3 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Burnley and Brighton got it on the "cheap".

Do you include Huddersfield's £20m loss, Bournemouth breaching FFP under a dubious Russian owner and Brighton's £100m + debt under the definition of cheap?

Huddersfield sort of did it on the cheap compared to some. Think their loss was £17m or thereabouts, but over a 3 year period comfortably within FFP.

I think Watford didn't make huge losses, though they had a special arrangement with their owners...

Losses are inevitable in this League, just a case of limiting them I feel.

• Admin

Last season I believe we had a £9m deficit on transfers, this season I think we are looking to balance that out (whilst deepening the squad in certain areas) so that over the two seasons we are close to break even in FFP terms. 

It's my hope that this is with a view to next Summer spending the whole budget on 2 or 3 stellar signings to turn us into genuine contenders. 

1 minute ago, Ian M said:

Last season I believe we had a £9m deficit on transfers, this season I think we are looking to balance that out (whilst deepening the squad in certain areas) so that over the two seasons we are close to break even in FFP terms. 

It's my hope that this is with a view to next Summer spending the whole budget on 2 or 3 stellar signings to turn us into genuine contenders. 

Exactly that...Tomlin was the only sale, yet we brought in Diedhiou as a record signing, Baker on anything ranging from £400k to £4m (plus or minus buying out Kodjia’s clause), Eliasson, Walsh, Diony, Woodrow and Kent’s loans, and Steele and Pisano’s signing on fees.  This summer was inevitable imho.

Depends how you measure it all- in FFP terms if we lost £18.4m last year (an estimated figure I've seen provided by @Davefevs ) and £6.4m in 16/17, then you knock off £6m from 16/17 for allowable costs and it's unclear whether our potential losses in 17/18 of £18.4m were before allowable costs or after- if it's the latter then I estimate our 2 year loss to have been £18.8m, if it's before then it's £12.8m.

If it is indeed the latter then we could have gambled and pushed the boat out a little this season to make losses of up to £26.2m in the one season- though failing promotion would mean a big fire sale to break even in 19/20. Unless of course, 17/18 was us pushing the boat out a bit.

• Admin
2 hours ago, chinapig said:

Please use one of the zillion emojis Tom has provided so we can tell if you are serious about suggesting we can pay his reported £40k a week.

How can Sheffield United afford to pay £35k a week for Scott hogan? 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/could-sheffield-united-be-about-to-make-this-player-their-highest-earner-on-35k-a-week-1-9310176/amp

1 hour ago, bris red said:

Its either try and find a way to pay the wages of these players or admitt what we are, a jobbing Championship club that will STRUGGLE to compete at this level instead of the usual horse shit that comes out of the Lansdowns familys mouth each summer to try and get in new season ticket holders.

Its getting boring now.. either put there money where there mouth is or shut up about effing Prem football cus it aint happening on the cheap.

Ok bris red- I'm calling you out on this one- and best not think it's rhetorical.

Quote us EXACTLY the "horse shit" that has come from the Lansdown's in the ( for example) last two summers in order to sell ST's.

I'm not asking you what you think they said or what you heard on the grapevine that they might have said but a full on  proper quote of where SL has spoken horse shit which would sell ST's.

If you can do this then  fair enough  and I will be forever embarrassed ...........but if you can't you're just a silly little boy making up playground lies.

P.s "There"is  spelt their and admit is not spelt admitt. I think you're a very naughty boy who should spend less time on OTIB and more time on your education.

55 minutes ago, redapple said:

Maybe if we’d have sold 10,000 more season tickets we’d have been in a position to pay such stupid salary. 

Maybe if you owned the club you spend the money as irresponsibley as you like. Thankfully you don’t. 

Dont spout that you want ‘progression’ is mine and other people’s gripe. We cant compete with many clubs at this level when it comes to wages, thats fair enough. Im not advocating Lansdown spends anymore of ‘his’ money, but please Steve shut up about wanting Prem football its just playing us all for idiots..Top players at this level want 25 k a week plus, we cant/dont want to afford it so lets just accept what we are a middle of the road championship club who will probably be involved in relegation battles.. 

The more i think about it the more LJ becomes irrelevant in all this for me, you cant hate on a man who hasn’t got the tools to do the job. Its a shame really but the people at the top dont want it enough.

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

Dont spout that you want ‘progression’ is mine and other people’s gripe. We cant compete with many clubs at this level when it comes to wages, thats fair enough. Im not advocating Lansdown spends anymore of ‘his’ money, but please Steve shut up about wanting Prem football its just playing us all for idiots..Top players at this level want 25 k a week plus, we cant/dont want to afford it so lets just accept what we are a middle of the road championship club who will probably be involved in relegation battles.. 

The more i think about it the more LJ becomes irrelevant in all this for me, you cant hate on a man who hasn’t got the tools to do the job. Its a shame really but the people at the top dont want it enough.

When has Steve ( I assume you’re buddies) gone on and on about premiership football?

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

I should correct myself, Tammy is actually reported to be on £50k a week.

The fact that Sheffield United might end up paying £35k a week, assuming Villa aren't paying any part, doesn't necessarily mean they can afford to, they may be gambling, though I imagine they are using the Brooks money.

We on the other hand seem to be clawing back some of last year's losses so a potential £10m+ on Tammy for one season seems a non starter.

33 minutes ago, ciderrider said:

If I earned £50k a week I'd pay someone to put my socks on for me. 

You wouldn’t trust me...We are pretty much the same farties no matter what! You’ll still shop at Sainsburys but you might pay for hospitality at the gate on you birthday!

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Any owner is going to want premiership football surely? Even if it isn't going to happen they are going to talk about it as though they believe it can

But some claim on this thread that he doesn’t ever say it, laughable really.. took me about 2 minutes to find that quote im sure there are plenty of others. Not hating on SL, good guy and a better owner than many but the guy isn’t ambitious IMO. 

Just now, bris red said:

But some claim on this thread that he doesn’t ever say it, laughable really.. took me about 2 minutes to find that quote im sure there are plenty of others. Not hating on SL, good guy and a better owner than many but the guy isn’t ambitious IMO. 

I think there's a difference between being ambitious and being reckless, SL is ambitious, he has put enough money into the club to show that. What he isn't is reckless, wherein he'll put £50 million into one transfer window so that we can bring in loads of quality players in order to get us a season of Premier League football. In my opinion, as much as id like to see us play in the Premier League, that is a good thing as it would completely ruin the club financially if it failed

‘We HAVE to finish higher than eleventh’ 

‘We stood second in the table in December and we know we can be up there’

Its just this sort of talk coupled with selling your best players and replacing them with average that gets on mine and other supporters nerves.. Does SL really think this current squad can be ‘up there’ this season? 

9 minutes ago, bris red said:

You might want to seek out SL's recent interview to see what he actually said as a starter.

You might also want to read up on FFP.  Though it has been explained many times on here by well informed posters they might be getting bored with explaining it when so many people want to pretend it doesn't exist.

Just now, chinapig said:

You might want to seek out SL's recent interview to see what he actually said as a starter.

You might also want to read up on FFP.  Though it has been explained many times on here by well informed posters they might be getting bored with explaining it when so many people want to pretend it doesn't exist.

Would you agree that SL just says things without actually meaning or thinking them through then? Because how can this squad realistically look to be ‘up there’ when you have so much money being spent and talent being bought by other clubs? 

Archived